• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

is there any possible way of finding any team that would take samuelsson off us??? any team with a defencemen theyd might wanna get rid of making 2-3 million??

Unfortunetly i know he will probably just go on waivers and at this point id just send him down to grand rapids to get rid of him any way possible

whos gonna be the 3 guys we cut in the end? my bet would be samuelsson tootoo and eaves ... guessing emmertons 500k cap hit would make him stay here and bertuzzi's size

zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

franzen weiss alfredsson

tatar helm nyquist

miller andersson cleary

bertuzzi/emmerton

i see our final roster looking something like this ( unfortunetly got a horrible feeling nyquist will start in the ahl and tatar will be traded at some point)

looking ahead  sheahan/ferraro/jurco/jarnkrok/pulkkinen will be pushing for icetime next 1-2 yrs ...hope holland considers trading or buying out franzen after this year as i think keeping him around into his late 30s we will deeply regret it and he will be a 3rd liner at best with all the kids coming up

#2 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

waiving him and burying him in the ahl would still count against the cap. pretty sure that's a part of the new CBA.  

#3 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

waiving him and burying him in the ahl would still count against the cap. pretty sure that's a part of the new CBA.  

ya it is but i just wanna get rid of him by any means possible ... i just dont wanna see him around the team period

#4 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

I think one way or another Holland will find a way to get rid of him. 

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

ya it is but i just wanna get rid of him by any means possible ... i just dont wanna see him around the team period

That's nice and all, but it doesn't do anything to fix the cap problem.  It would clear a roster spot, but ultimately someone else would have to go anyways to be cap compliant.  Basically, don't hold your breath.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#6 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Agreed.  I'm thinking he's going to have to be a part of a package deal.  Maybe Kenny can even pull off a trade that can actually be beneficial to our team, besides losing Sammy's contract.  That would be too good to be true...

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#7 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Haha, looks like the only way it's gonna happen is Sammy + a promising prospect for nothing.

Basically bribe a team to take him off our hands.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#8 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Haha, looks like the only way it's gonna happen is Sammy + a promising prospect for nothing.

With training camp and preseason pretty well here, there will be players hurt by the time the season begins. There will be someone needing to fill a roster spot and be willing to give up pretty well nothing for him

#9 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

whats sad is we all knew what a horrible signing holland did that day when he decided to bring him back

#10 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Going off the top of my head instead of looking it up, but I believe that the WIngs would have to count all of Sammy's salary except for a $100k exception against the cap so he would still have a cap hit of $2.9m while playing in GR.

#11 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Agreed.  I'm thinking he's going to have to be a part of a package deal.  Maybe Kenny can even pull off a trade that can actually be beneficial to our team, besides losing Sammy's contract.  That would be too good to be true...

He has a NTC.  I don't really see someone like Sammy waiving it, being as he demanded it in the first place just a year ago.

#12 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Did everyone forget he has an NTC? The only way he gets traded is if he WANTS to be traded. And it's probably going to be tough to convince a guy that he wants to be traded off a team that's projected to be competing with the Bruins for dominance in the East and is loaded with his countrymen. And if for some bizarre reason he did decide he wanted to be traded he would basically get to pick the team he wants to play for and Holland would have to bend to that teams will in trade talks.

So no, Samuelsson will not be traded. The only way he'll be "off" this team is if he gets seriously injured and goes on LTIR or we warp through time an it suddenly becomes July 2014.

#13 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Did everyone forget he has an NTC? The only way he gets traded is if he WANTS to be traded. And it's probably going to be tough to convince a guy that he wants to be traded off a team that's projected to be competing with the Bruins for dominance in the East and is loaded with his countrymen. And if for some bizarre reason he did decide he wanted to be traded he would basically get to pick the team he wants to play for and Holland would have to bend to that teams will in trade talks.

So no, Samuelsson will not be traded. The only way he'll be "off" this team is if he gets seriously injured and goes on LTIR or we warp through time an it suddenly becomes July 2014.

Well it can be a case of accept a trade or don't play. 

#14 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

unless hes a healthy scratch most games or playing 4 minutes a night

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 12 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#15 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well it can be a case of accept a trade or don't play. 

for a soon to be 37 yr old who's already won the cup he might not have a problem sitting at home and collecting a check until July. And it'd be a good way to spite the team that signed you and then tried to strong arm you off the team a year later.

Regardless, "accept a trade or don't play" would very much tarnish the red wings reputation as a destination in the eyes of every free agent. Not a very Holland/Wings esque move to say the least.

#16 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

for a soon to be 37 yr old who's already won the cup he might not have a problem sitting at home and collecting a check until July. And it'd be a good way to spite the team that signed you and then tried to strong arm you off the team a year later.

Regardless, "accept a trade or don't play" would very much tarnish the red wings reputation as a destination in the eyes of every free agent. Not a very Holland/Wings esque move to say the least.

Moreover, I just think that whatever delusion led them to think that contract was a good idea last summer, it probably hasn't completely disappeared just because he lost basically a whole year to injury.  It'd be another story if he'd actually played the year out and sucked (see: White, Ian).

#17 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like he's just filled with spite, lol.  He already spited (spote?) us by claiming injury despite being cleared by all the doctors, so he could collect that extra million dollars..

#18 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Anyone have any mob connections?

Edited by Dabura, 12 September 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#19 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

You can't even say hindsight is 20/20, in this case. Everyone knew Sammy's deal would bite us in the ass.

#20 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

LTIR