• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Devils sign Brunner 2 yrs. $2.5 million AAV

Rate this topic

Sammy and or Cleary plus a high round pick for him? Won't get it done.

Sadly.

It's not unreasonable to think Sammy could have his four goals and three assists if he had the same ice time as Brunner, but he also gives a lot more defensive and physical play.

It's not unreasonable to think Sammy could have his four goals and three assists if he had the same ice time as Brunner, but he also gives a lot more defensive and physical play.

I guess you count a couple pushes and maybe a rabbit punch to a guys chest as physical play. Other than that Sammy brings no impact full physical play.

That's a darn good goal, I like that he kept working at it rather than taking a whack at the puck and then circling back toward center ice. Hard work goals aren't usually his bag, but it is cool to see him make it look pretty at the end.

Good work kid!

That's a darn good goal, I like that he kept working at it rather than taking a whack at the puck and then circling back toward center ice. Hard work goals aren't usually his bag, but it is cool to see him make it look pretty at the end.

Good work kid!

Fun to watch but not a good goal. Sens have every right to be mad about that. You are not allowed to take a ax chopping motion on a stick as of a couple years ago. He should be sitting for 2 minutes. Like clearing the puck over the glass this should be a automatic call.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26353

Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.
Edited by Smite

Cowen dropped his stick, and by the look of it, did so to try and get the call. The initial chop definitely loosened things up, but then Cowen looked to me to sort of fling his stick away and raise his arms. I can see why the Sens are pissed, and if it happened to a Wings player I might be equally upset, but like Mickey says, hold onto your stick!

Guest Praying Mantha

Would we even have a good spot for him , now? I don't think so.

Nope. Too slow. Too soft.

Brunner had success here and he is a right handed shot which the Wings are missing, hence I believe the post was made; Brunner could of stayed, but did not as thought the ice was smoother on the other side, yet in reality, it was slush, and now he is on the outside looking in, tongue and cheek; irony....

Brunner had success here and he is a right handed shot which the Wings are missing, hence I believe the post was made; Brunner could of stayed, but did not as thought the ice was smoother on the other side, yet in reality, it was slush, and now he is on the outside looking in, tongue and cheek; irony....

I know it's true but I'll - in most cases - won#t cheer for anyone on the cusp of losing his lifelong dream of being an NHL player. His agent did a really poor job here,he should have used his connections around the league to get a feeling for Brunner's market value and then decide to return !

Any chance the wings could claim him and assign to GR?

Pretty sure he would have to remain on the wings roster for 30 days, then pass through waivers again to go down to GR. However, if the wings are able to claim him, that means 20 or so teams didn't.