• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Pulkkinen Scheduled for Hearing

Rate this topic

If Pulkkinen gets suspended, it will be for regular-season games. I'm pretty sure that means he has to be on the RW roster at the time. Further complicating the need to get down to 23 bodies by the season opener. Unless they have a slew of injuries, I'd say Nyquist is now pretty well guaranteed to be heading down, and the Wings will have to waive/trade two guys, not one (plus put Helm on LTIR), in order to keep Pulkkinen on the roster through his suspension.

It means he will serve his suspension while he is on the NHL roster, it doesn't mean he has to be on the roster at any point in time. Just like with the Smith suspension, they will send him up/down based on roster availability etc to allow him to serve his suspension. It basically means he can't play NHL games until he's been on the NHL roster for X number of games suspended. No requirements to be on said roster.

It means he will serve his suspension while he is on the NHL roster, it doesn't mean he has to be on the roster at any point in time. Just like with the Smith suspension, they will send him up/down based on roster availability etc to allow him to serve his suspension. It basically means he can't play NHL games until he's been on the NHL roster for X number of games suspended. No requirements to be on said roster.

Thanks for clarifying that.

That hit is a joke compared to this one that got no supplemental action:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=682786&navid=nhl:topheads

Not to mention that hit that gets no extra penalty looks equivalent to about 3 or 4 last year that all got suspensions. I like that they are going the direction of not penalizing someone because other guy isn't keeping his head up, but you have to be consistent year to year unless you specifically make a rule change.

That hit is a joke compared to this one that got no supplemental action:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=682786&navid=nhl:topheads

Not to mention that hit that gets no extra penalty looks equivalent to about 3 or 4 last year that all got suspensions. I like that they are going the direction of not penalizing someone because other guy isn't keeping his head up, but you have to be consistent year to year unless you specifically make a rule change.

I agree with you about the league's inconsistency but the Nolan hit is a bad example. Pulkinnen's hit was from behind that sent a player flying headfirst into the boards.

Nolan's involved the head but made solid body contact, which is key, plus his skates stayed on the ice and he kept his elbow tucked. It was a textbook example of a legal hit that contacts the head. The explanation video even refers back to an almost identical hit by Weber that they've used in player safety videos as an example of what's legal.

Simple rule is if you see the guy's name you don't hit him. That's all on Pulk.

Pulk will get hammered because he's a rookie who has no shot at making the NHL out of camp and they can say see we do want to stop those hits. Then when a star does it or nobody is hurt they can make an excuse to let it go later in the year. What should happen is it's a suspension regardless of injury or player status, but we might as well wish that the government actually did what was right instead of what's best for themselves.

There is better video in this video (proof that we could have watched it). I thought it was kind of funny when Shanny says he has no suspension history because it was his first NHL shift. Anyone else ever suspended from their first shift?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=683255

He literally has played a grand total of 6 seconds in the NHL