• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I wonder if they'll show Cleary smoking weed on the show?  I know his eyes don't look like that from too much swimming.   :1eye: 

I think the one eye got goofy from his fight with Pronger.  I also recall that Cleary is allergic to shaving cream. 

Too bad we don't have an enforcer who is also a part time barber. 

#22 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Although it will be interesting to see what's going on in the Wings locker room, I have reservations about this reality TV.  It tends to bring out the diva in the weak ones, messes with ones head, the constant cameras and attention...look what it did to Bryzgalov in Philly?  Or Avery in NY.  I think it was the final nail in the coffin for him.  Looking at how some people get to being in front of cameras, I cringe at the thought of some of the Detroit 'mystique' being laid bare for all to see.  I know Babs isn't thrilled with it because it can be a huge distraction, especially for the young guys.  Listen to Howie and Smith's comments, these guys can't wait to get in front of the camera.

No, I say concentrate on the game, do away with this MTV reality type manufactured drama. 

#23 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Although it will be interesting to see what's going on in the Wings locker room, I have reservations about this reality TV.  It tends to bring out the diva in the weak ones, messes with ones head, the constant cameras and attention...look what it did to Bryzgalov in Philly?  Or Avery in NY.  I think it was the final nail in the coffin for him.  Looking at how some people get to being in front of cameras, I cringe at the thought of some of the Detroit 'mystique' being laid bare for all to see.  I know Babs isn't thrilled with it because it can be a huge distraction, especially for the young guys.  Listen to Howie and Smith's comments, these guys can't wait to get in front of the camera.

No, I say concentrate on the game, do away with this MTV reality type manufactured drama. 

Not too worried, these guys are used to media and reporters. It will be a bit more intimate and invasive but we have a pretty level-headed group and guys like Z, Pav and Alfie will be quick to reel anyone in if they get a big head.

Can't wait to get an inside look at Babs & Co. in the locker room, and for a guy like Pavel to maybe, maybe finally get that big spotlight on him that he deserves. HD, proffessionally shot footage of him in practice and game action? Yes please. If they can capture his humour as well he'll be the star of the show.

Should be some good storylines with Alfie vs. Ottawa, us against Leafs of course and just our move to the East.

In what should be a fun season regardless, 24/7 is the icing that will make it even more memorable.

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Dats just posted a photo of him sitting in a chair surrounded by a camera one of those hanging mics, and some guy with a clip- board that you see on TV and move sets. It would appear that HBOs 24/7 has begun!

#25 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I really dident think the 24-4 hockey ones were as good as the boxing ones but that being said if the Red Wings are on it im super pumped.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

When does this air?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think they start in November...ish?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Ah, cool.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I think they start in November...ish?

The last two have started in December and run for 4 episodes/weeks. 

They are supposed to start shooting in November though. The recent stuff was just for promotional use. 

#30 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Thanks. I remember hearing something about November!

I hope some amazing person that has access to HBO makes the eps available for those of us who don't...

Between this and Game of Thrones, I'd say its worth the extra cost on the cable bill

#31 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Between this and Game of Thrones, I'd say its worth the extra cost on the cable bill

Season 4 is essentially the 2nd half of book 3, which is the most epic part of the entire series.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#32 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Season 4 is essentially the 2nd half of book 3, which is the most epic part of the entire series.

I agree, although I expect big things from the next book, if it ever comes out :glare:

But yeah!  24-7!  Awesome.

#33 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

@Datsyuk13: 3 cameras attached to my helmet! http://t.co/Tm9caNOIOC

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#34 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: HBO's crew for 24/7 has arrived and begun shooting practice.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#35 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: HBO's crew for 24/7 has arrived and begun shooting practice.

You confused me for a moment.  Then I realized that "shooting practice" was different than "target practice", which was what I thought it meant.

#36 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

You confused me for a moment.  Then I realized that "shooting practice" was different than "target practice", which was what I thought it meant.

:lol:

"Don't shoot our guys!!!! Ok, maybe Quincey..."

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#37 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

The need to practice shooting... the puck. 

I can't wait for the 24/7 series, for sure.  This slump they're in... will be a distant memory, very soon.  Go, Wings!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#38 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

24/7 should be good. can't wait for it. 
anyone know what days it will air?

#39 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

At least HBO missed out on the cluster-you-know-what of the last few weeks.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#40 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

anyone know what days it will air?

Oui.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.