• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

It looks like they both have the same logo on their jerseys in the fight clip. Organizationmates, if you will, then.

neither are signed to a pro contract, so again-no!
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#42 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

neither are signed to a pro contract, so again-no!

Nicj Jensen signed an entry level contract in May with Detroit, just so you are aware.

#43 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Nicj Jensen signed an entry level contract in May with Detroit, just so you are aware.

ok, got me there, but I dont think Tyler signed yet.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#44 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yup Tyler still trying to get signed. Makes sense.

#45 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Cool cool. I see your point. The kids need to scrap and fight for their spots. But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

#46 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Cool cool. I see your point. The kids need to scrap and fight for their spots. But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

Source? Or are you just speculating?

#47 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

If the Detroit Red Wings didn't want people to fight or chirp in camp, I'm willing to bet they would let the youngsters know.  It's part of the game and so are peculiar injuries.  "Oh well."

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#48 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

BS. Have you been paying attention to how this team's farm system works?

#49 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

But the only reason Bertuzzi isnt in the serious doghouse right now is because it was Jensen and not a more highly touted prospect.

No, the reason he isn't in "the serious doghouse" right now is because he did exactly what he is supposed to do...agitate the opposing player to the point they lose their cool and end up taking a penalty.

#50 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Source? Or are you just speculating?

Source for sourcing me? Where's your source, #9?

Are you kidding me? Do people really do that here? How annoying.

If the Detroit Red Wings didn't want people to fight or chirp in camp, I'm willing to bet they would let the youngsters know.  It's part of the game and so are peculiar injuries.  "Oh well."

Im not saying Bert isnt allowed to do it. My point is that agitation ability isnt something we need or utilize. Go to the flyers or play golf with Michael Jordan. We need scoring and size. Bertuzzi lacks both.

Edited by ForzaVerde, 19 September 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#51 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Source for sourcing me? Where's your source, #9?

Are you kidding me? Do people really do that here? How annoying.
Im not saying Bert isnt allowed to do it. My point is that agitation ability isnt something we need or utilize. Go to the flyers or play golf with Michael Jordan. We need scoring and size. Bertuzzi lacks both.

Ur statement about Bert not being in the doghouse bc Jensen isn't a top prospect is completely unfounded and frankly bad. First, you have no idea if Bert is in the doghouse or not, or why. and 2nd Jensen is very much a top defensive prospect. He won best defensemen in his league last year for a reason.

#52 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

DId this happen in the NHL? No? Really? Then I don't care. Let me know when the kids make it to the bigs.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#53 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Ur statement about Bert not being in the doghouse bc Jensen isn't a top prospect is completely unfounded and frankly bad. First, you have no idea if Bert is in the doghouse or not, or why. and 2nd Jensen is very much a top defensive prospect. He won best defensemen in his league last year for a reason.

Then just say that. Why the lame "source?" remark? We can debate without that. I obviously was not reporting for channel 3 news. I just believe all the wings fans on here wpuld be PISSED at Lil Bert if it was Sproul or Ouelette that had gotten dinged up.

#54 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Then just say that. Why the lame "source?" remark? We can debate without that. I obviously was not reporting for channel 3 news. I just believe all the wings fans on here wpuld be PISSED at Lil Bert if it was Sproul or Ouelette that had gotten dinged up.

You didn't say LGW would be pissed, you said Bert WOULD be in the doghouse if it were Ouellet or Sproul. And I dunno why u think Sproul and Ouellet r that special. Sure they're top prospects, but that doesn't mean they get special treatment.

#55 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

DId this happen in the NHL? No? Really? Then I don't care. Let me know when the kids make it to the bigs.

Yep.

Although I think Holland will keep a closer eye on these two in the future because of this. Some of these kids don't leave the kiddie stuff behind when they make the jump. I think the Wings have an extremely low tolerance for it by the time you're on the potential call ups list.

#56 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

You didn't say LGW would be pissed, you said Bert WOULD be in the doghouse if it were Ouellet or Sproul. And I dunno why u think Sproul and Ouellet r that special. Sure they're top prospects, but that doesn't mean they get special treatment.

Either way. It's what I said. I didnt use any quotes, allude to any references, or give any appearance that the thoughts/ideas I stated weren't my own. So why the "source?" comment? Ditch that, already. Super non-relevant and super distracting.

And you're not excited abput Sproul & Ouelette? They are getting a lot of pub and a very good rep.

#57 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Either way. It's what I said. I didnt use any quotes, allude to any references, or give any appearance that the thoughts/ideas I stated weren't my own. So why the "source?" comment? Ditch that, already. Super non-relevant and super distracting.

And you're not excited abput Sproul & Ouelette? They are getting a lot of pub and a very good rep.

Didn't say I wasn't excited about them. I'm just excited about Jensen too. They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen. Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys. Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment. This isn't Yzerman we're talking about.

If you make statements like that without an "IMO" I'll ask for a source every time. Don't really care if you don't like it.

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Didn't say I wasn't excited about them. I'm just excited about Jensen too. They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen. Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys. Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment. This isn't Yzerman we're talking about.

If you make statements like that without an "IMO" I'll ask for a source every time. Don't really care if you don't like it.

No, yzerman was a forward. Sproul and ouellet are defensemen. Maybe you meant lidstrom? Either way babs is very excited about them and thinks they are nhl ready

#59 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

They're better right now, but It's not like they're miles ahead of Jensen.

Source? You didnt say IMO. Sooooo, Source?

Sproul and Ouellet are not un-tradeable, untouchable guys.

How do you know? Source? Again, no IMO. Source?

Great prospects, but in no way does that warrant special treatment.

Source? Where are you getting your facts on who deserves special treatment and who doesnt? I would like to see a Source.

I hope the mods on this site have intollerance for unwarranted source requests and issue warnings and proceed with consequences to the posters who distract the discussions with this nonsense. It's irritating.

Back to Lil Bert. Is he good at agitating? Obviously. Do we need that? No. Jensen doesnt need to be agitated or have his patience tested by players wearing the same crest he has on. He will get that from opponents enough times.

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

I hope the mods on this site have intollerance for unwarranted source requests and issue warnings and proceed with consequences to the posters who distract the discussions with this nonsense. It's irritating.

Back to Lil Bert. Is he good at agitating? Obviously. Do we need that? No. Jensen doesnt need to be agitated or have his patience tested by players wearing the same crest he has on. He will get that from opponents enough times.

Bertuzzi was showing what he brings, that's why he was signed, it's what's expected of him. And to your source comment, people generally prefer a source if your going to say something as if it were fact, that's just the way it is, or else just state it's your personal opinion, simple as that.