• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/16 Pre-Season GDT : Red Wings 4 at Penguins 1

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

How did Mantha look?

Weak and unready for the NHL. His success at the OHL level came from finding the sweet spots on the ice---a la Brett Hull---but he's neither strong nor experienced enough to do that at the NHL level yet. He brought his OHL game to an NHL environment and was shut down hard.

And Jarnkrok?

Just like Mantha, he didn't do well. He is even more inexperienced than Mantha, having never played the North American game, and he has the added weakness of being very understrength. He was barely noticeable.

Andersson was also -1

He didn't earn that minus. He clearly takes the defensive side of his game very seriously, and did nothing wrong on that play.

How does Sammy have a minus? He had an assist and Pit only scored once?

I don't think Sammy actually looked that bad. He was average. Took some pointless shots that could be picked like cherries but he was jumping into the rush and making decent passes. Cleary looked below average. He floated all game and if I wasn't actually looking for him, I wouldn't have noticed him out there besides for turning the puck over once or twice.

points scored on the power play do not count toward +/-

I just saw the third period, but it looked like a typical Wings-Pens game. Wings winning, Pens getting swarmed with defense, Pens acting like thugs because they're losing, Crosby acting like a spoiled brat. On one play, Crosby skated through the middle with the puck, was swarmed with Wings, Quincy ended up being the one that knocked the puck off his stick, it went to the boards, Quincy moves it over to the other d-man and Crosby takes a swipe at Quincy's head with his stick. Seriously? Its preseason, its 4-1, its the last half of the third period. Kunitz blindsides Abdelkader. Orpik took a couple of shots at players. Its really disgraceful how they play, even in preseason.

It may have been just a preseason game, but man, did it feel good watching the Wings beat them so badly.

Thinking of gettiing Gamecenter Live. Is it the same thing as Gamecenter?

Gamecenter Live (sometimes called Gamecenter) is the official NHL site to watch games online (computer, phone, tablet, xbox, etc). I used it last year for the first time, and I thought it was great. For me, the only negative is that NHL Network games are blacked out, and the channel isn't available from my cable provider. There are other less expensive (or free) illegal alternatives, but IMO Gamecenter Live is worth the money.

Gamecenter Live (sometimes called Gamecenter) is the official NHL site to watch games online (computer, phone, tablet, xbox, etc). I used it last year for the first time, and I thought it was great. For me, the only negative is that NHL Network games are blacked out, and the channel isn't available from my cable provider. There are other less expensive (or free) illegal alternatives, but IMO Gamecenter Live is worth the money.

Thanks! Beyond the blackout stuff, I've heard only good things about it. I think I'm gonna go for it.