http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

#2 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Sad. He's a good player and deserves to have a job

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#3 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Don't understand how we can't find a job anywhere, given there are some very terrible Dmen in this league.

Can only assume he's being picky and doesn't want to go to Long Island.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

i have a good guess as to why. Ron Hainsey was in the same situation but got very lucky.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#5 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

yikes tough to be an undersized defenseman looking for a job

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wow sadly for him White has really fallen down the depth chart, hopefully he can find a job somewhere. There are lot worse defenders than him maybe his salary demands are too high ?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

That's too bad.  I liked him.  I even gave a hamster the middle name Ian, even though I've never been partial to the name.

Doubly sad that he was released by the Jets.  I hope he finds something, even if it's in another league.

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Let's not forget, he's got a bit of a mouth on him. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.

He'll find work, though. Because he's a pretty good defensemen, and even crappy defensemen are at a premium, it seems. It may just be that he'll have to wait for the injuries to set in.

(Watch, Holland brings him back. RECLAMATION PROJECT!!!1)

Edited by Dabura, 21 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

the KHL could be uh calling?

#10 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,502 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I like Ian.  He could come here and play for the Texas Stars and I would go see him.  :cheesy:   But I hope he finds a place in the NHL, if that's what he desires. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't fully understand how he could fall so quickly. He was a serviceable top 4 defenseman until last year, and all of a sudden he's an untouchable. Did he kill somebody's kitten?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Cleary told everyone not to hire him, his word is the law around the nhl

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

I don't fully understand how he could fall so quickly. He was a serviceable top 4 defenseman until last year, and all of a sudden he's an untouchable. Did he kill somebody's kitten?

He's small, rosters are small, the cap is small. Bad combo.

#14 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

poor white.. i'm sure he'll find a job somewhere tho when injuries inevitably occur. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#15 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Let's not forget, he's got a bit of a mouth on him. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.

He'll find work, though. Because he's a pretty good defensemen, and even crappy defensemen are at a premium, it seems. It may just be that he'll have to wait for the injuries to set in.

I bet he said something to Babcock he shouldn't have. I think you're right, Dabura. You bark at one of the best coaches in the NHL, you probably are going to find your butt in the KHL before too long.

#16 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I bet he said something to Babcock he shouldn't have. I think you're right, Dabura. You bark at one of the best coaches in the NHL, you probably are going to find your butt in the KHL before too long.

It's a shame, because he was actually pretty decent prior to last season. But then, anyone who's paired with Nick Lidstrom is gonna look pretty decent. Not saying he's not a good defenseman. Just, yeah.

He's a bit of a journeyman, isn't he? Been with a lot of NHL clubs, I think.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#17 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

You jest, but just wait till we get a couple of injuries on the back end :P

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#18 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

He was awfully loud about Babcock's decisions to not play him. If you search about him, you'll find articles about White being a complete locker room cancer with previous teams also. It just seems like he doesn't know how to just shut up and earn what you want. Some people just want the past to dictate the future in their lives. [Doing things previously and getting things done currently are not the same]

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#19 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

He was awfully loud about Babcock's decisions to not play him. If you search about him, you'll find articles about White being a complete locker room cancer with previous teams also. It just seems like he doesn't know how to just shut up and earn what you want. Some people just want the past to dictate the future in their lives. [Doing things previously and getting things done currently are not the same]

Exactly what i was thinking. Good points.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

I just don't get the lockerroom cancer stuff.  I've never heard anything legit about it regarding White.  Same goes for him having choice words for Babcock or being unprofessional about being benched. 

Did Babcock sit someone and got mad at them because they accepted being benched?  He's a seasoned vet and was honest about not liking and being benched and wanting to play.  But I never saw anything that reached the level of what you guys are talking about here.