• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ForzaVerde

Bertuzzi Needs To Retire

Rate this topic

Guest ForzaVerde

Watch him carefully. We spend all our time chasing the puck in our zone when he is on the ice. This guy no longer helps the Wings as a player. He needs to hang them up.

Watch him carefully. We spend all our time chasing the puck in our zone when he is on the ice. This guy no longer helps the Wings as a player. He needs to hang them up.

So last night that had nothing to do with the fact that he was on a line with the great Cleary and young pup Sheahan? I would take Bert and what he brings over cleary,sammy,eavs,emmerton...any day. It's preseason.

oh no, you mean bert couldn't do anything on a fourth line that won't even exist come the regular season? cut him.

i like bert as much as anyone but really though, I don't really see a spot he fits until injuries occur.. he's not a fourth liner and unfortunately for him, we have better options for our top 6.

So last night that had nothing to do with the fact that he was on a line with the great Cleary and young pup Sheahan?

The way he played last night looked to me like it had little to do with being paired with those guys. It looked to me like his back was still pretty badly f***ed up. He usually uses his strength to hold off opponents with his hips or elbow, but last night he did neither of those.

Bertuzzi made the 2011-12 season for me, his shootout goals were among some of the most euphoric hockey moments I ever experienced, especially in the later stages of the home winning streak. I think he still got a few barrels left and he will be firing on all cylinders, provided he can dodge the injuries.

I'm Pro-Bertuzzi all the way, I highly doubt he is even considering retirement at this point. I say keep him in the bottom-six rotation, let him sit every 3rd game or so unless injuries necessitate him being in the lineup every day. We need to have a guy his size that is willing to stand up for teammates if they get run. Also, I'd like to see what he could teach a guy like Sheahan, big body with slick hands, if he could pick up some pointers from Bert he'd be on his way to becoming a legit power forward.