• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Devils sign Brunner 2 yrs. $2.5 million AAV

Rate this topic

He was told to not pass up on being offered that. We were never gonna pay him 5 mil. It's the same thing that happened with martin lapointe and recently, filpulla. In the nhl, everyone is one bad injury away from being useless so brunner, who was 29 when offered that money, took it. He ain't getting any younger

He should've stayed in Detroit. But now hes gone, unless the wings sign him to an ahl contract, hes not worth bringing back. Him and his agents egos were bigger than his playing ability. A successful babcock product benefiting off of zetterbergs world class talent. Good for them trying to make money off a good amateur and 1st nhl season. He was good enough to make a quick buck, but not good enough to hang.

Edited by CMatt89

Yeahhhh.

I don't see us claiming him just because of our depth, and the fact that we have pulks and mantha(who they're trying to groom in short order down there) we just can't pay his cap hit for stuff we have in spades.

We'll he's an expiring so there's no cap hit beyond this season.

Edited by Number19

He should've stayed in Detroit. But now hes gone, unless the wings sign him to an ahl contract, hes not worth bringing back. Him and his agents egos were bigger than his playing ability. A successful babcock product benefiting off of zetterbergs world class talent. Good for them trying to make money off a good amateur and 1st nhl season. He was good enough to make a quick buck, but not good enough to hang.

That's not an option, with a waiver claim we would be picking up his existing contract of 1 year 2.5 million (though the cap hit would be about 30% of that).

I'm pretty sure if we put a claim in, we get him over the Pens because they are above us in the standings. Though, im not 100% sure how the new CBA works in regards to this.

Not that it really matters given that Brunner went unclaimed, but waiver priority is based on who has the lowest percentage of possible points in the standings at the time of the claim.

He thought the grass was greener in NJ but it was just spray painted.

I think he thought he would get a big contract in free agency cause his agent was that of parise and suter as well and the wings went ahead and spent up to the cap and he had to take what he could, money money money... Money. Too bad he did t stay in Detroit and develop into a top six winger.

I think he thought he would get a big contract in free agency cause his agent was that of parise and suter as well and the wings went ahead and spent up to the cap and he had to take what he could, money money money... Money. Too bad he did t stay in Detroit and develop into a top six winger.

Who would be less developed now if Brunner had been here? Jurco?

Guest Playmaker

If I recall correctly, it was more about his feeling that he was a top 6 Winger. I'm not so sure he would not have suffered the same fate had he signed with the Wings. I think he did the Wings a favor. He was small, horrible defensively and didn't have the best work ethic. I don't hold any ill will towards him. He was a decent player for a short period of time, but I don't know as though he was *that* good. He was still in the Swiss leagues in his mid 20's when he was discovered by the Wings. He gambled and the cards didn't go his way. I don't think playing in the KHL or the Swiss league again would be the worst thing to happen to a person.