• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

NHL enforcing uniform rule from 1964

Rate this topic

I really don't agree with this at all. I don't remember any players getting injured cause player "x" had his jersey tucked in... also if they are playing and their jersey comes up how is it their fault... I can see a player on a breakaway after he has been "warned" about his equipment showing getting screwed off his breakaway cause his shirt came up after he took a hit along the boards before the breakway. This rule really has no benefit, aside from just controlling what players choose to do.

Guest ForzaVerde

I really don't agree with this at all. I don't remember any players getting injured cause player "x" had his jersey tucked in... also if they are playing and their jersey comes up how is it their fault... I can see a player on a breakaway after he has been "warned" about his equipment showing getting screwed off his breakaway cause his shirt came up after he took a hit along the boards before the breakway. This rule really has no benefit, aside from just controlling what players choose to do.

The greatest player ever tucked his jersey. Interesting. I really dont care either way.

I don't care about whether or not they can tuck in jerseys either, I think it is dumb they are starting to enforce a 60 year old rule, which will solve absolutely nothing and inevitably only slow down the game, thanks again NHL for enforcing stupid rules, and not actually focusing on anything hockey related, like stricter rules and punishment for illegal hits, mind you they did spend ALL SUMMER figurng out how to re-word the illegal hit rule...

I understand to the extent of having the fighting strap secured as part of uniform requirement, or chin strap snapped into place.

But the jersey tuck, this is what's keeping the NHL higher-ups awake at night? This has been a prime concern lately worth resolving? Give me a break. Revisit the important stuff and stop with the trivial, pointless nonsense.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

I understand to the extent of having the fighting strap secured as part of uniform requirement, or chin strap snapped into place.

But the jersey tuck, this is what's keeping the NHL higher-ups awake at night? This has been a prime concern lately worth resolving? Give me a break. Revisit the important stuff and stop with the trivial, pointless nonsense.

But how will our players look all spiffy if mid game they have their equipment showing, and if there's a photo ok it will just be disgraceful, what with their jerseys tucked in. I hope they make the rule players seen't allowed to sweat within the last 5 minutes of any given period, as fans shouldn't have to see that on tv. We want people to think playing in the nhl is as effortless as Washing your car.

What about mouthguards? Can they still chew them like puppies or can other players rip them out of their mouths if they do?

I agree that it looks better to have the jersey untucked, but really? It's not worth penalizing anyone over.

Mouthgaurds being ripped out is fine, only because it makes magic refs appear from nowhere

I understand to the extent of having the fighting strap secured as part of uniform requirement

That's actually what I thought this thread was going to be about. I was just thinking about that a month or two ago.

Just a couple/few years ago, the NHL was handing out violations for players who didn't tie down their fight strap, but now since a lot of the young star players started saying f*** it and not tying their straps down any more, it seems the NHL has just decided to stop enforcing it.

Every story seems to latch on to the part about the jersey tuck, but it's really an entire list of jersey requirements.

Some of it I'm guessing is aesthetics to keep the league from looking sloppy. Some of it is minor protection, like your jersey having to go down to the cuff of your gloves. And the rest is probably about advertisers. In the explanation they make note of only having logos of league approved equipment visible.

I can't really see this being enforced during key parts of a game unless a player continually and intentionally breaks the rule. We'll see I guess.

Here's a photo with the explanation of the rules.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/files/2013/09/2013-14_RuleChanges_Page_2.jpg

In a league where it's already hard enough to differentiate your players that are on the ice you think anything to set them apart would be encouraged really.

You think a guy like Ovechkin tucking his jersey, making him instantly recognizable on the ice, would actually be a positive thing.

Edited by StayClassy

Every story seems to latch on to the part about the jersey tuck, but it's really an entire list of jersey requirements.

Some of it I'm guessing is aesthetics to keep the league from looking sloppy. Some of it is minor protection, like your jersey having to go down to the cuff of your gloves. And the rest is probably about advertisers. In the explanation they make note of only having logos of league approved equipment visible.

I can't really see this being enforced during key parts of a game unless a player continually and intentionally breaks the rule. We'll see I guess.

Here's a photo with the explanation of the rules.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/files/2013/09/2013-14_RuleChanges_Page_2.jpg

I know that the rule has other requirements as well I just think the aesthetic parts of the rule are ridiculous

I'm surprised no one has anticipated where this may be going. This year, force them to wear their jersey's untucked. Next year... allow advertising below the bottom seam of the jersey. I bet this is a foreshadowing of advertising to come.

An advertiser is going to be pissed if they pay to have a product or company logo on a jersey and then the players are allowed to hide the advertising because that's how the player prefers wear his sweater.

I'm surprised no one has anticipated where this may be going. This year, force them to wear their jersey's untucked. Next year... allow advertising below the bottom seam of the jersey. I bet this is a foreshadowing of advertising to come.

An advertiser is going to be pissed if they pay to have a product or company logo on a jersey and then the players are allowed to hide the advertising because that's how the player prefers wear his sweater.

People are definitely speculating that's the real reason behind it. I'm trying to save my outrage until it sounds like it might happen. :P

Guest ForzaVerde

Im ok with advertising on jerseys. It makes no difference. Coca Cola sounds lke a good fit for us.

Semin was given a delay of game penalty tonight against the Jackets. Had his jersey tucked in.

I wonder if enough players voiced out against it, if the NHLPA has any room to bring an appeal to the League about it...

Semin was given a delay of game penalty tonight against the Jackets. Had his jersey tucked in.

I wonder if enough players voiced out against it, if the NHLPA has any room to bring an appeal to the League about it...

Seriously. :glare: I think they should all skate out there with their jerseys tucked in... then what?