• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/17 Pre-Season GDT : Red Wings 0 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Ken Kal and Paul Woods do an excellent job of calling games. Sure they have their hangups, such as Paul Woods calling Kirk Maltby, KURT for his entire career and even in the last few years post-career for Maltby, but they feed off each other really well. It's a mix of my general obsession with hockey, and the fact that they call a great game together, but I really enjoy listening to them if I'm at work and can't watch the game.

Guest Crymson

Ken Kal and Paul Woods do an excellent job of calling games. Sure they have their hangups, such as Paul Woods calling Kirk Maltby, KURT for his entire career and even in the last few years post-career for Maltby, but they feed off each other really well. It's a mix of my general obsession with hockey, and the fact that they call a great game together, but I really enjoy listening to them if I'm at work and can't watch the game.

What do you have against Kurt Maltby? Are you likewise derisive of Chris Draper and Darren McCarthy?

*rock paper scissors*

... SPOCK! I win hahahahahahahahaha

I really don't understand the rule of not being allowed to tuck in your jersey anymore. seems ridiculous and pointless to me

Agreed. I quit listening early, did they just mention this, or was there an incident in the game. I think Adam Oates hit the nail on the head when he asked how they would enforce this. What if you jersey gets tucked in after a hit or any other way that it can happen? Is a team really going to be penalized for it? Are they going to stop the play to warn the team? I really hope it's just one of those things they make a rule but it just goes away and isn't enforced.

They should, they have only won the cup 2 out of the 5 years the NHL has been around...

This absolutely made my night.

Agreed. I quit listening early, did they just mention this, or was there an incident in the game. I think Adam Oates hit the nail on the head when he asked how they would enforce this. What if you jersey gets tucked in after a hit or any other way that it can happen? Is a team really going to be penalized for it? Are they going to stop the play to warn the team? I really hope it's just one of those things they make a rule but it just goes away and isn't enforced.

This absolutely made my night.

They mentioned it, It could slow down faceoffs even more then the usual musical chair song and dance the ref does, if a player bends over (calm down BOS) and his jersey comes up, will they delay the game mid faceoff so he canre-adjust his clothes, maybe he can fix his makeup, and straighten his hair while he's at it...

Describe?

"Hey, sure gonna miss this rivalry, not gonna miss those trips to Detroit though, eh? Couldn't get out of there fast enough!"

"Hey, that's not fair. They have decent pizza!"

Something to that effect. Just seemed like a cheap shot when your team's up 2-0.