I stole this 

So much win!!!

#82 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Three exhibition games? Looks like protection of another "elite" player. Shanahan is in mid-season form already.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#83 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

I stole this 

2eci0ht.jpg

Oh, heavens!  It's a good thing he's not in the NFL.  They've banned purses from the stadiums.  Those things are more dangerous than hockey sticks!

I admit- I mostly quoted this post just so we'd get to see it again after flipping the page.

#84 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Former NHL enforcer and current Sabres colour commentator Rob Ray has valid opinions on the topic, all of which I am in total agreement with.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#85 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Former NHL enforcer and current Sabres colour commentator Rob Ray has valid opinions on the topic, all of which I am in total agreement with.

Scott - ‘I’m coming after you. I’m not going to hurt you but I’m coming after you.’

Umm - alrighty then...

So by Rob Ray's advice -  Kessel can  either flee with his tail tucked between his legs, and become the butt of jokes for everyone who dislikes him, OR he can do nothing with the silly notion that Scott will just bear-hug him, OR he attempts to stand his ground (mind you swinging at Scott's legs).

IMHO there's no 'easy' answer for a guy like Kessel who doesn't find himself in these sorts of situations (unlike Scott).

As always - it's easy for critics such as Rob Ray (an after the fact armchair general watching from afar) to judge someone elses actions in a 'heat of the moment' altercation.

Edited by F.Michael, 25 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#86 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Well you can bet - like I have mentioned it in another topic - Orr and McLaren will jump other star players now. So teams without enforcers have to bring these guys in otherwise concussions, broken jaws and broken foots are going to happen. Scott, Orr, Mclaren, Engellland, Bouilton, Lucic, Thornton, 3PL this division is going to be a physical disaster, if a team doesn't have an enforcer. sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#87 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

it is disgusting seeing tsn making a hero out of kessel.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#88 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

it is disgusting seeing tsn making a hero out of kessel.

Well - TSN is part owner of the franchise :lol:

Well you can bet - like I have mentioned it in another topic - Orr and McLaren will jump other star players now. So teams without enforcers have to bring these guys in otherwise concussions, broken jaws and broken foots are going to happen. Scott, Orr, Mclaren, Engellland, Bouilton, Lucic, Thornton, 3PL this division is going to be a physical disaster, if a team doesn't have an enforcer. sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

Hard to say...

It depends how other tuff guys from around the league feel about the 'code', and how it applies to any situation that takes place on the ice.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#89 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Kessel's suspension is a joke. the fine for putting Scott on the ice also a joke.

Kessel's actions were Chris Simon like, but because he is a "Star" in this league he misses 3 preseason games?

Just found this article:

http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

Great quote:

“So what am I supposed to do now?” an anonymous coach asked the QMI Agency. “Do I call the ref over and call timeout so I can call (league vice-president of hockey operations) Colie Campbell and ask him who I can put on the ice?”

Edited by Opie, 26 September 2013 - 09:42 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock