Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Torts on Twitter: "most narcissistic thing I have ever seen"

Rate this topic

I thought these comments were pretty funny from Torts:

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer 39m

Tortorella says he doesn't want his players on Twitter. Hates it #Canucks

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer 25m

Tortorella: "I think it's the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen, Twitter" #Canucks

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer 21m

More Torts on Twitter: "I am not going to handcuff them and treat them like little kids. . . #Canucks

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer 19m

More Torts: "There better be no info come out of the locker-room with that damn Twitter." #Canucks

This makes me want to immediately start a fake John Tortorella Twitter account & start tweeting out the most narcissistic content I can think of.

LOL i'm sure someone has already beat you to it.

Although I agree with him mostly, he is still a jackass and makes himself look like a whiney ***** by saying stuff like this.

Someone should make one for the Canucks' locker room. And instead of it being an obvious joke, it should appear as legit as humanly possible. Just to mess with opponents. (Most people over 40 or 50 don't really understand Twitter.)

Most people under 40 make sweeping generalizations about people over 40.

I just use it to get news on days like this. People 'report' tweets on forums, etc, but there is a lot that goes unseen. WIIM is always good for a laugh.

And you wouldn't see cool stuff like this:

BT__ML9IQAANYFe.jpg

https://twitter.com/Datsyuk13/status/378301478668349440/photo/1

I heard the interview on Vancouver's team 1040. Wasn't that big of a deal. He said Twitter has its place; he and his wife organize a charity dog walk that brings in a lot of money for Humane Society. He said Twitter was great promoting the event.

All he really said was that of course what goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room and not on Twitter.

Narcissistic comment was when pro athletes feel the need to tweet" eating a roast beef sandwich then I'm going to the bathroom", and that was actually pretty damn funny.

So far the Vancouver media thinks he's awesome. He has given some excellent interviews with a lot of hockey insight.

The major thing that bugs me with Twitter in the spots realm, especially the knuckledraggers like ESPN and 97.1 The Ticket is that they report certain Twitter accounts as if it's a legitimate source, or just make a story out of some player saying something stupid or "controversial". So I pretty much think I agree with Torts on this one, surprisingly.

AlexBurrows on Torts on-ice testing: 'For me it wasn't the cardio. It was the legs. Your legs are just fried after a few laps." #canucks

1:31 PM - 12 Sep 2013

"This camp is tough. Today's skate is like nothing I've been through. I just have to focus on my game." - Horvat

Even the mighty Sedin twins were challenged by Tortorella as team captain Henrik said that the session was, "tough. Very tough."

Tortorella made the team run two miles in 12 minutes and only the Sedin twins and Mike Santorelli managed to accomplish the feat.

That's the thing about running: being "ripped" doesn't necessarily mean a lot. So much of it is just what goes on in the torso - and, of course, the legs and feet.

I guess Torts is somewhat "punishing" them...and maybe taking out some of his own anger on them.

Wouldn't surprise me.