68 replies to this topic

#1 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Article

This happened during the summer development camp, and while I understand that the kids have to try and show what they can bring to the team, I don't think fighting between teammates is a way to do that, especially when one ends up injured.

Posted Image

#2 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

Article

This happened during the summer development camp, and while I understand that the kids have to try and show what they can bring to the team, I don't think fighting between teammates is a way to do that, especially when one ends up injured.

Extremely stupid move from Little Bert to do that to a fellow prospect.  That said, Jensen should have known better than to engage too.

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Did anybody see this scrap?  I'm curious if it was even anything to talk about except the fact Jensen got hurt.  It's his shoulder, so it's not like TyBert smashed his face in.

Edited by rrasco, 17 September 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#4 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Did anybody see this scrap?  I'm curious if it was even anything to talk about except the fact Jensen got hurt.  It's his shoulder, so it's not like TyBert smashed his face in.

Can't link to it from work but it's on youtube.  Just search bertuzzi jensen & it's the first vid that will pop up.  Jensen was the one to drop the gloves first actually, responsing to some slashing, pushing, cross checking, & chirping from Little Bert. 

#5 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Was a very heated scrap. Bertuzzi agitated the hell out of Jensen, which obvi led to the fight.

Hard for me to be mad at lil Bert though. His job is to get under opponents skin and scrap from time to time, and he did just that. How can he prove himself he doesn't do what it is that he excels at.

#6 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Was a very heated scrap. Bertuzzi agitated the hell out of Jensen, which obvi led to the fight.

Hard for me to be mad at lil Bert though. His job is to get under opponents skin and scrap from time to time, and he did just that. How can he prove himself he doesn't do what it is that he excels at.

agreed. yea, it sucks that an injury occurred but lil bert was just doing what every other prospect at camp was doing; trying to show what he could bring to the team in the future. I'm sure he didn't intend to injure jensen

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#7 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Glad someone posted the video of the scrap, because certain online "reporters" had been making out like bad little Bertuzzi and his bad fighting was the sole reason Jensen was injured!

Yes Malik. You.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#8 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Glad someone posted the video of the scrap, because certain online "reporters" had been making out like bad little Bertuzzi and his bad fighting was the sole reason Jensen was injured!

Yes Malik. You.

Exactly.  Jensen could have easlily just fired back with a "Seriously, you're trying to start s*** at a prospects camp?" and skated away, but he dropped the gloves instead.  He has as much if not more culpability for this as Little Bert.  Still, not a good move by Tyler to stir things up like that in camp which is probably why he got a talking to from Uncle Bert.

#9 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes Malik. You.

Yeah, no s***.

Plus, watching the video, this is pretty much all on Jensen anyway.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zrbh4QUA428

Edited by sleepwalker, 17 September 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I remember this happening a bit ago. Heard he got some talkings after the incident. Tyler was doing his job and was excelling at it. Like others have stated, Jensen could've skated away like any other player in the same situation. You need to learn to hold your emotions in, even when you're getting chirped at. It's apart of the game baby.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Never like this pick, seemed like a poor move by Holland and co. Glad its paying dividends.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#12 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Never like this pick, seemed like a poor move by Holland and co. Glad its paying dividends.

Glad to see you didn't actually watch what happened. Tyler did nothing wrong, just defended himself.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#13 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Glad to see you didn't actually watch what happened. Tyler did nothing wrong, just defended himself.

I saw what happened, he slashed, cross checked and talked s*** to a fellow red wings prospect, then after he got the reaction he wanted proceeded to injure him. 

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#14 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

then after he got the reaction he wanted proceeded to injure him. 

:clap:

Good one.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#15 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I saw what happened, he slashed, cross checked and talked s*** to a fellow red wings prospect, then after he got the reaction he wanted proceeded to injure him. 

Yeah, totally went for the injury. Spot on.

Edit: Jensen learned the hard way. You don't respond to an agitator. That's what Probies and Kocurs r for.

Edited by number9, 17 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#16 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Oh, please...

The blind hatred some people have for anyone associated with Todd is absurd.

You obviously didn't see what happened.  Jensen started by punching young Bert in the face a couple times.  Bert didn't do anything back except talk some smack.  Then Bert gave Jensen a very minor shove/crosscheck near the net a few moments later and Jensen immediately dropped the gloves and started wailing.

#17 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Back in the early 90's when the Wings had training camp here and Flint we saw Konstantinov and Primeau go at it something fierce. Glad ro see prospects go at it

#18 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I saw what happened, he slashed, cross checked and talked s*** to a fellow red wings prospect, then after he got the reaction he wanted proceeded to injure him

lol really??? smh

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#19 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Was anyone here talking like they knew what happened actually there in person? No? Well, I was there with the wife and a friend of ours. We made the trip up to TC for this (my apologies for not posting about it back then). Have pics as well (but not of the fight).

The video linked above doesn`t show what lead up to the fight. It shows just prior to it when Jensen was already pissed. Little Bert was cross checking the hell out of Jensen, chirping, and just downright pestering Jensen every time they got near each other in that little practice game they had down at the one end of the ice. Jensen had had enough of it and the melee ensued. What originally was the spark and by whom? We all won`t know for sure but it was quite obvious that Tyler had something against Jensen for whatever reason and kept crosschecking Jensen in the back and pushing him, etc. I don`t blame Jensen one bit. I would have have start beating on Tyler myself if he had done it to me. I love the competitive spirit of Tyler but that went too far for a prospect camp.

#20 MyAnklesBend

MyAnklesBend

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I rarely post here, but felt the need for this. I'm not sure if many of you regularly see competitive hockey tryouts or camps, but fighting is quite common. Being on the same team(which i don't even think they are yet) and it being a "prospect camp" has nothing to do with it. In this case it's just unfortunate that an injury occurred.