• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

So he was hurt in a fight in which he was baited into participating in because Fraser wouldn't leave him the hell alone, and to boot the refs didn't give Fraser an instigator. Shanny SHOULD do something, but probably won't happen.

http://www.mlive.com...ml#incart_river

#2 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Damn shame, he's looked good so far too.  Hope he steps into that kid the next go around.  I keep waiting for Kindl to figure out that he's huge.  Kinda like Jiri Fischer did. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#3 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Damn shame, he's looked good so far too.  Hope he steps into that kid the next go around.  I keep waiting for Kindl to figure out that he's huge.  Kinda like Jiri Fischer did. 

Fischer got his face busted up by Scott Thornton. I didnt like that much.

#4 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Fischer got his face busted up by Scott Thornton. I didnt like that much.

He also brutalized Scott Hartnell as well.  And I LOVED that very much.  What's that tough guy Scott?  Wanna fight a European and show how badass you are?  Right.  Scott Hartnell = Phoniest "tough guy" in the NHL. 

• Nev likes this

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#5 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

I heard Holland said it was nothing serious just them being cautious. I hope so...

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

It's preseason.

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Silly Jakub.  Defensemen aren't on the LTIR rotation. 

Seriously, I hope that it is just precautionary.  He's been improving, and I'd like to see it continue.

#8 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

[quote name="kipwinger" post="2437825" timestamp="1379645690"]

He also brutalized Scott Hartnell as well.  And I LOVED that very much.  What's that tough guy Scott?  Wanna fight a European and show how badass you are?  Right.  Scott Hartnell = Phoniest "tough guy" in the NHL. [/quote

Yah! I do respect Hartnell for manning up and taking his beating. That was class.]

#9 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

He also brutalized Scott Hartnell as well.  And I LOVED that very much.  What's that tough guy Scott?  Wanna fight a European and show how badass you are?  Right.  Scott Hartnell = Phoniest "tough guy" in the NHL. 

One of my favourite ever WIngs fights.

In other news - can our non-fighters please stop fighting?  Historically they've done a great job getting themselves injured in fights.  Kopecky, now Jensen and Kindl.  Even Lilja had his career effectively ended because Babcock goaded him into becoming a fighter.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#10 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

In other news - can our non-fighters please stop fighting?  Historically they've done a great job getting themselves injured in fights.  Kopecky, now Jensen and Kindl.  Even Lilja had his career effectively ended because Babcock goaded him into becoming a fighter.

Maybe we should get some real fighters.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#11 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

One of my favourite ever WIngs fights.

How about learning to defend yourself because you never know when someone is going to pick a fight.

#12 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

How about learning to defend yourself because you never know when someone is going to pick a fight.

Hire a boxing coach already. Geez