• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lfd250

Lidstrom will play in Winter Classic Alumni Game

Rate this topic

It'll be something related to the new arena I bet. Maybe something Winter Classic-related. But I don't think relations with Fedorov have improved this summer so I doubt it's his participation in the game.

And it can't be Lidstrom, because we don't have cap space. Sadly. I don't remember the last time they made a mysterious announcement. Strange.

Screw Fedorov he never wanted to be here any ways

The worst kept secret since the 2013 Winter Classic "announcement." Fans knew months before the official announcement it was going to be Detroit/Toronto. They act like it's the Red Wedding when in reality it's more like WikiLeaks.

Still, yay for The Perfect Human!

ZOMG! I just watched that episode last night. *still in shock*

They're moving training camp to Mt. Pleasant??? They canned the head of security at Centre Ice??? They're going to treat wheelchair bound people better???

Well, like someone else said, we can dream...

Well there are these little tidbits:

George Sipple @GeorgeSipple 38m

Holland said Sergei Fedorov is interested in playing in alumni game. It will depend on his his GM responsibilities in the KHL.

George Sipple @GeorgeSipple 40m

Ken Holland said he hasn't officially asked Steve Yzerman to be part of alumni game yet, but will.

Guest Playmaker

I don't know, I don't get the hoopla over the Alumni games. I don't really care if any of these guys participate or not. Last I heard, Yzerman had said he hadn't even had a pair of sakes on in like 3 years and this was a few years ago. He's the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, a division rival of the Wings. Stevie, Sergei and Shanny have all moved on to other things. Maybe the fans should too?

Guest midnightpulp

yzerman and shanahan not playing is understandable, but f*** that piece of s*** fedorov

I don't know, I don't get the hoopla over the Alumni games. I don't really care if any of these guys participate or not. Last I heard, Yzerman had said he hadn't even had a pair of sakes on in like 3 years and this was a few years ago. He's the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, a division rival of the Wings. Stevie, Sergei and Shanny have all moved on to other things. Maybe the fans should too?

Excuse me but they are all Wings alumni. Why wouldn't they be invited to participate, especially Yzerman? Why would it matter he's part of the Bolts organization? It would be whether or not he's able to participate.

Guest Playmaker

Excuse me but they are all Wings alumni. Why wouldn't they be invited to participate, especially Yzerman? Why would it matter he's part of the Bolts organization? It would be whether or not he's able to participate.

They can invite whoever they want. I just don't see why fans think this is some kind of special event that former players should feel some kind of obligation to attend. The "Winter Classic" is just a regular season game, created by Bettman and Company and any specialness to the game was totally destroyed by scheduling a gazillion other outdoor games. Alumni games go on all the time. I don't know why anyone would be excited or annoyed by anyone attending or not attending the event. I think when asked previously about the Winter Classic, Yzerman replied with something to the effect of I'm the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Looks like there's still a chance Steve and Sergei might also play. Sure hope so. How epic would that be? Would probably be more pumped for the Alumni game than the actual Winter Classic game LOL

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/09/red_wings_still_hoping_to_conv.html

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings