• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Jack Edwards is a Moron

Rate this topic

I can't believe this idiot is actually an NHL announcer. I realize teams often hire homer announcers for play by play, however, Edwards undermines the purpose of play by play announcing. It's one thing to overhype players and complain about the refs, but it's another thing to not call fights the way they happened. A disgrace to his profession.

This was from earlier tonight. Great fight, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCi2Z1AUKuM

I could compile a list of similar Edwards BS over the years. Here's another one I like. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXs5AaWIbY

Jack Edwards has always been an over-the-top moron; no news there. Reminds me of "Another right by ROY! Another right by ROY! Uppercut! Uppercut! Bicycle kick by ROY! Piledriver! Another right by ROY! ROY summons strength from his ancestors for a fireball! Finish him! Fatality!.... Osgood with the takedown"

The thing that makes Edwards even worse than he already is, is the fact that he replaced Dale Arnold.

Think Doc Emmerick with less catch phrases.

The guy did an amazing job calling the game, after the whole NHL leaving ESPN fiasco the B's decided to grab Edwards from the ESPN ranks and get rid of Arnold.

I guess the wanted more emotion less intelligence in the booth. I do think Brick does a real good job as the color guy though!

Apparently they have a thing for announcers with First names for Last names!