• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,852 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I can't believe this idiot is actually an NHL announcer.  I realize teams often hire homer announcers for play by play, however, Edwards undermines the purpose of play by play announcing.  It's one thing to overhype players and complain about the refs, but it's another thing to not call fights the way they happened.  A disgrace to his profession.    

This was from earlier tonight.  Great fight, btw.   

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FCi2Z1AUKuM

I could compile a list of similar Edwards BS over the years.  Here's another one I like.   :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CJXs5AaWIbY

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Assaulting his knuckles with his nose

Huh
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,852 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Huh

His obsession with Lucic is disturbing.  I wonder what he'd say if Lucic got KO'd?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yep, Edwards is a blowhard joke of a PBP guy. Thank God we have Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond. They aren't perfect but they're far better than Edwards and others of his order.

#5 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Huh

Lucic was in white, yes?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

This is not news, unfortunately, and I feel sorry for those of you who may have to listen to the Boston feed.  He is by far the worst or worst next to Bob Errey and the other Penguins announcer.

#7 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Jack Edwards has always been an over-the-top moron; no news there. Reminds me of "Another right by ROY! Another right by ROY! Uppercut! Uppercut! Bicycle kick by ROY! Piledriver! Another right by ROY! ROY summons strength from his ancestors for a fireball! Finish him! Fatality!.... Osgood with the takedown"

#8 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

The thing that makes Edwards even worse than he already is, is the fact that he replaced Dale Arnold.

Think Doc Emmerick with less catch phrases.

The guy did an amazing job calling the game, after the whole NHL leaving ESPN fiasco the B's decided to grab Edwards from the ESPN ranks and get rid of Arnold.

I guess the wanted more emotion less intelligence in the booth. I do think Brick does a real good job as the color guy though!

Apparently they have a thing for announcers with First names for Last names!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Meh, I actually kind of like him. He has a few facepalm worthy moments, but for the most part he calls the game pretty fairly and gets just as excited when the opposing team scores as when the Bruins do. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman