• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
brett

buffalo and toronto fight

Rate this topic

Why did Carlyle think that this was a good line match-up?

He said he was putting them out to let Buffalo know that there wasn't going to be any more trouble after the Davane/Tropp fight.

Carlyle's way of diffusing the situation?

Anyway, Davane and Tropp looked like wiling combatants, just unfortunate that Tropp hit his head on the ice. No reason to send out Scott to "equalize."

You guys have lost it. Neither Dats or Z would of started it like Kessel did so that is a non factor. Kessel wants to run his mouth and do what he did without having anything kind of repercussions? Come on you guys if Crosby was doing this you all would be calling for his head and he is one of the greatest skilled players in the game now and is no where near a fighter. I think Kessel did a pretty pricky move by slashing scott about 10 times while scott was engaged with someone else. Again if it were Crosby I think things would be a bit different in this thread.

Holy heck what craziness for a preseason game. Good on Kessel.

Scott is literally a giant goon and deserves a a BC two-hander for going after Kessel. This wasn't an all out scrum on the ice where they ended up paired off. He jumped him on the faceoff. It's not like Kessel was giving him a facewash and acting like wanted to go.

There is no circumstance where someone like Phil Kessel should drop the gloves with John Scott, especially off a faceoff in a meaningless preseason game.

Phil Kessel 6' 200 lbs.

John Scott 6'8" 270 lbs.

Zetterberg isn't afraid to jaw and lay the lumber on guys. Not a two hander like that but think of how he plays against Crosby and Toews. If some goon the size of Scott had dropped the gloves and gone after Zetterberg I'm guessing there'd be a different perspective on what happened.

And what spear do people keep talking about? I see Kessel pushing Scott's hip at the end of the scrum, but I didn't see anything close to a spear.

Welcome to Toronto Bernier. Nice job in the fight against Miller.

You guys have lost it. Neither Dats or Z would of started it like Kessel did so that is a non factor. Kessel wants to run his mouth and do what he did without having anything kind of repercussions? Come on you guys if Crosby was doing this you all would be calling for his head and he is one of the greatest skilled players in the game now and is no where near a fighter. I think Kessel did a pretty pricky move by slashing scott about 10 times while scott was engaged with someone else. Again if it were Crosby I think things would be a bit different in this thread.

I'm not sure how you can say that Kessel started this, considering the circumstances of the game and the fact that Scott told Kessel he was going to jump him.

I don't agree with Kessel's second slash and his 'spear', but IMO he didn't start the altercation. He did fight, and bloody, a Buffalo player during the brawl, so it's not as if he ran away from everyone either.

Again if it were Crosby you would be all for the beat down he had coming Harold and you know it. Kessel had no right after Scott was engaged to keep slashing period.

Nope.

If it were Crosby I would still think Scott was a goon that had no business jumping Crosby on a faceoff.

Scott started something idiotic. He plays 6 minutes a night and is a giant goon. He deserved everything coming to him for jumping Kessel off the faceoff. You just don't do that as an enforcer. And I'm not even a Kessel fan.

In a perfect world Scott would get a 10 game suspension and Kessel would get a fine.

I'm not sure how you can say that Kessel started this, considering the circumstances of the game and the fact that Scott told Kessel he was going to jump him.

I don't agree with Kessel's second slash and his 'spear', but IMO he didn't start the altercation. He did fight, and bloody, a Buffalo player during the brawl, so it's not as if he ran away from everyone either.

Exactly. Kessel did drop the gloves and go. But it would've been insane for him to fight Scott.

Guest ForzaVerde

The NHL isnt in 1943 right now. Phil Kessel looks like a big vajyna slashing away like that. Racki vs. Youngblood? Come on. You dont have to drop em and take a beating, but you cant start weedwacking. Just bear hug / turtle until teammates and refs arrive. Then noone gets hurt and noone gets suspended.

Nope.

If it were Crosby I would still think Scott was a goon that had no business jumping Crosby on a faceoff.

Scott started something idiotic. He plays 6 minutes a night and is a giant goon. He deserved everything coming to him for jumping Kessel off the faceoff. You just don't do that as an enforcer. And I'm not even a Kessel fan.

In a perfect world Scott would get a 10 game suspension and Kessel would get a fine.

Exactly. Kessel did drop the gloves and go. But it would've been insane for him to fight Scott.

Whatever. He didn't deserve the slashes period even if he is a goon. And I really think this whole thread would be going differently if it were Crosby. I don't care what you say on that.

What!?!? Really?? What did Scott do to get 10 games again? 10 games for what!? Breaking some player code that half of these fake skilled tough guys apparently don't even live up to themselves? Kessel apparently was fine to fight someone in there. He dropped his gloves. He was no saint on the ice there.

Guest ForzaVerde

Whatever. He didn't deserve the slashes period even if he is a goon. And I really think this whole thread would be going differently if it were Crosby. I don't care what you say on that.

What!?!? Really?? What did Scott do to get 10 games again? 10 games for what!? Breaking some player code that half of these fake skilled tough guys apparently don't even live up to themselves? Kessel apparently was fine to fight someone in there. He dropped his gloves. He was no saint on the ice there.

Exactly.

Kessel: I'll kick all your asses.

Buffalo Coach: Scotty, go give Kessel what he wants.

Scott: OK, Phil. You got your wish.

Kessel: No No No! (Slash slash)

I bet it went down just like that.

Guest ForzaVerde

penaltiesgalore.png

I had J. Scott in for my fantasy team that night. He got me 15 pts in those 20 seconds of hockey. Ha ha ja

it's not many games you see a panalty list like that one :P

Again if it were Crosby you would be all for the beat down he had coming Harold and you know it. Kessel had no right after Scott was engaged to keep slashing period.

Now imagine it were Datsyuk

Just like Franzine said

"Kessel's first slash: admirable

Further slashes/spears: unnecessary but understandable"

Guest ForzaVerde

Just like Franzine said

You dont have to imagine.

Perry went after Datsyuk. Because Datsyuk answered the bell, Perry took it easy on him and they ended up both unhurt. Datsyuk didnt slash or spear. He just showed Perry he would go if he had to. After Perry realized that, he let up out of respect and just jossled with Pavs. Cool, and code compliant by both players.

No that's the most ***** ***** ass thing I've ever heard. When a goon goes after you your teams own fighter then gets involved. Its as simple as that. The ***** slashing and hacking crap has to go.

There was no fighter on the ice for Toronto. The forwards were Ashton, Bozak, and Kessel. Who exactly should have dropped their gloves and fought Scott when he elected to jump Kessel? What good would it have done for them to go after him once he got out of the penalty box and Kessel had has his ass kicked and potentially been hurt?

This isn't like when Maguire jumped Yzerman and Probert was right there to get instant vengeance. It's all well and good to say "fighters fight fighters" but that's not how the situation developed. Kessel was entitled to use a force multiplier to defend himself.

There was no fighter on the ice for Toronto. The forwards were Ashton, Bozak, and Kessel. Who exactly should have dropped their gloves and fought Scott when he elected to jump Kessel? What good would it have done for them to go after him once he got out of the penalty box and Kessel had has his ass kicked and potentially been hurt?

This isn't like when Maguire jumped Yzerman and Probert was right there to get instant vengeance. It's all well and good to say "fighters fight fighters" but that's not how the situation developed. Kessel was entitled to use a force multiplier to defend himself.

Kessel apparently thinks he is a fighter he dropped his gloves and fought.

Going back to Crosby. I have seen threads go for days talking about how Crosby was checked or ran hard, some even be a bit on the excessive side, and then the only thing he can do is a slash back because Crosby is no where near a fighter and he got crucified for it on here.

Just like Franzine said

I don't have to even try because I know Dats wouldn't do a d*ck move running his mouth then when scott drops his gloves to shut him up he starts slashing like that.

You dont have to imagine.

Perry went after Datsyuk. Because Datsyuk answered the bell, Perry took it easy on him and they ended up both unhurt. Datsyuk didnt slash or spear. He just showed Perry he would go if he had to. After Perry realized that, he let up out of respect and just jossled with Pavs. Cool, and code compliant by both players.

Perry, while bigger than Datsyuk, is hardly a comparison to John Scott dropping the gloves on a faceoff to go after Kessel in a preseason game.

Perry is not a very good fighter for starters, while Scott is a straightup goon. Perry is also a top line player squaring off with another top line player. And it was still a bush league move when he went after Dats.

There is no earthly reason why Kessel should've dropped the gloves with Scott there.

Lighten up Francis, it was hyperbole.

Though it was Scott's goon tactics that set off the whole melee. I'm glad Kessel two handed him. Scott picked a fight with a much smaller non-fighting star player and jumped him on the faceoff to boot. What he got was a taste of old time hockey, and he absolutely deserved it.

As I said, I'm not even a Kessel fan, but it's an unbelievable idiotic move for a useless goon like Scott to jump Kessel on a faceoff. I think fighting has a place in hockey but it's crap like Scott just pulled that will get it completely removed from the game.

While scott was out of line in challenging/threatening kessel or whatever, there is no defending a two handed slash (let alone multiple slashes).... kessel acted out of pure frustration with full intent to hurt another player. I don't care who the other player is, that makes kessel just as much of a goon as anyone.