• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Samuelsson - is there any WAY in hell we can get rid of this guy? whos

Rate this topic

is there any possible way of finding any team that would take samuelsson off us??? any team with a defencemen theyd might wanna get rid of making 2-3 million??

Unfortunetly i know he will probably just go on waivers and at this point id just send him down to grand rapids to get rid of him any way possible

whos gonna be the 3 guys we cut in the end? my bet would be samuelsson tootoo and eaves ... guessing emmertons 500k cap hit would make him stay here and bertuzzi's size

zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

franzen weiss alfredsson

tatar helm nyquist

miller andersson cleary

bertuzzi/emmerton

i see our final roster looking something like this ( unfortunetly got a horrible feeling nyquist will start in the ahl and tatar will be traded at some point)

looking ahead sheahan/ferraro/jurco/jarnkrok/pulkkinen will be pushing for icetime next 1-2 yrs ...hope holland considers trading or buying out franzen after this year as i think keeping him around into his late 30s we will deeply regret it and he will be a 3rd liner at best with all the kids coming up

ya it is but i just wanna get rid of him by any means possible ... i just dont wanna see him around the team period

That's nice and all, but it doesn't do anything to fix the cap problem. It would clear a roster spot, but ultimately someone else would have to go anyways to be cap compliant. Basically, don't hold your breath.

I think one way or another Holland will find a way to get rid of him.

Agreed. I'm thinking he's going to have to be a part of a package deal. Maybe Kenny can even pull off a trade that can actually be beneficial to our team, besides losing Sammy's contract. That would be too good to be true...

Haha, looks like the only way it's gonna happen is Sammy + a promising prospect for nothing.

Basically bribe a team to take him off our hands.

With training camp and preseason pretty well here, there will be players hurt by the time the season begins. There will be someone needing to fill a roster spot and be willing to give up pretty well nothing for him

waiving him and burying him in the ahl would still count against the cap. pretty sure that's a part of the new CBA.

Going off the top of my head instead of looking it up, but I believe that the WIngs would have to count all of Sammy's salary except for a $100k exception against the cap so he would still have a cap hit of $2.9m while playing in GR.

Agreed. I'm thinking he's going to have to be a part of a package deal. Maybe Kenny can even pull off a trade that can actually be beneficial to our team, besides losing Sammy's contract. That would be too good to be true...

He has a NTC. I don't really see someone like Sammy waiving it, being as he demanded it in the first place just a year ago.

I think one way or another Holland will find a way to get rid of him.

Haha, looks like the only way it's gonna happen is Sammy + a promising prospect for nothing.

Basically bribe a team to take him off our hands.

Did everyone forget he has an NTC? The only way he gets traded is if he WANTS to be traded. And it's probably going to be tough to convince a guy that he wants to be traded off a team that's projected to be competing with the Bruins for dominance in the East and is loaded with his countrymen. And if for some bizarre reason he did decide he wanted to be traded he would basically get to pick the team he wants to play for and Holland would have to bend to that teams will in trade talks.

So no, Samuelsson will not be traded. The only way he'll be "off" this team is if he gets seriously injured and goes on LTIR or we warp through time an it suddenly becomes July 2014.

Did everyone forget he has an NTC? The only way he gets traded is if he WANTS to be traded. And it's probably going to be tough to convince a guy that he wants to be traded off a team that's projected to be competing with the Bruins for dominance in the East and is loaded with his countrymen. And if for some bizarre reason he did decide he wanted to be traded he would basically get to pick the team he wants to play for and Holland would have to bend to that teams will in trade talks.

So no, Samuelsson will not be traded. The only way he'll be "off" this team is if he gets seriously injured and goes on LTIR or we warp through time an it suddenly becomes July 2014.

Well it can be a case of accept a trade or don't play.

unless hes a healthy scratch most games or playing 4 minutes a night

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Well it can be a case of accept a trade or don't play.

for a soon to be 37 yr old who's already won the cup he might not have a problem sitting at home and collecting a check until July. And it'd be a good way to spite the team that signed you and then tried to strong arm you off the team a year later.

Regardless, "accept a trade or don't play" would very much tarnish the red wings reputation as a destination in the eyes of every free agent. Not a very Holland/Wings esque move to say the least.

for a soon to be 37 yr old who's already won the cup he might not have a problem sitting at home and collecting a check until July. And it'd be a good way to spite the team that signed you and then tried to strong arm you off the team a year later.

Regardless, "accept a trade or don't play" would very much tarnish the red wings reputation as a destination in the eyes of every free agent. Not a very Holland/Wings esque move to say the least.

Moreover, I just think that whatever delusion led them to think that contract was a good idea last summer, it probably hasn't completely disappeared just because he lost basically a whole year to injury. It'd be another story if he'd actually played the year out and sucked (see: White, Ian).

Sounds like he's just filled with spite, lol. He already spited (spote?) us by claiming injury despite being cleared by all the doctors, so he could collect that extra million dollars..

I see a lot of our "promising talent" taking off in the next three weeks... this off season has been mediocre to bad for Holland.

And how exactly do u see that happening?

Sorry, but signing Alfredsson, Weiss, Extending Datsyuk, signing Cleary to a bargain contract, and locking up our RFA's - aka the "promosing talent" you eluded to - is not a bad or even mediocre off-season.

Nyquist is the only one being forced down, but he'll be back as soon as injuries, demotions, and trades roll in.

I still don't see the situation as being that complicated.

Helm - Will start on IR and probably be on there till the new year.

Emmerton - Waived if not traded. (Dats, Zetts, Weiss, Andy, Franz, Abby can all play center so don't give me that we need to keep him because Helm is injured)

Sammy, Eaves, Tootoo - battle out the last couple spots. Trade/Demote who doesn't cut it.

Leaves us with a 23 man roster and over 1 million in cap space.

And how exactly do u see that happening?

Sorry, but signing Alfredsson, Weiss, Extending Datsyuk, signing Cleary to a bargain contract, and locking up our RFA's - aka the "promosing talent" you eluded to - is not a bad or even mediocre off-season.

Nyquist is the only one being forced down, but he'll be back as soon as injuries, demotions, and trades roll in.

tatar will probably pay the price as well and not last here long , was signing someone like drew miller to 3 long years really necessary?? we all knew samuelssons return was a huge mistake at the time

that being said im not against cleary coming back for one year but since he signing 1 year its all but sure he will resign next year for another 2-3 yrs... we got a ton of young players with big potential ready in 1-2 yrs and its about time we blend some in

Not put them all in at the same time or trade them away to keep the oldies around who are expendable