• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#21 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Zetterberg, Datayuk and Kronwall scratched, Alfie, Kindl, Eric injured for tonight's game. Sheahan and Ouellete coming back from GR UPDATE

Edited by wingedominance13, 25 September 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#22 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Lines for tonight

Franzen - Weiss - Abby

Nyquist - Andy - Tatar

Miller - Emmy - Sammy

Cleary - Sheahan - Bert

Q - Smith

Deke - ouellet

Almquest - Lashoff

Mrazek

per khan

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Well that's depressing... Was really excited

#24 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

You've gotta be kidding me.

This genuinely pisses me off, for some reason.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#25 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

The only good things to take away from this is 1) at least the kids line is still together 2) We'll get one more look at Oullet, Sheehan, and Almquist

#26 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Me too! What's that all about? I was really looking forward to seeing something resembling our actual line combos...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

You know what it is? I mean, beyond the obvious fact that the lineup sucks and we're probably going to get the lit the f*** up?

The Penguins are garbage right now. Sure, they've won a couple, but anyone who's seen them play and read what they've been saying knows they're in a bad place, which is approximately right where they were at the end of the ECF. Heads in hands, tails between legs, lips quivering, faces scrunched (ok, those last two are just Crosby).

So what does Bylsma do? Bylsma, being a good (if stubborn and predictable) coach, decides to trot out the "real" roster. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, et al. They'll blow some team out of the water and feel a whole lot better about themselves, which'll give them some much-needed momentum, something to really build on, etc. etc. etc.

And we're (probably) gonna be the ones to give them that win.

I know, I know, it's just the preseason. I just really, really hate the Penguins, and the fact that we're so. freaking. injury-prone/fragile.

I'm hoping their roster will, like ours, magically not be stacked.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

You know what it is? I mean, beyond the obvious fact that the lineup sucks and we're probably going to get the lit the f*** up?

The Penguins are garbage right now. Sure, they've won a couple, but anyone who's seen them play and read what they've been saying knows they're in a bad place, which is approximately right where they were at the end of the ECF. Heads in hands, tails between legs, lips quivering, faces scrunched (ok, those last two are just Crosby).

So what does Bylsma do? Bylsma, being a good (if stubborn and predictable) coach, decides to trot out the "real" roster. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, et al. They'll blow some team out of the water and feel a whole lot better about themselves, which'll give them some much-needed momentum, something to really build on, etc. etc. etc.

I know, I know, it's just the preseason. I just really, really hate the Penguins, and the fact that we're so. freaking. injury-prone/fragile.

I'm hoping their roster will, like ours, magically not be stacked.

Or it is lose lose for them... Either they beat an team for of kids, or they lose to a team full of kids... Not a huge boost in my opinion

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hey now, a win is never a loss. I know what you're saying, though. Thing is, they're so messed up right now that a victory over a crappy Wings roster would be big for them - or, at least, that's what they'd make it out to be in their minds. If it gets them going, it hardly matters if it's right or wrong.

I guess I'm being overly dramatic, or watever. It's just, again, I hate the Penguins and our injuries curse.

Edited by Dabura, 25 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Any idea on the pens lineup?

Malkin-Crosby-Neal

Letang-Martin

Fleury

They'll have to trade 1 of them to become cap compliant :lol:

Me too! What's that all about? I was really looking forward to seeing something resembling our actual line combos...

Lots of extra pre-season ice time for line 2....Tatar-Andy-Nyquist. :ok:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hey now, a win is never a loss. I know what you're saying, though. Thing is, they're so messed up right now that a victory over a crappy Wings roster would be big for them - or, at least, that's what they'd make it out to be in their minds. If it gets them going, it hardly matters if it's right or wrong.

I guess I'm being overly dramatic, or watever. It's just, again, I hate the Penguins and our injuries curse.

I can see the headlines now, pens blow out the mighty wings 3-1 all because of Crosby who had 1 assist

#32 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just saw the recalled ups on twiiter. I don't mind this at all. 

#33 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

All this means is that Z, Pav, and Kronner won't get any pre-season game-related injuries tonight.

#34 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Maybe that's why Babcock decided to switch up the lineup, just to mess with them knowing this was their thinking.  Now if they win, its like "you beat a bunch of kids, big deal" and if they lose it stings them twice as bad.  Plus we rest our top guys.

Or maybe Babs saw that the Pens were putting all their top guys in, and decided to pull his top guys out as a little psychological slap in the face..like "you guys are sucking so bad, I don't even have to play any of our stars to whoop on you, so we'll just put the kids in instead"

Who knows...

LOL

#35 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

...meanwhile, in the world of the Pens fans, they're probably saying that we're so scared of Sidney that we pulled all of our good players so that they wouldn't have to face defeat and we could use the "you just beat the kids, not the real team" excuse.

Ah, delusion.

#36 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Who knows...

This guy

BABCOCK.jpg

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#37 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Ericsson out with thigh contusion, Babcock said. Kindl (hip flexor) and Alfredsson (groin) still out.

These guys need to stop playing "hide the sausage" in the locker room...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#38 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

what do you guys think of ozzi instead of murph

Posted Image

#39 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

GDT's.  My drug of choice.  How I missed thee. 

I love the s***sburgh lineup and I love that we scratched a few "regs" to let the young guns experience "The Best" that the league has to offer.  Maybe (hopefully), the young guys will experience some "Crysbyness" and develop a bad taste in their mouths for s***sburgh for when they become our regs.  Look at our scratches, they are guys who already have that nasty taste in their mouths. 

If crysby goes all out leader, the only way he knows how to, to right his ship, then - mission accomplished!

LGW!!!

#40 TripleS

TripleS

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Johan Franzen-Stephen Weiss-Justin Abdelkader

Gustav Nyquist-Joakim Andersson-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Riley Sheahan-Todd Bertuzzi

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Mikael Samuelsson

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Danny DeKeyser-Xavier Ouellet

Adam Almquist-Brian Lashoff

Petr Mrazek (full game)

I would call this testing the "Worst Case Injury Scenario" plus it gives us a look at how our younger guys play against a full penguins line up.

- Get to see Nyquist and Tatar as a Top 6 against a legit Penguins Top 6. Tatar show!

- Ouellet was raved upon by Babcock and it allows us to determine our first call-up when we get injuries on Defense. I hope its Sproul or Ouellet

- Mrazek should be awesome to see against the Penguins without anything on the line it prepares him for back-up while Gus does Yoga to fix his groin

Edited by TripleS, 25 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.