• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Paul Ranger's Shootout Attempt(?).

Rate this topic

Seriously, what goalie wants to be punk'd on national TV? No wonder he took a slash at Ranger.

God I hate the Laughs, even when they try to be cute they look like A**holes.

I can't wait to see Detroit bag skate them.

Detroit=class

Toronto=crass

I thought it was hilarious!

It was- in a micro way.

Ask Alfie how his hilarious joke about mock throwing his stick into the TO crowd in reference to Sundin's broken stick flying into the stands went............and goes on to this day. Listen to them boo him in the ACC this year.

I thought it was hilarious but that's the thing with the Leafs, they can dish it but they can't take it.

No wonder why Buffalo was a little uhhhhm chippy tonight? I guess Buffalo learned a lesson not standing up for Miller was it last year?

Welcome to the East!

I thought it was some good light hearted fun, it's pre-season. Plus who cares if Enroth is happy or not, I don't see him ever being more than a career backup/below average starter. Either way, it was comical, and it was all in good fun, when you get to round 10 of a shootout you have to keep it interesting for the fans.

I thought it was some good light hearted fun, it's pre-season. Plus who cares if Enroth is happy or not, I don't see him ever being more than a career backup/below average starter. Either way, it was comical, and it was all in good fun, when you get to round 10 of a shootout you have to keep it interesting for the fans.

and I totally agree with you Euro, I was there in the moment watching. It was crazy, so crazy that even my non hockey watching GF came down to watch and that says A LOT.

but that Shiz just doesn't go down well in the East ever unless the goalie and the shooter were former BFF teammates..

I'll admit I don't know how things work in the West but in the East and with Toronto and Buffalo being practically kissing cousins this means war.

PHI and PTT only have to give a stink eye and the gloves are flying..............

Again welcome to the East. :lol:

Funny. But unprofessional. Plus there's clearly bad blood going on. Imagine if some scrubby Blackhawk did that to Howard? I'd want to strangle him.

This. It sets the tone for more Atlantic division mayhem. Which is fine, let the Leafs and the Sabres beat each other up all season while the Wings walk right past them. Just hope they don't get sucked into any of this garbage.

Anyone who's upset about this, or even anyone who can understand why someone would be upset over this, is ridiculous. It was a hundred-round preseason shootout between the Leafs and Sabres, and I can barely remember the names of the goalie and guy who did it. Carlyle was smiling and laughing. Rolston was having fun with it. People are making it sound like the guy threw his skate at the net or something.

Hundred-round shootout in a preseason game. Lighten up. Hockey's allowed to be fun every now and then.

And another thing: everyone's talking about it. I mean, beyond just hockey fans. I say that's good for the game.

Realistically he likely fired the puck a lot softer than he would shooting it with the leverage of his other arm on it. Its not like he picked up the puck and threw it at him either, and

Shootouts are a joke anyway so why not??

This! It was harmless fun, seriously. If this was attempted at the all-star game breakaway skill competition no one would be up in arms about it. It wasn't dirty, there was no intent to injure, he shot it off of the stick from the leverage of his foot instead of his arm, I bet it would be clocked in at a slower speed than he could have shot it normally anyway. I thought it was amusing.

Realistically he likely fired the puck a lot softer than he would shooting it with the leverage of his other arm on it. Its not like he picked up the puck and threw it at him either, and

This! It was harmless fun, seriously. If this was attempted at the all-star game breakaway skill competition no one would be up in arms about it. It wasn't dirty, there was no intent to injure, he shot it off of the stick from the leverage of his foot instead of his arm, I bet it would be clocked in at a slower speed than he could have shot it normally anyway. I thought it was amusing.

Well! You, sir, may not see the harm in it, but suppose some impressionable tot out there in tvland had seen this and decided to emulate it but, not being a highly trained professional, he had bent over too far causing his wee little shirt hem to rise above his wee little padding causing his jersey to tuck into his pads. Why, the innocent little tyke would have a tucked jersey, and we know that the league has declared this to be dangerous as well as unsightly.

This man must be severely punished! It's all fun and games until someone loses a yambag.

Think, sir, of the children!

Edited by 55fan

Well! You, sir, may not see the harm in it, but suppose some impressionable tot out there in tvland had seen this and decided to emulate it but, not being a highly trained professional, he had bent over too far causing his wee little shirt hem to rise above his wee little padding causing his jersey to tuck into his pads. Why, the innocent little tyke would have a tucked jersey, and we know that the league has declared this to be dangerous as well as unsightly.

This man must be severely punished! It's all fun and games until someone loses a yambag.

Think, sir, of the children!

Ya god forbid you don't take a 100mph slapshot and instead you use your foot to kick the stick to flick the puck at a far lower velocity and your jersey comes up. Think of the children people!!!

Guest Crymson

this is a guy whos trying to make the team? not going to make it with that s***

He's a veteran defenseman who already has a contract. He'll be on the team.

Pretty sure the goal wouldn't be allowed anyway, as per rule 49.2: A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks any equipment (stick, glove, helmet, etc.) at the puck, including kicking the blade of his own stick, causing the puck to cross the goal line.

Asked about the play after the game, Enroth said his initial reaction was that he felt Ranger was trying to embarrass him by showboating a bit but given time to think about it, it's not a big deal. I mean, it's a pre-season shootout game... why should anyone actually be upset about this?

I'd like to add:

I'm not a huge fan of shootouts deciding games the way they currently do. But, this particular shootot - I was watching it with a group of friends, a good mix of serious, casual, and non hockey fans, and at one point I sort of "stepped back" to watch them watch the shootot...and you know what? They were all smiling, laughing, joking, totally engaged, having a great time. That's pretty special, IMHO.

I'd like to add:

I'm not a huge fan of shootouts deciding games the way they currently do. But, this particular shootot - I was watching it with a group of friends, a good mix of serious, casual, and non hockey fans, and at one point I sort of "stepped back" to watch them watch the shootot...and you know what? They were all smiling, laughing, joking, totally engaged, having a great time. That's pretty special, IMHO.

Watching Dan Cleary has the same effect on people