• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Capitals to host 2015 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

My housemate believes it will be against Philly. Why? It's on NBC, owned by Comcast, who also happen to have a vested interest in the Flyers. Go figure.

I'd love to see Denver have it, and maybe Avs-Wings. Or Minnesota, and maybe the Wild- Stars or something. That could be a neat matchup because of the history involved. Or even New York, Rags-Isles.

I can dream, can't I?

Edited by Kira

My housemate believes it will be against Philly. Why? It's on NBC, owned by Comcast, who also happen to have a vested interest in the Flyers. Go figure.

I'd love to see Denver have it, and maybe Avs-Wings. Or Minnesota, and maybe the Wild- Stars or something. That could be a neat matchup because of the history involved. Or even New York, Rags-Isles.

I can dream, can't I?

I think the Rags and Isles will be squaring off in one of this season's stadium games, no? So it probably won't happen on "The Big Stage." Though, as someone with strong family roots all over New York, I think it'd be pretty awesome.

If The Powers That Be are smart (and the jury's out on that), they'll try to get the Wings in as many Winter Classics - or outdoor games in general - as they possibly can. That's not the homer in me speaking (ok, maybe a little), it's just, s***, the Wings have so. many. freaking. fans.

I agree about Minnesota, they need a game. You'd think they'd get first consideration in this kind of thing. I wonder, though, if it might not have something to do with the fact that they really don't have a big rival, or a matchup that makes so much more sense than any other would. (Who hates the Wild? Anyone?) I mean, there is Dallas, like you said, Kira. That might be cool. And I think you may be very right about the Flyers.

Big-picture, I'm glad we're getting all of these outdoor games (Winter Classics, Heritage Classics, Stadium Series). There's no way this won't be good for the game. I know it's easy to be cynical about it and say it's all just a big cash grab....and it largely is a big cash grab. But, I mean, come on. Hockey! Outside! I've played on outdoor rinks. Honestly, there's nothing like it.

I can dream, can't I?

The Stars owner, I think, just came out and said that they are promised one in the near future. I realized that that will almost certainly be the one Minnesota is involved in.

I'm pissed that Washington got it next year but who really cares anyway...they want to have five of them. Its such a joke.