• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Devils sign Brunner 2 yrs. $2.5 million AAV

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I'd take alfie over all of those players every day of the week.

I am huge Nyquist and tatar fan but saying you would take three unproven players over a bubble hall of famer? Your hockey team would be in dire straights.

I'll give you the sammy jab, but devaluing Alfie is absurd.

You can keep your modano and Alfie and over 40 team. Enjoy one decent year and then having no one. I'll take A take a team with a really good balance of youth and experience. Not having Alfie Sammy and cleary and having Tatar Nyquist and Brunner helps us RIGHT NOW and in the future.

Youre being to short sighted.

The best we could've done this year with NO TRADES.

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

Franzen Weiss Nyquist or Brunner

Tatar Anderson Nyquist or Brunner

Eaves emmerton(helm IF healthy) tuzzi

Still lacking size but we are anyways with the crap we do have. This allows us to see what Tatar and Nyquist can give us. It allows us to see if they can be stars or not instead they're hurried in the minors.

And only an idiot would say "Alfie gives us more leadership". HOW MUCH EXERPEINCE AND LEADERSHIP DO WE ALL READY HAVE?!?!?!? HOW WILL TATAR AND NYQYIST GET MORE EXPERIENCE THAT THE NEED?!?!? wish people would think....end rant.

Wow, you showed him.

Anyway, I hope the Red Wings get a trade (Samuelsson, et. al.) done in time to bring him back. PTO's don't lock him into the team, right? He'll have to negotiate another contract if he wants to play in a regular season game, yeah?

Correct, as stated before, there's no contract tied to a tryout in the NHL. Unlike the AHL where an actual tryout contract exists & gives the player 25 games (I think) to earn a full contract after that, a player on a PTO in the NHL actually has no obligation to the team nor the team to him.

Guest ForzaVerde

You can keep your modano and Alfie and over 40 team. Enjoy one decent year and then having no one. I'll take A take a team with a really good balance of youth and experience. Not having Alfie Sammy and cleary and having Tatar Nyquist and Brunner helps us RIGHT NOW and in the future.

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

Still lacking size but we are anyways with the crap we do have. This allows us to see what Tatar and Nyquist can give us. It allows us to see if they can be stars or not instead they're hurried in the minors.

And only an idiot would say "Alfie gives us more leadership". HOW MUCH EXERPEINCE AND LEADERSHIP DO WE ALL READY HAVE?!?!?!? HOW WILL TATAR AND NYQYIST GET MORE EXPERIENCE THAT THE NEED?!?!? wish people would think....end rant.

Were you not around for last season? Injuries is the simple answer you seek. The difference this year is we wont have to call Kent Huskins.

I liked Brunner. He had some deficiencies, but he gave the Red Wings something they severely lacked. A goal-scoring winger that wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and he provided an excellent secondary scoring threat on that third line in the playoffs.

I think/hope Nyquist and Tatar can pick up the slack. Just unfortunate there's so much dead weight on the team that keeping Brunner wasn't more feasible.

This all day.

I like Brunner. I was upset when he walked. But, honestly, I'd rather have Tatar. Brunner may be a stud in Europeland, and he was good for us, but Tatar's the reigning playoff MVP at the AHL level, and he's insanely driven right now, with a big ol' chip on his shoulder.

And, yeah, Weiss's hard-nosed two-way play over Flip's dolphiny one-way two-way play.

http://youtu.be/CY-mEpLhso0?t=2m30s

Guest DeGraa55

Were you not around for last season? Injuries is the simple answer you seek. The difference this year is we wont have to call Kent Huskins.

Injuries don't bring Brunner back. And its sad people have to pray for injuries to our useless old guys in order for a few young guys to get play time.

Nothing wrong with having 2-3 rookies on your team ESPECIALLY during the cap era.

I'd rather have him than Cleary, Eaves/Miller and Samuelsson combined. Instead of spending cap space money on those useless plugs, we could have a good right handed shooter with some level of upside.

He did act greedy, but the Wings should have realized he adds more to the team than those guys.

I'd rather have him than Cleary, Eaves/Miller and Samuelsson combined. Instead of spending cap space money on those useless plugs, we could have a good right handed shooter with some level of upside.

He did act greedy, but the Wings should have realized he adds more to the team than those guys.

Aside from Cleary those guys were already signed nothing you can do about that. And the only reason Cleary got signed was cause he took a huge paycut to cone back

Aside from Cleary those guys were already signed nothing you can do about that. And the only reason Cleary got signed was cause he took a huge paycut to cone back

Didn't we sign Miller this offseason?

As for Samuelsson, his situation, much like Cleary's is entirely Holland's fault. Poor decision making from the GM has resulted in unnecessary players clogging the roster, while a good young player with a great shot, like Brunner, is now gone.

Guest mjtm77

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

Alfie is going to surprise you my friend. leave Modano out of this. Alfie can still play.

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

1. That's fine. We'll keep the team that signed an over 40 Modano and Alfredsson. You're more than welcome to cheer for someone else.

2. Actually, an idiot would say "And only an idiot would say 'Alfie gives us more leadership'," because Alfie does give us more leadership. He was the captain in Ottawa for like 13 seasons. It is a true statement. Whether the Wings needed more leadership or not, he provides more. There's nothing idiotic about truth.

3. Just because people don't think the way you do does not mean they are not thinking.

Guest DeGraa55

Alfie is going to surprise you my friend. leave Modano out of this. Alfie can still play.

I never said he couldn't play. But Tatar or Nyquist can gibe you the production he does. And at some point a few young guys deserve to be given an opportunity. We keep trotting out the same old team but expect better results as players decline. Its great.

Why is anyone bent over the Alfredsson signing? He's a good player.

Because given hollands track record his next two signings will be howe and yzerman.

We don't know Tatar and Nyquist can deliver. We hope and expect they can. Look, I'll miss Brunner as much as anyone. He has skill and the desire to improve. But Tatar is more well rounded than Brunner and equally driven. While it'd be nice to have two young scoring wingers, it's just not in the cards.

Point is, Alfredsson is quality insurance in case Tatar doesn't develop. Consider Tatar to be Brunner 2.0 and Alfredsson to be icing on the cake.

Tatar is the key to the season, I think. If he explodes we will do fine. If not, our offense hasn't improved much over last year.

We don't know Tatar and Nyquist can deliver. We hope and expect they can. Look, I'll miss Brunner as much as anyone. He has skill and the desire to improve. But Tatar is more well rounded than Brunner and equally driven. While it'd be nice to have two young scoring wingers, it's just not in the cards.

Point is, Alfredsson is quality insurance in case Tatar doesn't develop. Consider Tatar to be Brunner 2.0 and Alfredsson to be icing on the cake.

Tatar is the key to the season, I think. If he explodes we will do fine. If not, our offense hasn't improved much over last year.

Personally, I think if a 22 year old with 25 games of experience who will be fighting for time in the bottom six is the key to the season, it's going to be a long season for the Wings. In my own opinion, it's the continued development of the Wings defense & production from a much improved 2nd line that are the keys.

Personally, I think if a 22 year old with 25 games of experience who will be fighting for time in the bottom six is the key to the season, it's going to be a long season for the Wings. In my own opinion, it's the continued development of the Wings defense & production from a much improved 2nd line that are the keys.

agreed. also, if tatar doesn't explode, our offense is still improved assumming weiss and alfie contribute.

D and Z being on the same line all year could be huge as well imo.

Guest ForzaVerde

I never said he couldn't play. But Tatar or Nyquist can gibe you the production he does. And at some point a few young guys deserve to be given an opportunity. We keep trotting out the same old team but expect better results as players decline. Its great.

Because given hollands track record his next two signings will be howe and yzerman.

Im in agreement that Holland's past moves with Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson were poor decisions. But Modano is an incomplete at worst, as he got freakishly hurt off the bat. And Alfredsson is a one year deal, so what's the harm in that?

Im in agreement that Holland's past moves with Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson were poor decisions. But Modano is an incomplete at worst, as he got freakishly hurt off the bat. And Alfredsson is a one year deal, so what's the harm in that?

Holmstrom signing was never a mistake

I am not sure I get your point, are you saying Holland should have given Brunner a contract that NO ONE else would have or wants to, because he is better than those 4 combined?

Holland offered Brunner longer term and more $$ than anyone else(that has been report/rumored), he turned it down.

Is what you are saying is the Wings' should have upped their offer to get Brunner? Even though he was asking for apparently way more than he deserved?

Should they have given him 4 years $14m and promised him a top 6 role?

What I gather from your post is that it is Holland's fault they do not have Brunner, even though he does not kill penalties like Eaves and Miller, and is not willing to play on the 3rd or 4th line like Cleary, Eaves, Miller, and Sammy.

My take, Brunner (more so his agent) put him in this spot, he should have taken the 3 years at 2.5 (rumored offering) and worked is way into the top 6. He had a great start to a shortened year, and played well in the post season, he should have continued to build on that. Instead he though he found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, turned out to be a bowl of shiny turds!

Guest DeGraa55

He is taking a roster spot in the top 6 which I feel Nyquist earned after last year. And Tatar deserves a spot on the third line. But right now we got three forwards to many? 2 while helm is hurt?

Also Holland could of tried a year deal of 3.5m on Brunner?

Instead he just signs players to just sign players. Miller, Sammy(last year)and Alfie really didnt make a whole lot of sense....now cola made sense cause of the question marks with our defense but why did he give him a two year deal?

Holland is stuck in his loyal mindset that signing old declining players year after year will improve this team.....it doesn't...

Eh, excuse me?

Holmstrom signing was never a mistake

Thank you!