• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Jensen out till December/January after fight with Tyler Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Source for sourcing me? Where's your source, #9?

Are you kidding me? Do people really do that here? How annoying.

Im not saying Bert isnt allowed to do it. My point is that agitation ability isnt something we need or utilize. Go to the flyers or play golf with Michael Jordan. We need scoring and size. Bertuzzi lacks both.

Ur statement about Bert not being in the doghouse bc Jensen isn't a top prospect is completely unfounded and frankly bad. First, you have no idea if Bert is in the doghouse or not, or why. and 2nd Jensen is very much a top defensive prospect. He won best defensemen in his league last year for a reason.

Guest ForzaVerde

Ur statement about Bert not being in the doghouse bc Jensen isn't a top prospect is completely unfounded and frankly bad. First, you have no idea if Bert is in the doghouse or not, or why. and 2nd Jensen is very much a top defensive prospect. He won best defensemen in his league last year for a reason.

Then just say that. Why the lame "source?" remark? We can debate without that. I obviously was not reporting for channel 3 news. I just believe all the wings fans on here wpuld be PISSED at Lil Bert if it was Sproul or Ouelette that had gotten dinged up.

Then just say that. Why the lame "source?" remark? We can debate without that. I obviously was not reporting for channel 3 news. I just believe all the wings fans on here wpuld be PISSED at Lil Bert if it was Sproul or Ouelette that had gotten dinged up.

You didn't say LGW would be pissed, you said Bert WOULD be in the doghouse if it were Ouellet or Sproul. And I dunno why u think Sproul and Ouellet r that special. Sure they're top prospects, but that doesn't mean they get special treatment.

DId this happen in the NHL? No? Really? Then I don't care. Let me know when the kids make it to the bigs.

Yep.

Although I think Holland will keep a closer eye on these two in the future because of this. Some of these kids don't leave the kiddie stuff behind when they make the jump. I think the Wings have an extremely low tolerance for it by the time you're on the potential call ups list.

Guest ForzaVerde

You didn't say LGW would be pissed, you said Bert WOULD be in the doghouse if it were Ouellet or Sproul. And I dunno why u think Sproul and Ouellet r that special. Sure they're top prospects, but that doesn't mean they get special treatment.

Either way. It's what I said. I didnt use any quotes, allude to any references, or give any appearance that the thoughts/ideas I stated weren't my own. So why the "source?" comment? Ditch that, already. Super non-relevant and super distracting.

And you're not excited abput Sproul & Ouelette? They are getting a lot of pub and a very good rep.

Either way. It's what I said. I didnt use any quotes, allude to any references, or give any appearance that the thoughts/ideas I stated weren't my own. So why the "source?" comment? Ditch that, already. Super non-relevant and super distracting.

And you're not excited abput Sproul & Ouelette? They are getting a lot of pub and a very good rep.

Didn't say I wasn't excited about them. I'm just excited about Jensen too. They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen. Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys. Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment. This isn't Yzerman we're talking about.

If you make statements like that without an "IMO" I'll ask for a source every time. Don't really care if you don't like it.

Didn't say I wasn't excited about them. I'm just excited about Jensen too. They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen. Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys. Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment. This isn't Yzerman we're talking about.

If you make statements like that without an "IMO" I'll ask for a source every time. Don't really care if you don't like it.

No, yzerman was a forward. Sproul and ouellet are defensemen. Maybe you meant lidstrom? Either way babs is very excited about them and thinks they are nhl ready

Guest ForzaVerde

They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen.

Source? You didnt say IMO. Sooooo, Source?

Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys.

How do you know? Source? Again, no IMO. Source?

Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment.

Source? Where are you getting your facts on who deserves special treatment and who doesnt? I would like to see a Source.

I hope the mods on this site have intollerance for unwarranted source requests and issue warnings and proceed with consequences to the posters who distract the discussions with this nonsense. It's irritating.

Back to Lil Bert. Is he good at agitating? Obviously. Do we need that? No. Jensen doesnt need to be agitated or have his patience tested by players wearing the same crest he has on. He will get that from opponents enough times.

I hope the mods on this site have intollerance for unwarranted source requests and issue warnings and proceed with consequences to the posters who distract the discussions with this nonsense. It's irritating.

Back to Lil Bert. Is he good at agitating? Obviously. Do we need that? No. Jensen doesnt need to be agitated or have his patience tested by players wearing the same crest he has on. He will get that from opponents enough times.

Bertuzzi was showing what he brings, that's why he was signed, it's what's expected of him. And to your source comment, people generally prefer a source if your going to say something as if it were fact, that's just the way it is, or else just state it's your personal opinion, simple as that.

If the Detroit Red Wings didn't want people to fight or chirp in camp, I'm willing to bet they would let the youngsters know. It's part of the game and so are peculiar injuries. "Oh well."

According to reports, they did let the kids know. This was a prospect development camp, not a pre-season were guys are fighting for roster spots. The same reports said the coaches let Nephtuzzi know he was in the wrong.

They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/ , http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/detroit_red_wings/

Out of the 25 top prospects on RedWingsCentral, Sproul is ranked #6, Ouellet ranked #8, and Jensen is ranked #13. Jensen's not that far at all. Sproul and Ouellet have also fallen slightly on the prospect rankings recently, while Jensen has been shooting up the list. Again, there's a reason why Jensen won the equivalent of the Norris trophy in his league last year.

How about another source? on Hockey's Future Sproul and Ouellet are given an identical talent score rating of 7.0 and an identical probability of success grade of C. Jensen is given a talent score of 6.5 and probability of grade of C. Again, not that far off from them at all.

Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys.

Frankly none of our prospects are un-tradeable. We don't have any Dumba's, Reilly's, Reinhart's, Murray's, or Trouba's in our system. Especially with the current state of things, I don't think even guys like Nyquist are untouchable. There's a reason that when trade threads pop up on here people typically include guys like Mrazek (despite him being ranked as our #2 prospect) in trade ideas. He actually has value, but isn't the caliber - at least yet - of a Hall, Larsson, or Fowler type prospect that is almost immediately ready for NHL. Those guys are untouchable bonafide future leaders of their franchises.

Take a look at Hockey's Future again and look at a guy like Ryan Murray. #2 overall pick by the Jackets, but not a guy that immediately jumped to NHL so he's still a prospect. He's a ranked at a talent level of 8.0 and probability of success grade of B. That's a full point ahead of Sproul and Ouellet in both categories. That's the kind of guy that's approaching untouchable status. (IMO I wouldn't say even he is absolutely 100% untradeable, though I doubt it's very likely)

If the great one can be traded, anyone can be traded.

Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment.

It's well known that our entire farm system is full of boom or busters. It lacks blue chip prospects but also lacks bad prospects. So why would anyone in particular get special treatment? Detroit is known for the exact opposite of coddling it's prospects as well. We force ALL our prospects down - including the Tatars and Nyquists of the world - and make them go above and beyond to earn a spot.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a guy like Jarnkrok or Mantha bust, only to have a guy like Tvrdon (ranked #19) make the team one day.

Why would we not need that? In fact that's the one thing we're missing - the physical, gritty, agitating side of the game. Sure we need a top line Sniper as well. But those are very hard to come by, and we have a ton of depth scoring to make up for it. The team is loaded with soft type players, so I think it's good to start adding some nastyness to compliment them.

Take a look at this years draft. We selected a lot of physical, gritty, and pk type guys. Namely: Nastasiuk, Bertuzzi, Pope, Wheaton, McNulty. IMO that show's that Holland thinks he's got a good possible future core locked up in the likes Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Frk, Jarnkrok, Mantha, Ferraro, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, Athanasiou, and Tvrdon. Now he's adding players with a knack for the physical side of the game to round out that future scoring core.

I think people on this site have a much bigger pet peeve for unsourced statements my friend.

Guest ForzaVerde

I can see that you got my point.

Jensen is behind Sproul and Ouelette in development, despite being older. The defensemen ladder for the Wings has Sproul and Ouelette on higher rungs, correspondingly. I like Jensen. I was in no way trying to knock him. I was just saying that his injury is not going to draw as much ire from people like an injury to Sproul or Ouelette would have.

Ouellet and Sproul not being untradeable is pretty common sense. Their arguably some of our most tradeable assets. And Jensen being a top defensive prospect is also pretty common sense. He's ranked as such and just won WCHA defensemen of the year.

"The only reason Bert isn't in the doghouse is because it wasn't Sproul or Ouellet" isn't exactly a commonly known fact.

I can see that you got my point.

Jensen is behind Sproul and Ouelette in development, despite being older. The defensemen ladder for the Wings has Sproul and Ouelette on higher rungs, correspondingly. I like Jensen. I was in no way trying to knock him. I was just saying that his injury is not going to draw as much ire from people like an injury to Sproul or Ouelette would have.

The ladder I was referring to is currently looks like this at defense.

1. Sproul

2. Backman

3. Ouellet

4. Jensen

5. Marchenko

6. Almqvist

7. Nicastro

Of course Almqvist will rise up that list after the pre-season, but I would group Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Jensen, and Marchenko all together as our top D prospects. All have played outstanding in their respective leagues. Jensen's older because he was in the NCAA, which also arguably a tougher league.

Guest ForzaVerde

Ouellet and Sproul not being untradeable is pretty common sense. Their arguably some of our most tradeable assets. And Jensen being a top defensive prospect is also pretty common sense. He's ranked as such and just won WCHA defensemen of the year.

"The only reason Bert isn't in the doghouse is because it wasn't Sproul or Ouellet" isn't exactly a commonly known fact.

The ladder I was referring to is currently looks like this at defense.

1. Sproul

2. Backman

3. Ouellet

4. Jensen

5. Marchenko

6. Almqvist

7. Nicastro

Of course Almqvist will rise up that list after the pre-season, but I would group Sproul, Ouellet, Backman, Jensen, and Marchenko all together as our top D prospects. All have played outstanding in their respective leagues. Jensen's older because he was in the NCAA, which also arguably a tougher league.

Kronwall

Quincey

Ericsson

Smith

Dekeyser

Kindl

Lashoff

Almquist

Ouelette

Sproul

Thats our top 10.

Exactly. Jensen could have easlily just fired back with a "Seriously, you're trying to start s*** at a prospects camp?" and skated away, but he dropped the gloves instead. He has as much if not more culpability for this as Little Bert. Still, not a good move by Tyler to stir things up like that in camp which is probably why he got a talking to from Uncle Bert.

From what I could see in the video, Jensen took an unnecessary, minor crosscheck to the back from Bertuzzi. Then, Jensen crosschecks him above Wing (jerking Bertuzzi's neck), pushes Bertuzzi in the face while Tyler is fixing his helmet, and then pushes him again in the chest/belly. Play continues and Bertuzzi is riding Jensen as he is heading towards the net. Jensen crosses the crease and Bertuzzi pushes him in the back after he enters the crease (which he very well should do, Jensen essentially ran over the goalie).

Jensen gets up, drops his gloves, throws the first couple of punches, they both exchange a few others, and Bertuzzi gets yanked to the ground, tries to regain his balance, and the fight is broken up.

If Jensen got injured, it was his own fault. He initiated the fight and was as much an instigator during the whole scene as Bertuzzi was. Sucks, but Bertuzzi shouldn't be getting blamed.

Wow... whiny, much?

You wasted, what, five posts arguing over what a simple "IMO" would have solved? Welcome to LGW, where people back up their claims with sources or explain their line of thinking.