• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Devils sign Brunner 2 yrs. $2.5 million AAV

Rate this topic

Did it ever come out how much the Wings offered him? I know he turned down a 2 and 3 year deal but I never heard the dollar amount.

I think the reason he turned down the Wings offer was more to do with the fact that they wouldn't guarantee him a top 6 spot and not so much the money they offered.

So we think it's $2.5 AAV? Guess he ended up getting the best he probably should have gotten in the first place.

As I pointed out on the other thread, The Devils have FIVE wingers (not forwards, but wingers) that make more than $3 million per year on that roster. NJ is probably a worse team than DET, but it's not like he's guaranteed Top 6 playing time on that team either.

I think the reason he turned down the Wings offer was more to do with the fact that they wouldn't guarantee him a top 6 spot and not so much the money they offered.

True. I remember that being part of it. Or at least speculation that was part of it.

with a big enough number after the dollar sign though I'm sure he would've let go of the guarantee. :P

(not saying the Wings should have done that).

According to Brendan Savage he accepted a deal at the exact same terms he rejected from the Wings in order to test the FA market.

I guess his decision was based on ice-time and opportunity to play in the top 6. I don't think he was going to get that opportunity under Babcock, and especially not after adding Alfredsson to the line-up.

I hope he does well in NJ...just not against the Wings.

<sniff>

Fare thee well, Damien. May your ice always be smooth and your stick never break.

I'm off to drown my sorrows. The breakup is always the worst when the ex for whom you still pine marries another.

Oh, well, we'll always have Anaheim.

<sniff>

Fare thee well, Damien. May your ice always be smooth and your stick never break.

I'm off to drown my sorrows. The breakup is always the worst when the ex for whom you still pine marries another.

Oh, well, we'll always have Anaheim.

Especially when you still have to see your ex all the time with their new spouse :'(