• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/17 Pre-Season GDT : Red Wings 0 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Just wait to you hear the Bruins and Pens announcers on a regular basis... You will even miss Eddie O hahaha

I doubt I will miss his "subtle interference" references, and his acting like the hawks are the best run organization in sports, if I were to date someone who cheated on me, it wouldn't make me miss my ex who stole from me... (just an example, not actually a real thing)

How do Weiss and Alfie look?

Trying to puzzle that out. I've heard Alfie's name a couple times, and Weiss's basically not at all. Alfie is supposedly -2, and Weiss 0. I can't figure out if they are still on the same line, but with these announcers I might as well just guess...

Trying to puzzle that out. I've heard Alfie's name a couple times, and Weiss's basically not at all. Alfie is supposedly -2, and Weiss 0. I can't figure out if they are still on the same line, but with these announcers I might as well just guess...

I think we all wanted to hear the announcers life stories, I didn't actually want to hear a play by play anyways...

Lol they called Coreau "Gustavsson" hahahhaa then had to correct themselves, to busy staring at pictures of Toews

Guest Crymson

Just wait to you hear the Bruins and Pens announcers on a regular basis... You will even miss Eddie O hahaha

Jack Edwards at least maintains no pretention of being unbiased. He's a full-form Bruins fan in all things.

Hockey really isn't a sport one can listen to. Audio commentary on other sports can at least give one a general picture of what is going on. Not so with hockey.

Edited by Crymson

Hockey really isn't a sport one can listen to. Audio commentary on other sports can at least give one a general picture of what is going on. Not so with hockey.

Yeah, radio doesn't hold a candle to seeing the game, but I used to end up stuck with radio pretty often way back when. If the play-by-play guy is good you can at least get a decent sense of the progress of the game. With these tools I might as well put on a completely unrelated show for all the information they are conveying...

Edited for: rebellious typing fingers...

Edited by Austrianwing

I think Ken Kal does an excellent job of calling the game, especially when it's probably one of the most difficult sports to call on radio.

I agree, definitely worth listening when he's doing it.

Did Coreau just give someone a 'blockerwash'? Awesome :lol:

I think Ken Kal does an excellent job of calling the game, especially when it's probably one of the most difficult sports to call on radio.

I actually get really annoyed with him at times, he will start yelling, but waits forever sometimes to tell you if *insert players name* scored or not, and when you can't watch it sucks when He yells *AND DATSYUK WITH A BEAUTIFULLLL DEKE OFF A PASS FROM KRONWALL DEKED AROUND 3 PLAYERS FROM CENTER ICE... *then trails off* and he scored/just missed the net (all of which comes after the shot has been taken and he already scored/missed)

Edited by Euro_Twins

I actually get really annoyed with him at times, he will start yelling, but waits forever sometimes to tell you if *insert players name* scored or not, and when you can't watch it sucks when He yells *AND DATSYUK WITH A BEAUTIFULLLL DEKE OFF A PASS FROM KRONWALL DEKED AROUND 3 PLAYERS FROM CENTER ICE... *then trails off* and he scored/just missed the net (all of which comes after the shot has been taken and he already scored/missed)

Hahaha! Ok, you got a point there :)