Photo
- - - - -

What former Red Wing would u want to meet?

lgw

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'll also pick Murph, but I'd probably get all drooly and girlygirl and make a fool out of myself.

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'll also pick Murph, but I'd probably get all drooly and girlygirl and make a fool out of myself.

When I met him, no joke he got in line behind me to get a hot dog. It was great

#23 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Mikael Samuelsson...soon (fingers crossed)

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I've me a ton of Red Wings on my autograph running days, but the two I haven't yet and I really want to are, Steve Yzerman and Sergei Federov. I would be a gushing fan boy if I could do that!

Gordie Howe is an interesting guy, he has a lot of stories and he enjoys the fans immensely. Got a picture with him at the signing and since it was so expensive there wasn't really anybody there so I sat and chatted with him for almost an hour. It was awesome!

wow awesome wish I had the same opportunity one day. I think listening to the stories from the man himself about changes, goalies without masks earning nothing compared to today and stories about Richard must be incredible. is he more of a laid back guy or does Gordie. know how special he is?

I would call Stevie Y and the perfect human a lot but boring wouldn't be used. They both seem to be very humble guys, who value family, friends, fans and privacy extremely high. Talking to them would be very special for me I mean for most fans these two are having a godlike reputation.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I have a couple funny stories, one re: Lidstrom, the other, Bowman. But I think I've already told the tales...(?)

Its gotta be Yzerman. This is one case, I think, where being a slightly younger fan of the game (26 going on 27, i.e. someone who wasn't in or out of college in the mid-90s) is/was a really big deal. The role-model/hero/guy-you-look-up-to thing. Yzerman was my guy. I wasn't obsessed with him, I didn't have posters of him all over my bedroom walls...there was just a very strong feeling of respect and admiration and "Hey, this guy makes sense to me. I like what he does and the way he does it (e.g. leading by example)."

Would be honored, thrilled to meet The Captain.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Dominik Hasek

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#27 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yzerman was drafted when I was 11 years old. He has been my idol ever since. Even wanted to give my firstborn "Yzerman" for his middle name, but my wife nixed that :). I always hope that I will bump into him someday down here in central Florida at a gas station or something. If I did I would probably stand there like an idiot in awe. Stranger things have happened. When I was around 10 years old we were down in Florida on vacation. We pulled into the gas station and my Dad recognizes the older gentlemen pumping his gas next to us. Comes back to the car beaming, having just chatted up "Rocket" Richard.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#28 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Larionov.  I neither play chess nor drink wine, but I'd like to do both with the professor.  

Edited by Mckinley25, 29 September 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#29 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Larionov.  I neither play chess nor drink wine, but I'd like to do both with the professor.  

This is a good one.  I should've thought of him as well.

Just to hear him tell the story of saying "good game" to Gretzky would be worth the price of admission.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#30 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Mikael Samuelsson...soon (fingers crossed)

I see what you did there.... :)

#31 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'd have to say Chelios. I grew up idolizing him as a kid and he unfortunately was done playing and never got to see him play in person.

#32 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

Nic Lidstrom.
Or Slavs koslov.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 30 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#33 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

There are a ton i would love to meet  #19, #5, #24, #10...this list would continue for a long time. 

but...I gotta go with Mickey Redmond 

I would love to drink a "ginger ale" with him, he seems like he would just be a blast to hang out with. 

Edited by bakerbert, 30 September 2013 - 08:20 AM.

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#34 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

The dogsledding one. Would be interested to get some tips on handling a team of dogs. 

#35 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Already meet and talked Yzerman after practice even had him sign a wings playing card for the ex-wife for birthday sure wish I had that card not her...LOL

Gotta go pre helmet era

Terrible Ted

Gordie

Mickey

Helmet era

Probie ..I know a long shot

Joey K

Professor

Scotty B ..not a player but wonder how the conversation would go,

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#36 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Stevie Y.  I've already met my other favorite, Mickey Redmond.  He's the best!  :wub:

Agreed. I've met Mick a couple of times, one at a card signing in Livonia, and up in the broadcast booth at Boston Garden back in '94. Great guy. A buddy of mine is friends with Paul Woods, and he and a few of my other close friends went to the Old Shillelagh after a Wings game in the early 90s with Mick and Paul and closed the place, drinking and singing Irish songs. I sure wish I had been there! I've been fortunate to meet many former Wings, mainly at autograph signings, but the last couple of seasons at Olympia, I would go up to the broadcast area in between periods, and wait to get Sid and Bruce to come out and get their autographs. Always real nice. Meeting Steve would be great, but really any player would be a pleasure. I'd love to meet Reed Larson, just to talk about the last years of Olympia, the 77-78 team that got the city back into hockey, or his experience playing in the 1980 All-Star game at the Joe.

#37 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Brad stuart, because he was my favorite defenseman on the wings for years.

#38 Chicktube

Chicktube

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

Ted Lindsay, guys a beast!

Posted Image

#39 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Steve Yzerman, without a doubt.  Followed by Brendan Shanahan, Nick Lidstrom, and Gordie Howe....and Gordie just for the stories.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor