• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

It's funny how advertisers think that putting there logo all over the place makes people rush out and buy their products.

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

It's funny how advertisers think that putting there logo all over the place makes people rush out and buy their products.

I know right, I suddenly have the urge to order a Russian bride though....

#23 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Semin was given a delay of game penalty tonight against the Jackets. Had his jersey tucked in.

I wonder if enough players voiced out against it, if the NHLPA has any room to bring an appeal to the League about it...

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#24 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Semin was given a delay of game penalty tonight against the Jackets. Had his jersey tucked in.

I wonder if enough players voiced out against it, if the NHLPA has any room to bring an appeal to the League about it...

Seriously.   :glare:    I think they should all skate out there with their jerseys tucked in... then what?

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Seriously.   :glare:    I think they should all skate out there with their jerseys tucked in... then what?

Delay of game penalty for evryone... thus delaying the game... oh god it's an infinite loop

#26 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Delay of game penalty for evryone... thus delaying the game... oh god it's an infinite loop

The NHLPA needs to call a "Waste of Time" penalty on the league. This is a lame rule already.

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

I tried explaining to a casual fan of hockey how jersey tucking is infinitely more dangerous than, say, body checking, or, say, skating on ice, or, say, falling on ice, or, say, not wearing a visor, or, say, shooting a puck, or, say, being a goalie, or, say, being a referee, or, say, sitting on the bench (pucks get shot there all the time), or, say, sitting in the stands near ice-level (falling pucks). I also tried explaining how jersey tucking is equally as dangerous (2-minute minor) as slashing (2-minute minor), tripping (2-minute minor), cross-checking (2-minute minor), high-sticking (2-minute minor), etc.

It left me wondering one thing: if blood is drawn, by a tucked-in jersey, is it four minutes in the box?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I tried explaining to a casual fan of hockey how jersey tucking is infinitely more dangerous than, say, body checking, or, say, skating on ice, or, say, falling on ice, or, say, not wearing a visor, or, say, shooting a puck, or, say, being a goalie, or, say, being a referee, or, say, sitting on the bench (pucks get shot there all the time), or, say, sitting in the stands near ice-level (falling pucks). I also tried explaining how jersey tucking is equally as dangerous (2-minute minor) as slashing (2-minute minor), tripping (2-minute minor), cross-checking (2-minute minor), high-sticking (2-minute minor), etc.

It left me wondering one thing: if blood is drawn, by a tucked-in jersey, is it four minutes in the box?

Only if it goes over the glass or happens in the last five minutes of play (unless you're a star player) or if you're in the trapezoid or if the official had the intent to blow.

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

- I was just reflecting on the time that guy got injured because of that tucked-in jersey. Remember that?

- It's Game 7 of the SCF. Tie game, with 1:45 to go in regulation. A player clearly has a tucked-in jersey. He's already been warned once; he gets called (because, damn it, The League is serious about this. Mmkay?) Team scores on the PP. Game over. Everyone in the freaking world hears about it. This is good for the game.

- What if it's not clear? Would there be video review?

- Don't officials tuck in their sweaters? Why is this ok? What if, when two players are being separated from a brawl, one player accidentally trips on the official's tucked-in jersey and breaks his neck? Then what?

Edited by Dabura, 19 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

- I was just reflecting on the time that guy got injured because of that tucked-in jersey. Remember that?

- It's Game 7 of the SCF. Tie game, with 1:45 to go in regulation. A player cleary has a tucked-in jersey. He's already been warned once; he gets called (because, damn it, The League is serious about this. Mmkay?) Team scores on the PP. Game over. Everyone in the freaking world hears about it. This is good for the game.

- Don't officials tuck in their sweaters? Why is this ok? What if, when two players are being separated from a brawl, one player accidentally trips on the official's tucked-in jersey and breaks his neck? Then what?

Delay of game for the ref?

#31 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Only if it goes over the glass or happens in the last five minutes of play (unless you're a star player) or if you're in the trapezoid or if the official had the intent to blow.

In my experience, most officials don't deliberately intend to blow, they just do.  Except for this guy maybe.  I think he blows on purpose.

ref.jpg

#32 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

- It's Game 7 of the SCF. Tie game, with 1:45 to go in regulation. A player clearly has a tucked-in jersey. He's already been warned once; he gets called (because, damn it, The League is serious about this. Mmkay?) Team scores on the PP. Game over. Everyone in the freaking world hears about it. This is good for the game.

There's a new 10 minute major for tucking that goes to guys like the killer in Silence of the Lambs. Ha!

I think this rule is ridiculous, as well.

#33 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Tuck your shirt in now, you are in church!

Kids rejoice!!!!
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

"This was a GM's initiative," NHL senior vice-president of hockey operations Kris King said. "Some of them [general managers] came to us last year and said they didn't like where it was going."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's probably LESS to do with advertising than people think (i.e. not the first step in a process that leads to sponsors on the back of jerseys), but more to do with brand presentation. *Note - Tried to find a promo/press pic of Ovie but they were all of him in game* However in all these sorts of photoshoot pics, what's the one thing you notice about the player in questions jersey? If you, as an organisation, are trying to sell your brand then the last thing you want is your marquee player, the face of your franchise, obscuring part of their jersey (in this case, their number) when he is on TV or going to be snapped for the net or the papers. All arranged photos seem to have players with untucked jerseys it seems.

Not surprising this seemed to come at the request of GMs.

Edited by Wing Across The Pond, 21 September 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

It's probably LESS to do with advertising than people think (i.e. not the first step in a process that leads to sponsors on the back of jerseys), but more to do with brand presentation. *Note - Tried to find a promo/press pic of Ovie but they were all of him in game* However in all these sorts of photoshoot pics, what's the one thing you notice about the player in questions jersey? If you, as an organisation, are trying to sell your brand then the last thing you want is your marquee player, the face of your franchise, obscuring part of their jersey (in this case, their number) when he is on TV or going to be snapped for the net or the papers. All arranged photos seem to have players with untucked jerseys it seems.

Not surprising this seemed to come at the request of GMs.

Yup. Although I'm not sure there's a big difference between "advertising" and "brand presentation" in this case (or in any case, really).

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Heaven forbid those sweaty, bleeding guys with fresh stitches smiling through missing teeth should look disheveled. 

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Heaven forbid those sweaty, bleeding guys with fresh stitches smiling through missing teeth should look disheveled. 

Eureka! You're absolutely right. We need to ban sweating and bleeding, anyone who sweats or bleeds gets a 5 minute major!

#39 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yup. Although I'm not sure there's a big difference between "advertising" and "brand presentation" in this case (or in any case, really).

Truuuuue dat. Although I guess I meant 'brand' more like, selling jerseys to fans (personalised ones worth more preferably), rather than ad space to companies. But yeah not really any difference. It's all the about the image

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Is there anything in the rule about straps and such?

Don't Toews me, bro!