• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

At least Bert had some balls to go after Webber when he smoked "Z"...

At least Bert can score on SO...

At least Bert can/will drop the gloved when/if needed...

What about FRANCINE? At this point he's 4th liner without BALLS and HEART...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#22 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

For the record, put me in the pro Bertuzzi category.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

This OP may as well be backdated to several seasons ago.  

Bertuzzi is way past washed up.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Bertuzzi made the 2011-12 season for me, his shootout goals were among some of the most euphoric hockey moments I ever experienced, especially in the later stages of the home winning streak. I think he still got a few barrels left and he will be firing on all cylinders, provided he can dodge the injuries.

#25 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm Pro-Bertuzzi all the way, I highly doubt he is even considering retirement at this point. I say keep him in the bottom-six rotation, let him sit every 3rd game or so unless injuries necessitate him being in the lineup every day. We need to have a guy his size that is willing to stand up for teammates if they get run. Also, I'd like to see what he could teach a guy like Sheahan, big body with slick hands, if he could pick up some pointers from Bert he'd be on his way to becoming a legit power forward.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#26 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Todd Ber-tuzzi :clap:

#27 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Would rather have Bert playing with Z and D, but that's just me.

#28 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Surprising how many people are pro-old, slow, and non-physical. I like young, fast, and physical.

#29 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

If we need an enforcer, Tootoo has bee showing this preseason that he is at least better than Bert.

Hehehehheehehe someone thinks TooToo is an enforcer.....

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

Firstly, Tootoo is not an enforcer; no one is afraid of him.

Secondly, it's not that I - for my part - like old and slow and non-physical. If we could have Dustin Brown instead of Todd Bertuzzi, I'd make that swap in a fraction of a heartbeat. But guess what: we can't have Dustin Brown, period. We can't upgrade Bertuzzi. We're dealing with a Ken Holland-built roster, which means it's going to have more than its fair share of old, slow, and generally ineffective old-timers who probably should've called it quits a long time ago but didn't because they know Holland will give them work well into their sixties. Considering that, I think we're actually lucky to have Bertuzzi, because his size and snarl and (potential) physicality and incredible hands actually make him (potentially) quite valuable, relatively speaking.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

10 years ago Bertuzzi was the premiere power forward in the world. Size, speed, hands, and grit.

He still has 3 of those qualities. You need people on the 3rd and 4th lines that can pass, score, and take the body. We aren't expecting 30 goals from him, but we are expecting him to play gritty hockey. Right now, from what I have seen, he is bringing snarl to the ice every shift. If he hustles instead of coasting around waiting for a pass I think he is an upgrade over both Sammy and Cleary, and at times is an upgrade over Franzen. Also, he doesn't take sh*t from the other team on the ice when they chirp at skill guys. When Weber threw Z's head against the boards, we all weren't saying, "Oh boy! Wait until Z gets back up and kicks his a** on the powerplay." No, all of a sudden, Bertuzzi was an enforcer to fans on the board. And guess what happened the next game less than 2 minutes in, even in a small scale, Weber had to answer. Against a bigger, stronger, and younger guy Bertuzzi did the job of a non-existant enforcer.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Fqjn_AAO5A0

Until he can't skate at all or loses his ability to handle the puck, he is the best player we have in the bottom six.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#32 ForzaVerde

ForzaVerde

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Firstly, Tootoo is not an enforcer; no one is afraid of him.

Secondly, it's not that I - for my part - like old and slow and non-physical. If we could have Dustin Brown instead of Todd Bertuzzi, I'd make that swap in a fraction of a heartbeat. But guess what: we can't have Dustin Brown, period. We can't upgrade Bertuzzi. We're dealing with a Ken Holland-built roster, which means it's going to have more than its fair share of old, slow, and generally ineffective old-timers who probably should've called it quits a long time ago but didn't because they know Holland will give them work well into their sixties. Considering that, I think we're actually lucky to have Bertuzzi, because his size and snarl and (potential) physicality and incredible hands actually make him (potentially) quite valuable, relatively speaking.

Im not anti Bert as a person or as a Red Wing development assistant. I just dont want to see him in the lineup at the expense of our youngsters. He doeant do anything they dont do.

#33 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Viva la Bertuzzi
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#34 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Bertuzzi is the only player in the world that can compete in the NHL with one hand on his stick. Do you see Crosby walking people one handed? No. I believe Bert plays with this style as it frees an arm up so he can efficiently drop elbows to somebody's nose if needed.

If I was going to keep any of these older guys it would be Bert. He is a pretty smart passer and a big body who will still get physical when needed. You need a guy or two on a roster that you can plug in anywhere to make ends meet and hes a good guy for the job. Cleary and Sammy is who needs to go.

#35 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

These threads always pop up and then completely disappear when Bertuzzi wins a couple of shootout games or beats somebody up. Like it or not he's staying, personally I like it.

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

These threads always pop up and then completely disappear when Bertuzzi wins a couple of shootout games or beats somebody up. Like it or not he's staying, personally I like it.

Heck, every time a thread pops up bashing someone, it seems like they go on a tear.  Let's hope Bert does the same.

#37 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Heck, every time a thread pops up bashing someone, it seems like they go on a tear.  Let's hope Bert does the same.

If this is constructive i say we start bashing the whole team :)

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

I need to retire, doesn't mean I will

#39 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm neither pro or anti Bertuzzi, but the reality is, we're stuck with him whether we like it or not. 

#40 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

So far tonight Bert has been great...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan