• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Devils sign Brunner 2 yrs. $2.5 million AAV

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Like Zetterberg and Weiss then?

Seriously guys, so he didn't sign for us? Just let it go.

Weiss's goal came because he drove the net. Zetterberg's came because he was in the correct location in the slot and got a shot through a bunch of traffic. Brunner's goals came because he was standing in a stationary position near the goal and had the puck come to him. I could have scored those goals.

Weiss's goal came because he drove the net. Zetterberg's came because he was in the correct location in the slot and got a shot through a bunch of traffic. Brunner's goals came because he was standing in a stationary position near the goal and had the puck come to him. I could have scored those goals.

lol, seriously? Brunner fought off the defenceman to maintain position on the first goal, and on the other was cool enough to hold onto the puck for the fraction of a second he needed to elevate the puck over the goalie.

If scoring goals was as easy as hanging around the crease and poking rebounds home, Phil Esposito wouldn't be the only person to do it 70 times a season. And when Tatar finally gets his chance and starts scoring these kinds of goals on a regular basis (as he did in GR) I look forward to you calling them all lucky goals that you could have scored.

Edited by Nev

It's the first game of the season. Of course Brunner is pumped up and wants to impress his new teammates, coach and fans. Let's see how many goals he has after the 41-game mark. He's a good player but he moved on and the Wings are really no worse of a team without him.

lol, seriously? Brunner fought off the defenceman to maintain position on the first goal, and on the other was cool enough to hold onto the puck for the fraction of a second he needed to elevate the puck over the goalie.

If scoring goals was as easy as hanging around the crease and poking rebounds home, Phil Esposito wouldn't be the only person to do it 70 times a season. And when Tatar finally gets his chance and starts scoring these kinds of goals on a regular basis (as he did in GR) I luck forward to you calling them all lucky goals that you could have scored.

Agreed. Definitely not garbage. They were exactly the goals Crosby scores all the time

They were also a perfect example of why he should've been down low on our PowerPlay instead of up high.

He definitely has a nose for the puck, no pun intended. And yes Tatar and Nyquist would have scored those goals. Abby, maybe not the first one and probably would have positioned himself in traffic instead of back door in an open shooting lane on the second.

I guess I'm wacky, I actually hope he does well while Nyquist and Tatar do well also.

Blows me away that anyone would call those garbage goals: he was exactly where he was supposed to be and did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Edited by T.Low

Guest mjtm77

I never said he couldn't play. But Tatar or Nyquist can gibe you the production he does. And at some point a few young guys deserve to be given an opportunity. We keep trotting out the same old team but expect better results as players decline. Its great.

Because given hollands track record his next two signings will be howe and yzerman.

Acually I bet a Dan Cleary extension my friend

I love Brunner and think we would have been much better with him and Im sure in hindsight he would have signed here but alas it was a different kind of year with not as much "dumb" money around...But he f*ed up and is a piece of another puzzle now, but why take away/hate on a guy for goals he scored? I would make a trade including several players from our current line up to include him in this.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Brunner just scored a nice goal. EPIC FAIL signing Alfy and letting Brunner go.

I agree we will miss him. But people you need to realize, we wanted him back! We offered 2 and 3 year deals, which he turned down, we didn't pick alfie over him, he decided to leave, we had to do what was necessary in the FA market.

Also, I wouldn't say he scored an EPIC goal, it was a nice shot, but not anything to go insane over. Also it was on Labarbera, may as well have scored it on Rick DiPietro

Guest mjtm77

They just said Brunner has 3 of the Devil's 5 goals this year.

They make zero sense. The devils have scored more then 5 goals

Yeah I know if only Kenny had offered him a deal before the trade deadline, maybe even two offers and one of them being the exact offer he ended signing with NJ.

Then it would be EPIC WIN!

In "Reality Land" the nose turned down the offers he got from the Wings to test free agency, oh but don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

I wish we had signed Brunner, but that's a bit premature.. 79 games to go. Besides like mentioned we offered him a deal, and most likely if he had accepted Cleary would have been the odd man out not Alfie.