• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings16hullfan

What former Red Wing would u want to meet?

Rate this topic

I get people saying Yzerman and Lidstrom for sure. They're near the top of the heap for me all time as well, in terms of favorite Wings. But when you talk about who I'd like to meet, I'm looking more for personality and intelligence than on ice prowess. I'd go with Shanny and Hull.. Murphy and Avery would be honorable mentions. Draper and Osgood also get nods, but I think that'd be quite a bit like meeting my college roomies. Not a bad thing, but something I've already done.

PS: No offense to Yzerman or Lids... as I mentioned, they're at or near the top of my alltime favorites list. They both just seem to have the social flavor of balsa wood.

PPS: Datsyuk would be at the top of the list if I spoke Russian.

PPPS: Probert would be on this list if I didn't think he and I would just wind up vomiting in a gutter somewhere together. I think we'd get one another in trouble.

Edited by Uncle Danny

I had a chance to meet Yzerman back in high school. My coach was good friends with him and invited him to our end of season hockey party. He's definitely a shy guy.

I would love to meet Mickey Redmond. That guys seems like he would really be a treat to hang out with. Gordie Howe also.

Steve Yzerman, no hesitation. The Captain's been my hero since I was 7 (30 years ago, yikes!). I like him even more for staying with 1 team his entire career and leading Detroit back to relativity.

"Let's Go Stevie!"

I met dmac a couple years ago, i think it was game 2 v the coyotes in the playoffs 3yrs ago, where pavel shot the puck through his legs. i was pretty wasted and all i remember is saying "dude your hattrick against colorado and the goal v philly, ur the king bro" but he did sign my jersey and we had a few laughs.

I would really like to meet stevie, hes always been the king. when i was younger darren pang was my coach and we played a championship game at the united center, and they gave u tickets for the game after which the hawks were playing the wings, and since panger was our coach we were all told we were gona meet stevie after the game and he would come into our lockerroom and talk to us and sign stuff. so i brought all my yzerman gear and he ended up getting kinda roughed up in practice so instead chelios came to our room and i was disappointed to say the least, i mean cheli is still awesome but its not stevie, anyway i couldnt pass up him signing my stuff so i got all kinds of yzerman gear with #24 signed on it

I've me a ton of Red Wings on my autograph running days, but the two I haven't yet and I really want to are, Steve Yzerman and Sergei Federov. I would be a gushing fan boy if I could do that!

Gordie Howe is an interesting guy, he has a lot of stories and he enjoys the fans immensely. Got a picture with him at the signing and since it was so expensive there wasn't really anybody there so I sat and chatted with him for almost an hour. It was awesome!

9999635916_62c409ed9c_b.jpg

Guest Playmaker

Didn't find Lidstrom to be boring at all. The perfect human thing isn't a myth. He really is that nice and laid back. Holmstrom is a nice guy too, but goofy and scatterbrained. I think even after all these years, Steve Yzerman still doesn't think he's anything special. That's what's so cool about him.

I've me a ton of Red Wings on my autograph running days, but the two I haven't yet and I really want to are, Steve Yzerman and Sergei Federov. I would be a gushing fan boy if I could do that!

Gordie Howe is an interesting guy, he has a lot of stories and he enjoys the fans immensely. Got a picture with him at the signing and since it was so expensive there wasn't really anybody there so I sat and chatted with him for almost an hour. It was awesome!

wow awesome wish I had the same opportunity one day. I think listening to the stories from the man himself about changes, goalies without masks earning nothing compared to today and stories about Richard must be incredible. is he more of a laid back guy or does Gordie. know how special he is?

I would call Stevie Y and the perfect human a lot but boring wouldn't be used. They both seem to be very humble guys, who value family, friends, fans and privacy extremely high. Talking to them would be very special for me I mean for most fans these two are having a godlike reputation.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

I have a couple funny stories, one re: Lidstrom, the other, Bowman. But I think I've already told the tales...(?)

Its gotta be Yzerman. This is one case, I think, where being a slightly younger fan of the game (26 going on 27, i.e. someone who wasn't in or out of college in the mid-90s) is/was a really big deal. The role-model/hero/guy-you-look-up-to thing. Yzerman was my guy. I wasn't obsessed with him, I didn't have posters of him all over my bedroom walls...there was just a very strong feeling of respect and admiration and "Hey, this guy makes sense to me. I like what he does and the way he does it (e.g. leading by example)."

Would be honored, thrilled to meet The Captain.