• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I unfollowed him on twitter. I only follow Wings players.

And because I'm a *****.

You don't want to play for the best team in the history of the whole world (this is a proven fact, not opinion)? Fine. Enjoy your top 6 spot on a bottom feeder!

Wow, you showed him.

Anyway, I hope the Red Wings get a trade (Samuelsson, et. al.) done in time to bring him back.  PTO's don't lock him into the team, right?  He'll have to negotiate another contract if he wants to play in a regular season game, yeah?

Edited by _SP_, 17 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#22 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wow, you showed him.

Did the intentional ridiculousness of my post not translate?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Tatar > Brunner.  Weiss > Filppula.  Cleary = Cleary.  Alfie is icing on the cake.

This all day.

I like Brunner. I was upset when he walked. But, honestly, I'd rather have Tatar. Brunner may be a stud in Europeland, and he was good for us, but Tatar's the reigning playoff MVP at the AHL level, and he's insanely driven right now, with a big ol' chip on his shoulder.

And, yeah, Weiss's hard-nosed two-way play over Flip's dolphiny one-way two-way play.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I just have to chuckle at these quotes from Patrik Elias talking about how great Brunner looks in practice and how he's the second coming of Petr Sykora.  Everybody loves Brunner until he gives the puck to the other team for an odd-man rush.  I heard Darko Milicic use to shoot the lights out in practice for the Pistons, too.

I'm kidding, obviously.  Brunner is talented and I wish him well playing for the Devils and their dozen horrible mid-level contracts they've handed out in lieu of one gigantic one to Ilya Kovalchuk.

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

I just have to chuckle at these quotes from Patrik Elias talking about how great Brunner looks in practice and how he's the second coming of Petr Sykora.  Everybody loves Brunner until he gives the puck to the other team for an odd-man rush.  I heard Darko Milicic use to shoot the lights out in practice for the Pistons, too.

I'm kidding, obviously.  Brunner is talented and I wish him well playing for the Devils and their dozen horrible mid-level contracts they've handed out in lieu of one gigantic one to Ilya Kovalchuk.

I feel bad for the 300 fans that had to watch their fall from greatness

#26 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'd take alfie over all of those players every day of the week.

I am huge Nyquist and tatar fan but saying you would take three unproven players over a bubble hall of famer? Your hockey team would be in dire straights. 

I'll give you the sammy jab, but devaluing Alfie is absurd.

You can keep your modano and Alfie and over 40 team. Enjoy one decent year and then having no one. I'll take A take a team with a really good balance of youth and experience. Not having Alfie Sammy and cleary and having Tatar Nyquist and Brunner helps us RIGHT NOW and in the future.

Youre being to short sighted.

The best we could've done this year with NO TRADES.

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby
Franzen Weiss Nyquist or Brunner
Tatar Anderson Nyquist or Brunner
Eaves emmerton(helm IF healthy) tuzzi

Still lacking size but we are anyways with the crap we do have. This allows us to see what Tatar and Nyquist can give us. It allows us to see if they can be stars or not instead they're hurried in the minors.

And only an idiot would say "Alfie gives us more leadership". HOW MUCH EXERPEINCE AND LEADERSHIP DO WE ALL READY HAVE?!?!?!? HOW WILL TATAR AND NYQYIST GET MORE EXPERIENCE THAT THE NEED?!?!? wish people would think....end rant.

#27 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Wow, you showed him.

Anyway, I hope the Red Wings get a trade (Samuelsson, et. al.) done in time to bring him back.  PTO's don't lock him into the team, right?  He'll have to negotiate another contract if he wants to play in a regular season game, yeah?

Correct, as stated before, there's no contract tied to a tryout in the NHL.  Unlike the AHL where an actual tryout contract exists & gives the player 25 games (I think) to earn a full contract after that, a player on a PTO in the NHL actually has no obligation to the team nor the team to him.  

#28 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

You can keep your modano and Alfie and over 40 team. Enjoy one decent year and then having no one. I'll take A take a team with a really good balance of youth and experience. Not having Alfie Sammy and cleary and having Tatar Nyquist and Brunner helps us RIGHT NOW and in the future.

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

Still lacking size but we are anyways with the crap we do have. This allows us to see what Tatar and Nyquist can give us. It allows us to see if they can be stars or not instead they're hurried in the minors.

And only an idiot would say "Alfie gives us more leadership". HOW MUCH EXERPEINCE AND LEADERSHIP DO WE ALL READY HAVE?!?!?!? HOW WILL TATAR AND NYQYIST GET MORE EXPERIENCE THAT THE NEED?!?!? wish people would think....end rant.

Were you not around for last season? Injuries is the simple answer you seek. The difference this year is we wont have to call Kent Huskins.

#29 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I liked Brunner. He had some deficiencies, but he gave the Red Wings something they severely lacked. A goal-scoring winger that wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and he provided an excellent secondary scoring threat on that third line in the playoffs.

I think/hope Nyquist and Tatar can pick up the slack. Just unfortunate there's so much dead weight on the team that keeping Brunner wasn't more feasible. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

This all day.

I like Brunner. I was upset when he walked. But, honestly, I'd rather have Tatar. Brunner may be a stud in Europeland, and he was good for us, but Tatar's the reigning playoff MVP at the AHL level, and he's insanely driven right now, with a big ol' chip on his shoulder.

And, yeah, Weiss's hard-nosed two-way play over Flip's dolphiny one-way two-way play.

http://youtu.be/CY-mEpLhso0?t=2m30s

#31 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Were you not around for last season? Injuries is the simple answer you seek. The difference this year is we wont have to call Kent Huskins.

Injuries don't bring Brunner back. And its sad people have to pray for injuries to our useless old guys in order for a few young guys to get play time.

Nothing wrong with having 2-3 rookies on your team ESPECIALLY during the cap era.

#32 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

i hope we can get him back one day

http://devils.nhl.co...682906&navid=DL|NJD|home

My wish: A healthy roster

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'd rather have him than Cleary, Eaves/Miller and Samuelsson combined.  Instead of spending cap space money on those useless plugs, we could have a good right handed shooter with some level of upside.  

He did act greedy, but the Wings should have realized he adds more to the team than those guys.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'd rather have him than Cleary, Eaves/Miller and Samuelsson combined.  Instead of spending cap space money on those useless plugs, we could have a good right handed shooter with some level of upside.  

He did act greedy, but the Wings should have realized he adds more to the team than those guys.   

Aside from Cleary those guys were already signed nothing you can do about that. And the only reason Cleary got signed was cause he took a huge paycut to cone back

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Aside from Cleary those guys were already signed nothing you can do about that. And the only reason Cleary got signed was cause he took a huge paycut to cone back

Didn't we sign Miller this offseason?  

As for Samuelsson, his situation, much like Cleary's is entirely Holland's fault.  Poor decision making from the GM has resulted in unnecessary players clogging the roster, while a good young player with a great shot, like Brunner, is now gone.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

Alfie is going to surprise you my friend. leave Modano out of this. Alfie can still play.

Posted Image

#37 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Would be a team like:

Z DAT Abby

1. That's fine.  We'll keep the team that signed an over 40 Modano and Alfredsson.  You're more than welcome to cheer for someone else.

2.  Actually, an idiot would say "And only an idiot would say 'Alfie gives us more leadership'," because Alfie does give us more leadership.  He was the captain in Ottawa for like 13 seasons.  It is a true statement.  Whether the Wings needed more leadership or not, he provides more.  There's nothing idiotic about truth.

3.  Just because people don't think the way you do does not mean they are not thinking.

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

just throwing this out there, but Tasdamien Devil...

#39 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Why is anyone bent over the Alfredsson signing? He's a good player.

#40 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Alfie is going to surprise you my friend. leave Modano out of this. Alfie can still play.

I never said he couldn't play. But Tatar or Nyquist can gibe you the production he does. And at some point a few young guys deserve to be given an opportunity. We keep trotting out the same old team but expect better results as players decline. Its great.

Why is anyone bent over the Alfredsson signing? He's a good player.

Because given hollands track record his next two signings will be howe and yzerman.