Photo
- - - - -

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

Paint that on the ice on the bluelines, because that's how this works. The Eastern Conference is not welcoming Detroit, oh no. We're welcoming them to our orbit.

Actually that came out of a long car ride my wife and I took back from Asheville NC on Saturday. We talked about designing end zones if you had the final call (Salvador Dali inspired end zones, Van Gogh's "Starry Night" etc.) Then what we would paint on the ice if you could do anything. I chose to poke our new playdates with a stick.

So, what would you write or paint on the field/ice?

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Can't taunt the entire east with our cup count, cause Montreal and toronto have more, so how about a 3d image of murphy eating $1 hotdogs :)

#3 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Can't taunt the entire east with our cup count, cause Montreal and toronto have more, so how about a 3d image of murphy eating $1 hotdogs :)

Cool counts for something, that means Toronto is out. Still, if Hockeytown was created to upset them, let's do it again. I love the Murphy eating a hot dog maybe as a faceoff circle

#4 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Cool counts for something, that means Toronto is out. Still, if Hockeytown was created to upset them, let's do it again. I love the Murphy eating a hot dog maybe as a faceoff circle

Nope, we need a giant image of Dan Cleary at center ice now. That will sure intimidate the East!

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nope, we need a giant image of Dan Cleary at center ice now. That will sure intimidate the East!

Obviously, murph gets behind the nets though

#6 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, but all their cups were won many decades ago (the most current one being Montreal's '93 Cup title). Since the mid 90's the Red Wings have been leaps and bounds better and more consistent than either of those teams. Heck, in that time span we've almost won more Cups than either team has playoff appearances. And i'll take boasting about recent championships, over Cups won back in the black-and-white TV era any day. Any Habs or Leafs fans still bragging about ancient championships just proves how inept and inconsistent their teams have been in this modern era of hockey. We are the new crown jewels of the eastern conference. Oh and I almost forgot, LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#7 RedWingsin2011

RedWingsin2011

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Yeah, but all their cups were won many decades ago (the most current one being Montreal's '93 Cup title). Since the mid 90's the Red Wings have been leaps and bounds better and more consistent than either of those teams. Heck, in that time span we've almost won more Cups than either team has playoff appearances. And i'll take boasting about recent championships, over Cups won back in the black-and-white TV era any day. Any Habs or Leafs fans still bragging about ancient championships just proves how inept and inconsistent their teams have been in this modern era of hockey. We are the new crown jewels of the eastern conference. Oh and I almost forgot, LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

This^^^ :clap:

#8 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Not to be off topic but I think a nice octopus thrown on the ice in Buffalo to show that the Wings are here would be cool.  Kind of like a "The pie has arrived" sort of thing.

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Not sure about the ice, but above the visitors' dressing room door should read:

Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes

(credit: Dante in The Divine Comedy.  translation: Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.)

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hippolocus begat me. I claim to be his son, and he sent me to Troy with strict instructions: Ever to excel, to do better than others, and to bring glory to your forebears, who indeed were very great ... This is my ancestry; this is the blood I am proud to inherit.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

if painting the ice became a thing, the face off circle would have to be an octopus tagret.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#12 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

If upsetting the Leafs is the goal, how about a picture of Murphy holding the 1997 Stanley Cup aloft?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#13 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

if painting the ice became a thing, the face off circle would have to be an octopus tagret.

Would the TAGRET be Dan Cleary's face

#14 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Genius! A Target store bulls-eye at center ice.

EDIT: I didn't make that into a link. Sheesh.....

Edited by MidMichSteve, 24 September 2013 - 11:18 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#15 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

if painting the ice became a thing, the face off circles would have to become cootie shots.

Fixt.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#16 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Fixt.

I see what you did there

#17 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

The opposing netminder's blue ice should be a 3-D vision of Holmstrom's smiling face during stoppages

#18 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

The opposing netminder's blue ice should be a 3-D vision of Holmstrom's smiling face during stoppages

No. Then all our goals will be disallowed 

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Or his ass with a sarcastic smiley face on it. :sly:

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 25 September 2013 - 05:42 AM.

#20 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

If you take a penalty for the opposition as you head to the sin bin the penalty box lights up with flashing little "The Hudlers" heads to mock the offending player.

Edited by Jersey Wing, 24 September 2013 - 10:27 PM.