• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Jensen out till December/January after fight with Tyler Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Funny thing about the younger Bertuzzi is that he's actually got a very nice skill set (good skater, passer etc.) He's just so hung-up on agitating and fighting and being a tough guy. It'll be interesting to see how he's' brought along and what his all-around maturation will mean for his game.

Guest ForzaVerde

So if we bring up an enforcer, we should expect him to KO a few teammates each training camp because "that's what he does"?? Aggitating is not some highly prized skill we need someone to showcase. It's probably the LEAST valueable thing the Red Wings need, and I bet that's why Tootoo doesnt get much PT here. There's a big difference between playing physical + being defensively responsible (Datsyuk/Helm) and being a pest to play against but someone the other team can score on (Tootoo). I want the Wings to be more physical, but seeing them bicker and fight in practice with each other doesnt accomplish that. "Well, he's a police officer. So you cant blame him for arresting his kids for not eating their vegetables." "Well, he was brought in here to kill termites. So we cant blame him for poisoning our dogs." The "that's what he does argument" makes me laugh.

Making sweeping generalizations based upon the very small but vocal minority always makes one sound intelligent. ALWAYS!

Oh I'm sorry. This was really directed towards a few people but in the past we have been warned for using certain posters names in posts which could be seen as personal attacks.

I apologize for not being more specific, but I really want to avoid calling anyone out and getting in trouble. Hence, the general statement.

So if we bring up an enforcer, we should expect him to KO a few teammates each training camp because "that's what he does"?? Aggitating is not some highly prized skill we need someone to showcase. It's probably the LEAST valueable thing the Red Wings need, and I bet that's why Tootoo doesnt get much PT here. There's a big difference between playing physical + being defensively responsible (Datsyuk/Helm) and being a pest to play against but someone the other team can score on (Tootoo). I want the Wings to be more physical, but seeing them bicker and fight in practice with each other doesnt accomplish that. "Well, he's a police officer. So you cant blame him for arresting his kids for not eating their vegetables." "Well, he was brought in here to kill termites. So we cant blame him for poisoning our dogs." The "that's what he does argument" makes me laugh.

these guys are not team mates, they are fighting for a spot.

Guest ForzaVerde

these guys are not team mates, they are fighting for a spot.

It looks like they both have the same logo on their jerseys in the fight clip. Organizationmates, if you will, then.

Please! Injuries happen. Fellow Red Wings prospect, really? These guys are fighting for a limited number of spots. They are not team mates and they dont give a s*** about being drafted by the same organization till they make the team, nor should they. 1-0 Tyler Bertuzzi.

Given that they play different positions & Jensen already has his spot i.e. an entry level contract and is on the 50 man roster, I wouldn't really say this was about both of them flighting for a limited number of spots. I still do think that the term "boneheaded" applies to both of them in this situation.

Guest ForzaVerde

Given that they play different positions & Jensen already has his spot i.e. an entry level contract and is on the 50 man roster, I wouldn't really say this was about both of them flighting for a limited number of spots. I still do think that the term "boneheaded" applies to both of them in this situation.

Well said. Both made a stupid decision to fight. But why is there any agitating going on in a scrimmage.

Regardless of whether you thought he was too aggressive, he did not start the fight. He did not attempt to injury anyone. All he did was chirp and push Jensen around. If anything this incident should be demerit on Jensen.

Forza is correct. What, now goons have free reign to beat the s*** out of everyone in camp? I can see it now: Babs - Hey Mantha, our goons are, well, goons and they do goon things like beat the s*** out of people? You ok with getting the snot knocked outta ya? You are? Great! I knew there was a reason we drafted ya!! :P

And btw, Tyler did more than just "chirp and push". He crosschecked the hell out of Jensen`s back, head and arms a few dozen times on top of the rest of the physical and verbal sparring. Were you there to see the entire episode? You ever get crosschecked by a hockey stick? I don`t blame Jensen one bit for drawing a line and showing he wasn`t going to take it anymore.

If you want to get technical, they were both at fault but it was Tyler that harassed Jensen over and over. Why? Dunno. Maybe Jensen beat him on a play and Tyler got embarrassed. Either way, the injury is proof as to why we don`t need it in camp. Of course there will be a little roughhousing but what happens when we draft the "next one" and we let our goons be, well goons, and the great promise of a great career is suddenly halted or even stopped? I`d rather be cautious and prevent any possible injuries in the first place.

Guest ForzaVerde

You brought 2 fire engines and sprayed down the whole house because the guy turned on his bbq?

"We're firemen. Hello? That's what we do."

If this was Sproul or Ouelette, I'm certain we'd all think alike.

Forza is correct. What, now goons have free reign to beat the s*** out of everyone in camp? I can see it now: Babs - Hey Mantha, our goons are, well, goons and they do goon things like beat the s*** out of people? You ok with getting the snot knocked outta ya? You are? Great! I knew there was a reason we drafted ya!! :P

And btw, Tyler did more than just "chirp and push". He crosschecked the hell out of Jensen`s back, head and arms a few dozen times on top of the rest of the physical and verbal sparring. Were you there to see the entire episode? You ever get crosschecked by a hockey stick? I don`t blame Jensen one bit for drawing a line and showing he wasn`t going to take it anymore.

If you want to get technical, they were both at fault but it was Tyler that harassed Jensen over and over. Why? Dunno. Maybe Jensen beat him on a play and Tyler got embarrassed. Either way, the injury is proof as to why we don`t need it in camp. Of course there will be a little roughhousing but what happens when we draft the "next one" and we let our goons be, well goons, and the great promise of a great career is suddenly halted or even stopped? I`d rather be cautious and prevent any possible injuries in the first place.

Nice strawman.

Do you really think anyone here believes "goons" should have "free reign" at prospect camp? Or were you just exaggerating my argument? I'll assume the later.

Fighting at prospect camp is an obvious negative for the team, and I don't support it. I also don't support dangerous hits, or plays of that nature, that can easily lead to injury at prospect camp. However, I do support chirping and all the other rough stuff at camp.

My point was that Tuzzi is an agitator. That's how he plays hockey. I don't think any coach would ever tell a player, even at prospect camp, "Hey, don't do your job out there. Don't play your style of game. Don't give everything you've got." From what I saw Bertuzzi ran his mouth, played his in your face style, and threw a few cross-checks. All of which are part of the game. He didn't make a dangerous play or even initiate the fight. I think as an "agitating forward" (not a goon) he's well within his right to play as such.

I respect Jensen for not putting up with it, and dropping the gloves to try and give lil bert a spanking, but ultimately the decision to fight was his. You chirp back, match his roughness, beat him on a play, but you don't fight at a prospect camp.

Nice strawman.

Do you really think anyone here believes "goons" should have "free reign" at prospect camp? Or were you just exaggerating my argument? I'll assume the later.

Fighting at prospect camp is an obvious negative for the team, and I don't support it. I also don't support dangerous hits, or plays of that nature, that can easily lead to injury at prospect camp. However, I do support chirping and all the other rough stuff at camp.

My point was that Tuzzi is an agitator. That's how he plays hockey. I don't think any coach would ever tell a player, even at prospect camp, "Hey, don't do your job out there. Don't play your style of game. Don't give everything you've got." From what I saw Bertuzzi ran his mouth, played his in your face style, and threw a few cross-checks. All of which are part of the game. He didn't make a dangerous play or even initiate the fight. I think as an "agitating forward" (not a goon) he's well within his right to play as such.

I respect Jensen for not putting up with it, and dropping the gloves to try and give lil bert a spanking, but ultimately the decision to fight was his. You chirp back, match his roughness, beat him on a play, but you don't fight at a prospect camp.

Strawman lol.

The beginning of the post was towards what a few posters above had said. I quoted you because you said "All he did was chirp and push Jensen around". No, Tyler did more than that. A good bit more. I was there and saw it go down. Tyler went a little bit farther than he should have for whatever reason. Tyler also has a skill side to him. His knock on him is that he concentrates too much on the "agitator" part. He should be "showcasing" his other talents in camp if he wants to impress the coaches.

With that said, I`m pulling for Tyler. I hope he makes the team in a few years. I love Bert and hope his nephew follows in his footsteps.

Guest ForzaVerde

neither are signed to a pro contract, so again-no!

Nicj Jensen signed an entry level contract in May with Detroit, just so you are aware.

Guest ForzaVerde

ok, got me there, but I dont think Tyler signed yet.

Cool cool. I see your point. The kids need to scrap and fight for their spots. But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

Cool cool. I see your point. The kids need to scrap and fight for their spots. But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

Source? Or are you just speculating?

ok, got me there, but I dont think Tyler signed yet.

BS. Have you been paying attention to how this team's farm system works?

But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

No, the reason he isn't in "the serious doghouse" right now is because he did exactly what he is supposed to do...agitate the opposing player to the point they lose their cool and end up taking a penalty.

Guest ForzaVerde

Source? Or are you just speculating?

Source for sourcing me? Where's your source, #9?

Are you kidding me? Do people really do that here? How annoying.

If the Detroit Red Wings didn't want people to fight or chirp in camp, I'm willing to bet they would let the youngsters know. It's part of the game and so are peculiar injuries. "Oh well."

Im not saying Bert isnt allowed to do it. My point is that agitation ability isnt something we need or utilize. Go to the flyers or play golf with Michael Jordan. We need scoring and size. Bertuzzi lacks both. Edited by ForzaVerde