• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lebrun can be very biased, just saying. He is knowledgeable, but some of the stuff he writes is just ridiculous

Biased how?  Toward Canadian teams, or certain players, or what?  I'd never suggest that he's not wrong from time to time, but I certainly don't get the impression that he has some axe to grind in favor of a particular team, conference, player, etc.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

If ESPN writers want me to read any more of their hockey articles, then they must cut down the tallest tree in the forest with... A HERRING!

#23 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Like Chicago, the Red Wings have done a good job drafting without the benefit of lottery picks, with Gustav Nyquist, Brendan Smith and Joakim Andersson playing key roles during Detroit's playoff run last spring. In the coming seasons, Babcock will have to make room for Tomas Tatar, Calle Jarnkrok and Teemu Pulkkinen. The signing of Danny DeKeyser was a boost to a defense that needed a young standout.

The article lost all credibility right there. Chicago has 2 lottery picks on there roster right now and three the last 10 years. That is nothing like the Red Wings.

Edited by GoalieManPat, 20 September 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Regular season he's been very consistent.  I think it's not unreasonable to say his play has been declining regarding playoffs though. 

Yes - Franzen consistently does not put forth 100% effort.

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

“Like Chicago, the Red Wings have done a good job drafting without the benefit of lottery picks"

*lol*  Because the Blackhawks didn't benefit from lottery pick charity... Let's pretend their last two Cups weren't won on the backs of their back-to-back 3rd overall and 1st overall draft picks (Toews/Kane).

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

This is the ESPN that created fodder for this: http://sports.yahoo....52767--nhl.html.

I'd say that says a lot about their hockey credibility, as if the comment about Chicago and the draft didn't already prove it.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

This is the ESPN that created fodder for this: http://sports.yahoo....52767--nhl.html.

I'd say that says a lot about their hockey credibility, as if the comment about Chicago and the draft didn't already prove it.

Oh god the last half of that voach list is absolutely atrocious
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#28 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh god the last half of that voach list is absolutely atrocious

Lol tell me about it. 2 coaches who haven't coached an NHL game above a coach with 11 years experience. Why even include the stat if you're going to ignore it? Also I take it they mean cups won as a head coach? Because I'm pretty sure McLellan and MacLean have cup rings. But that I can understand. But to say that someone with 5 years experience and no cups, or even Adam Oates with 1 (VERY SHORT) year and no cups, are in a better position, at this very minute, to bring success to their team than someone like Torts with 10+ years and has actually won a cup before (and now at a team that will expect to challenge no less) is ridiculous.

EDIT: What the...? Also noticed that Oates was 27-18-3 last year, whereas dead last, BOTTOM OF THE PILE, Ron Rolston has better numbers (31-15-11). Also missing Hartley's cup with the Avs in '01. That's going to sting... for both him and ESPN.

Edited by Wing Across The Pond, 21 September 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life