• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest midnightpulp

will you tank red wings games due to the cleary signing

Rate this topic

Guest midnightpulp

i saw this thread on HFboards a few days ago. someone asked if any wings fan would give up on buying tickets to the games due to the cleary signing, and some posters said they'd downright not watch games on television anymore.

i'm just curious, will anyone here tank the games this year? i personally will watch the games but probably won't attend one.

Edited by midnightpulp

If someone is that upset about a depth signing, then they should probably see someone and reevaluate their priorities in life. Seriously? There are way more important things in life to get worked up about.

I get the people who boycotted hockey because of the lockout, but this has fake keyboard!rage written all over it...

Hey let's tank a game because the Wings re-signed the player who outscored Zetterberg and Datsyuk last post season. This player also plays with grit and tenacity EVERY shift and is a leader on and off the ice.

If you've never played hockey (beer leagues, triple A, pro) in your life, you will never appreciate what Cleary brings to the table. If you have or do, then you've never fully matured in regards to your hockey sense.

Never question the heart of a champion.

Honestly if anyone does that, I question how much of a Wings fan they were to begin with. It's not like the Red Wings are the Lions where the organization continually botches personnel moves.

This is a really good team, with or without Dan Cleary. I don't like the move either, but boycotting over a signing is ridiculous.

I despise the Cleary signing but no matter what I will see the Wings play Boston in November and likely see them anytime they come near Philly. Hopefully he will be injured so I don't have to watch him fall down all game as those tickets are too expensive for that and I would be too drunk to go home due to having to chug a beer each time he falls down.

Seriously as much as I am a fan of the DetroitRedWings, my well being and priorities in life aren't built around this team or hockey and I really love[d] the sport. Cleary is a fine athlete and a fierce competitor. We all know the money should have been spent more wisely but nobody here can do anything about that now. On a purely personal level I just don't understand, why Holland needed to put this team over the cap by signing Alfredsson in full knowledge that he wanted Clears back badly.

let's just hope there is still enough place for the young players even if it means shipping out some veterans

Umm No... I mean it's not like they hired Roy as their coach. I'd like to know the over/under on how many games he gets through until he goes ape s*** on one of his players.

or refs, or opponents goalie...

hopefully he doesn't try to fight Ozzie now that he will be between the glass

Tank a game because of Cleary??

I'm in the UK and I'm stuck watching the games on gamecenter.

I'd give my left ballick to be able to be at The Joe, so if you can't go because you're not happy with one signing, double slap yourself and thank your lucky stars that you weren't around in the late 70's.

Edited by Davy