• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Capitals to host 2015 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

The really sad thing is isn't there going to be an outdoor game at Dodger's Stadium this year or something? Complete joke. Baffling that Minnesota hasn't held an outdoor game yet imo.

ep, funny that they can barely keep the ice frozen inside and they want to do an outdoor game, but I digress...

Are they going to have 4 other winter classics in 2015 as well?

Phoenix? :lol: The really sad thing is isn't there going to be an outdoor game at Dodger's Stadium this year or something? Complete joke. Baffling that Minnesota hasn't held an outdoor game yet imo.
Or Denver???

Are they going to have 4 other winter classics in 2015 as well?

Or Denver???

Not counting Canadian cities they have the Heritage Classic lol

But yeah the Twin Cities, NYC and Denver come to mind first and foremost.

Like everyone is guessing Washington is more than likely playing the Pens maybe the Rags get in there but doubt it....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Saw this and was waiting for someone to start a thread. Total BS. State of hockey deserves it.

Its not total BS - its the nations capital, they haven't had a Winter Classic yet, and they have one of the games biggest stars.

When its announced that its against the Pens, then it'll be total BS.

Its not total BS - its the nations capital, they haven't had a Winter Classic yet, and they have one of the games biggest stars.

When its announced that its against the Pens, then it'll be total BS.

I guess it's not total BS. With Washington being the national capital ok sure and having one of the games bigger stars ok sure again. My argument is if it is the Caps vs the Pens again why? We've already seen it. Let's get some other teams in for the Winter classic whether you like them or not. I know Bettman and co. probably are all about tv ratings on this so highly unlikely but still...

Why not... NJD v. NYR? NYI v. NYR? BOS v. MTL? PIT v. PHI? DET v. PIT? DET v. COL? DET v. OTT? BUF v. PHI? MINN v. DET? All of those would make more sense to me.

Tor v. MTL and CGY v. EDM would also be good, but I feel like they would lose a ton viewership on those bc there both between Canadian teams and a lot of Americans wouldn't watch.

I also think anything involving ANH, LA, or SJ would be good bc they're all very competitive teams, they have an in state rivalry, and it would continue to grow the sport on the west coast/California where hockey is starting to become prominent.

Edited by number9

Wings-Rangers would be the biggest thing ever. Gotta build a bit of a rivalry first, though.

I love that Leonsis calls the Caps' fan base an amazing fan base "we built." Pat yourself on the back there, Ted. (And get some more sun while you're at it.)

I propose renaming this the NHL Bettman Cash-in Classic

They could award the winning team a small sculpture of Uncle Gary made out of hot air.

The Bettman Asslick?

Bettman Asslick CLASSIC

Marketing lingo.

Guest Playmaker

Yeah, that Bettman sure is an idiot. Here you all are talking about a meaningless regular season game that won't take place until next season. Such a fool he is.