• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/17 Pre-Season GDT : Red Wings 0 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Not even an injury, just sore. Actually, the whole purpose of him sitting tonight is to make sure it doesn't become a full-fledged injury.

(Secretly, Franzen just can't be bothered to participate in a season that matters even less to the Wings than the regular season. "What is this joyless insanity you call 'the preseason'? he asks.")

FORWARDS

Todd Bertuzzi - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson

Gustav Nyquist - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Jurco

Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Patrick Eaves

Mitch Callahan - Andreas Athanasiou - Teemu Pulkkinen

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson

Xavier Ouellet - Ryan Sproul

Brian Lashoff - Nathan Paetsch

Max Nicastro - Richard Nedomlel

"uellet and Sproul look like they're going to be ready for prime time pretty soon," Babcock said.

Selected seven picks a part in the second round of the NHL draft two years ago, Ouellet and Sproul are among the young guys that gives the Red Wings hope of building a solid defense for years to come.

"We were commenting, Mike Babcock and I, how pleased we are with those two guys," general manager Ken Holland said. "Sproul is the CHL defenseman of the year, OHL defenseman of the year, Ouellet played on Canada's World Junior team. They've been good prospects almost from the time we drafted them. They continue to improve and do the things you always hope is going to happen. ... We hope they're going to be a big part of our future."

Sproul and Ouellet have contrasting styles on the ice. Sproul is more offensive-minded, while Ouellet is more defensive in his approach to the game. The two 20-year-olds, who've been paired together in each of the last three Wings' prospect tournaments, will again be together tonight in their first NHL preseason game.

"I think we're two different players, that's why we're pretty good together," Ouellet said. "He likes to go up with the puck and skate around. He has a pretty hard shot. I'm a little more defensive. Together we're doing a good job.

"We kind of know each other on the ice, so that helps. He's a good player, so it's not hard to play with him. We have good chemistry together."

Edited by T.Low

FORWARDS

Todd Bertuzzi - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson

Gustav Nyquist - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Jurco

Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Patrick Eaves

Mitch Callahan - Andreas Athanasiou - Teemu Pulkkinen

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson

Xavier Ouellet - Ryan Sproul

Brian Lashoff - Nathan Paetsch

Max Nicastro - Richard Nedomlel

The only time "emdog" will ever be a 3rd line center

I didn't see the game available under my account- was it up for you? I do know that GCL had a stream for the game (that illegal streamers intercept), but I didn't have the game available.

Same here. I have GCL but had no watch option last night. And I am out of area so assumed it would be available. Anyone know what the new GCL rules are this year that is causing some to see the games and some not?