• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Anthony Mantha

Rate this topic

Fun fact! Jonathan Drouin who was selected 3rd overall last year had 105 points in 49 games last season. Anthony Mantha has played 49 games so far this season and has how many points??....ding ding ding 105 points! This guy is going to go down as a steal at the 20th overall selection.

And to add to that this year Drouin is averaging 2.15 points per game, while Mantha is averaging 2.14. Doesn't mean it'll translate, but it's definitely worth getting excited over. Is anyone on here from the area and has seen him play recently or can give a first hand account of how his game is night in and night out?

I agree. I was a huge fan before the draft, and even a bigger fan today. But non of this means anything yet. Untill he plays in the NHL and scores 35+ goals in a season it is all just hope.

35+ goals or a bust? Datsyuk doesn't score 35+ goals, so he must have been a bust too...

Fun fact! Jonathan Drouin who was selected 3rd overall last year had 105 points in 49 games last season. Anthony Mantha has played 49 games so far this season and has how many points??....ding ding ding 105 points! This guy is going to go down as a steal at the 20th overall selection.

Absolutely massive difference between an 18 year old (Drouin last year) and a 19.5 year old (Mantha this year) when it comes to junior. Drouin hasn't really seemed to turn it up much year, but that's normally the exception. If you look at a lot of player's stats, those that play in the 3rd and 4th years in junior really pile up the points. The real stars don't last that long in junior.

I think he'll end up being a decent player in the NHL, but I'm not taking anything he is doing in the Q this year as meaning too much beyond him gaining confidence.

Mantha sat out his teams final regular season game today so he finished the season with 57 goals and 63 assists for 120 points in 57 games played. He also had 75 PIM and 286 shots. Shots were down from last years 323 in 67 games but set his personal highs in almost every other category. He won the scoring race by 14 points in 9 less games than the second place guy and was second in points per game (2.11) only to Drouin (2.26). He was also 9th in league +/-, but 7 of the 8 guys ahead of him all played for Halifax. I know +/- is highly controversial so take that for what you want.

I was excited about this kid when we drafted him and he seems to have worked on improving his game which is great news for us. Hopefully he can tear it up when he gets to GR too. If he wants it bad enough and keeps working like he has been this kid could be a superstar for us one day.

Personally, I hope he moves on in his playoff run. He is going to have plenty of time to play for the Griffins next season. If he leads his team to a championship, it will bring valuable experience in the AHL/NHL for sure.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/sipple-red-wings-prospect-anthony-mantha-named-a-finalist-for-two-chl-award

"Red Wings prospect Anthony Mantha is a finalist for CHL Top Scorer along with Connor Brown and Mitch Holmberg. Winner announced May 24."

"Wings prospect Anthony Mantha also finalist for CHL Player of Year along with Connor Brown and Sam Reinhart."

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/sipple-red-wings-prospect-anthony-mantha-named-a-finalist-for-two-chl-award

"Red Wings prospect Anthony Mantha is a finalist for CHL Top Scorer along with Connor Brown and Mitch Holmberg. Winner announced May 24."

"Wings prospect Anthony Mantha also finalist for CHL Player of Year along with Connor Brown and Sam Reinhart."

I'd honestly be surprised if he didn't win both

It was the winning goal to win the President's Cup (QMJHL Championship), which put them in the annual CHL tournament for a chance to win the Memorial Cup (CHL Championship) which consists of the champions from each Canadian Hockey League; QMJHL (Val-d'Or Foreurs), OHL (Guelph Storm) and WHL (Edmonton Oil Kings) champs plus the host team, which is the London Knights this year.

It was the winning goal to win the President's Cup (QMJHL Championship), which put them in the annual CHL tournament for a chance to win the Memorial Cup (CHL Championship) which consists of the champions from each Canadian Hockey League; QMJHL (Val-d'Or Foreurs), OHL (Guelph Storm) and WHL (Edmonton Oil Kings) champs plus the host team, which is the London Knights this year.

Stop confusing me lol

I have high hopes for this young man, I am a little concerned with the PIM. I noticed this last year in road to the Memorial Cup and in the WJC. He is usually good for at least one stick infraction per game. I hope Blashill can curve this trend.

Anyone else see this.

I have high hopes for this young man, I am a little concerned with the PIM. I noticed this last year in road to the Memorial Cup and in the WJC. He is usually good for at least one stick infraction per game. I hope Blashill can curve this trend.

Anyone else see this.

If there's anything the wings can do, it's soften up a player. Frankly, I kind of like the fact that he's not the typical polite Red Wing. Even if it is stick infractions.

The light looks to finally be on. mantha has scored in 3 of his last 4 games with the griffins. 4 points in that stretch. Has 12 goals and a good chance to get to 20 in his first year of pro hockey. Not a bad start. Not the explosive start we all wished for, but solid none the less.