• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wheelchairwing

Jets release Ian White

Rate this topic

Let's not forget, he's got a bit of a mouth on him. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.

He'll find work, though. Because he's a pretty good defensemen, and even crappy defensemen are at a premium, it seems. It may just be that he'll have to wait for the injuries to set in.

(Watch, Holland brings him back. RECLAMATION PROJECT!!!1)

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

I don't fully understand how he could fall so quickly. He was a serviceable top 4 defenseman until last year, and all of a sudden he's an untouchable. Did he kill somebody's kitten?

He's small, rosters are small, the cap is small. Bad combo.

Guest ForzaVerde

Let's not forget, he's got a bit of a mouth on him. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.

He'll find work, though. Because he's a pretty good defensemen, and even crappy defensemen are at a premium, it seems. It may just be that he'll have to wait for the injuries to set in.

(Watch, Holland brings him back. RECLAMATION PROJECT!!!1)

I bet he said something to Babcock he shouldn't have. I think you're right, Dabura. You bark at one of the best coaches in the NHL, you probably are going to find your butt in the KHL before too long.

I bet he said something to Babcock he shouldn't have. I think you're right, Dabura. You bark at one of the best coaches in the NHL, you probably are going to find your butt in the KHL before too long.

It's a shame, because he was actually pretty decent prior to last season. But then, anyone who's paired with Nick Lidstrom is gonna look pretty decent. Not saying he's not a good defenseman. Just, yeah.

He's a bit of a journeyman, isn't he? Been with a lot of NHL clubs, I think.

He was awfully loud about Babcock's decisions to not play him. If you search about him, you'll find articles about White being a complete locker room cancer with previous teams also. It just seems like he doesn't know how to just shut up and earn what you want. Some people just want the past to dictate the future in their lives. [Doing things previously and getting things done currently are not the same]

Guest ForzaVerde

He was awfully loud about Babcock's decisions to not play him. If you search about him, you'll find articles about White being a complete locker room cancer with previous teams also. It just seems like he doesn't know how to just shut up and earn what you want. Some people just want the past to dictate the future in their lives. [Doing things previously and getting things done currently are not the same]

Exactly what i was thinking. Good points.

I just don't get the lockerroom cancer stuff. I've never heard anything legit about it regarding White. Same goes for him having choice words for Babcock or being unprofessional about being benched.

Did Babcock sit someone and got mad at them because they accepted being benched? He's a seasoned vet and was honest about not liking and being benched and wanting to play. But I never saw anything that reached the level of what you guys are talking about here.

I just don't get the lockerroom cancer stuff. I've never heard anything legit about it regarding White. Same goes for him having choice words for Babcock or being unprofessional about being benched.

Did Babcock sit someone and got mad at them because they accepted being benched? He's a seasoned vet and was honest about not liking and being benched and wanting to play. But I never saw anything that reached the level of what you guys are talking about here.

I mean the locker room cancer things didn't just magically appear over night. He's been written about in books stating how much of a doucher he was. He thought he was the king bee and would talk down to other teammates, didn't think he had to show up on time, etc etc. Now, as always, these things can change over time as a person matures or just generally as they see fit. It seems like White wasn't up to his old antics during his time with the Wings franchise, but I think it's wrong to dismiss his previous incidents. As for him talking about getting sat, IIRC, he went off pretty bad at first but then re-buttled to make it sound like he was just simply frustrated. Ofcourse I can understand that he is frustrated that he wasn't playing and obviously felt like he deserved to be, anyone can agree with that motion. My problem, ofcourse, was the fact that he wanted to go to the media and talk about it. All he simply needed to say was, "i'll prove myself next time i'm in the lineup that I should remain there." Simple as that. Don't give the fans and media something to talk about, especially as a professional athlete. As towards conflicts between Babcock and White, that's simply speculative.

In the end, I always thought he was a servicable defensemen and didn't deserve the slack he got from time to time. It's hard playing hockey as a smaller figure, and even more harder while trying to play defense. Wasn't the best defender, but he could contribute from time to time. Unfortuantely, he just never got back on his feet after #5 left, IMHO.

I think it's just really bad to end up as a regular healthy scratch once your an established NHL player. I think it kind of almost black lists you. Every other team is going what happened there? There must be something wrong with him, on or off the ice. IMO, He's a decent player, but not outstanding enough, or big enough, for most teams to burn the cap on him that he probably wants.

I think the worst thing for his career was signing the length term he did with us. He came, played with Lids and did well, then as soon as Lids left he fell off. Kind of says he's been floating around to so many different teams for a reason and he only did well because of Lids.

Guest ForzaVerde

I think it's just really bad to end up as a regular healthy scratch once your an established NHL player. I think it kind of almost black lists you. Every other team is going what happened there? There must be something wrong with him, on or off the ice. IMO, He's a decent player, but not outstanding enough, or big enough, for most teams to burn the cap on him that he probably wants.

I think the worst thing for his career was signing the length term he did with us. He came, played with Lids and did well, then as soon as Lids left he fell off. Kind of says he's been floating around to so many different teams for a reason and he only did well because of Lids.

I think you're spot on here. White's true worth was exposed after Lids retired. Others make him better, but he doesn't necessarily make others better. Strange thing is that I didnt feel that way watching him play for San Jose.

I think you're spot on here. White's true worth was exposed after Lids retired. Others make him better, but he doesn't necessarily make others better. Strange thing is that I didnt feel that way watching him play for San Jose.

I don't think he fit in iur system very well. I liked him with Lids, they were good together, after that I thought he still be the same player, didn't happen. Oh well, I wonder if he can retire now on those millions he made?