• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

Petr Mrazek or Jonas Gustvsson

Rate this topic

Mrazek or Monster  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said Jonas only because I think it would be better for Mrazek to get more ice time then bench time. Once Mrazek is the official backup I would hope for Babs to work them into a 1A-1B tandem (like we had with Hasek and Osgood) so Howie gets more rest and Mrazek gets more then 5 games per year

EDITED: But with "Glass Groin" Gus it looks like Mrazek will be the backup

Edited by The Secret

Monster, for the same reason already stated numerous times, give Mrazek time in GR, let him get ample run, nothing like sitting on the bench for 60 games to kill your mojo!

I'm in the same boat as most here, for this year and possibly next, I say we go with monster as the backup and let petr get better in GR. After that Kenny needs to decide if we have a great 1-2 goalie group or get some needed depth in return.

Well, tbh, he did get a lot of starts last season and won a Calder Cup but it wouldn't hurt him to play at least one more season. I suspect he'll be up a few times this season.

More than likely out of necessity not want, Monster will probably battle at least one injury this season.

I like Mrazek. A lot. I think he's going to be a very good to great goalie, and I want to see him in a Wings uniform for a long time. But not this year. I'd rather he play 50-55 games in GR than 15-20 in Detroit. Call him up occasionally for a spot start, yes. Call him up if one of the Wings' goalies gets hurt. And if Howard has to miss any games (knock on wood!!) then Mrazek takes over and Gustavsson remains the backup. Next year, if Mrazek has another season like last year, he becomes the backup. Over the length of Howard's contract, Mrazek should play more games each year, transitioning into the starter's role as Howard ages.

Keep him in GR, a goalie of his potential needs to be a regular starter.

PS I believe he eats at his waiver exempt status whether he starts or rides the pine.

Edited by Shaman

Mrazek is already better than monster. Him being the starter in GR though will develop him more than sitting on the bench in Detroit right now. The best thing for young players is ice time. No matter where that is. No need to rush a good thing when we are already solid in net with Jimmy. Mrazek had a great first season in the pros. You don't want him having a sophomore slump in the NHL. That can sidetrack his progress.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Mrazek is already better than monster. Him being the starter in GR though will develop him more than sitting on the bench in Detroit right now. The best thing for young players is ice time. No matter where that is. No need to rush a good thing when we are already solid in net with Jimmy. Mrazek had a great first season in the pros. You don't want him having a sophomore slump in the NHL. That can sidetrack his progress.

I hardly agree with that, Mrazek still hasn't shown what he can on an NHL level. Monster should have signed with the Stars, take advices from Lethonen and being developed slowly to the north american style, the Leafs sadly had to rush him because Toskala was horrendous.

The guy has all the talent in the world, I hope he can put it together soon and has a long succesful NHL carreer.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

Guest Crymson

If the game against Pittsburgh is any indication, Mrazek isn't better than Gustavsson yet. Mrazek let in several goals that were not at all the fault of the defense.

I hardly agree with that, Mrazek still hasn't shown what he can on an NHL level. Monster should have signed with the Stars, take advices from Lethonen and being developed slowly to the north american style, the Leafs sadly had to rush him because Toskala was horrendous. The guy has all the talent in the world, I hope he can put it together soon and has a long succesful NHL carreer. sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

What goalie have you been watching?

Guest Crymson

What goalie have you been watching?

What goalie have you been watching? Mrazek has two NHL regular season performances under his belt, one of them very good and the other quite bad. His single preseason bout went poorly. This is performance typical of goalies who are talented but inexperienced; inconsistency is the hallmark of the majority of goaltenders in that category. Some youngsters can come in and play with excellence from the start, but they are rare.

Mrazek. I understand the arguement of getting him playing a ton of games in GR...but this kid is a quick study.

He's got the stuff he needs now.

Jonas is a bust for us in my opinion. I agree with St. Michael (the Red Wing)...let's have a lights out combo now!

What goalie have you been watching? Mrazek has two NHL regular season performances under his belt, one of them very good and the other quite bad. His single preseason bout went poorly. This is performance typical of goalies who are talented but inexperienced; inconsistency is the hallmark of the majority of goaltenders in that category. Some youngsters can come in and play with excellence from the start, but they are rare.

I wasn't responding to YOU. :nono:

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I wasn't responding to YOU. :nono:

Nor were you responding to me, but I can still reply. That's how discussion forums work. If you want a reply from only one person, then you can use PM. You claimed, publicly, that mrazek is clearly NHL ready. Therefore, your comments are open to public critique. Crymson made a pretty convincing argument that mrazek is not NHL ready. Don't just dismiss his argument because it doesn't comport with your opinion. It was a valuable contribution to the topic at hand.

Nor were you responding to me, but I can still reply. That's how discussion forums work. If you want a reply from only one person, then you can use PM. You claimed, publicly, that mrazek is clearly NHL ready. Therefore, your comments are open to public critique. Crymson made a pretty convincing argument that mrazek is not NHL ready. Don't just dismiss his argument because it doesn't comport with your opinion. It was a valuable contribution to the topic at hand.

Baby goalie is just that, still a baby. He needs at least one more year before backing up jimmah