• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewdanna

Mantha is crushing the Q, 4 goals and an assist tonight

Rate this topic

Almost have to assume that the Wings will sign him to a pro contract as soon as his season's done in the Q. Would love to see him get some time in GR, if not a game maybe in Detroit for the hell of it, before the 2013-14 season's done.

Serious question here:

Can they sign him to a pro contract next year, I thought the agreement with the Q (really CHL) prevented NHL teams from signing guys out of the Q before they were 20?

Edited by Opie

Serious question here:

Can they sign him to a pro contract next year, I thought the agreement with the Q (really CHL) prevented NHL teams from signing guys out of the Q before they were 20?

I'm pretty sure they have to turn 20 in the calendar year in which they sign their pro contract. Mantha turns 20 next September so he should be eligible to sign.

Serious question here:

Yeah he was a late bday for his draft year, he'll be turning 20 soon. He might get traded to a team that has a mem shot chance because his team is suposed to be rebuilding but if not I wouldnt mind seeing him get a game in Detroit. When youre 6'5 and that high of a pick you dont always need 3 years in the AHL, I hope the wings realize that with him. Its not a Nyquist case where he was tiny

Almost have to assume that the Wings will sign him to a pro contract as soon as his season's done in the Q. Would love to see him get some time in GR, if not a game maybe in Detroit for the hell of it, before the 2013-14 season's done.

When all the old farts on this team get injured before playoffs, Mantha can jump in and help us win the Cup a la Mr. Helm whom won the Cup before he was even a rookie. :cheesy:

I'm pretty sure they have to turn 20 in the calendar year in which they sign their pro contract. Mantha turns 20 next September so he should be eligible to sign.

Yep, but I believe there is a hard limit of age 20 for AHL eligibility. So he might be a black ace in the playoffs, but no Grifs action until next season.

Which seems far-fetched for Kenny to try.

Yep, but I believe there is a hard limit of age 20 for AHL eligibility. So he might be a black ace in the playoffs, but no Grifs action until next season.

Overall minimum age to be eligible for the AHL, outside of the transfer agreement between the NHL & CHL, is 18 years old as of Sept 15 of each season. Mantha becomes eligible for the AHL as soon as his season in the Q is done next spring.

Source: AHL FAQs http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

Bonus info on the NHL/CHL transfer agreement: http://www.litterboxcats.com/2011/9/3/2398398/the-nhl-chl-agreement

Overall minimum age to be eligible for the AHL, outside of the transfer agreement between the NHL & CHL, is 18 years old as of Sept 15 of each season. Mantha becomes eligible for the AHL as soon as his season in the Q is done next spring.

Source: AHL FAQs http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

Bonus info on the NHL/CHL transfer agreement: http://www.litterboxcats.com/2011/9/3/2398398/the-nhl-chl-agreement

GOOD. That's what I get for reading HFB.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

n/m

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey

No if his junior season is done youre allowed to sign a PTO with an AHL team and join but you would have to rejoin your junior team if you werent 20 the next year. Pretty sure they dont just say "sorry your season is over, we dont want you playing AHL either" because thats not as good for a developmental league like the CHL anyways.

Update:

Through 7 games he's got 18 pts(11 goals,7assists).

He's somehow only a plus 3 though.

A lot of power play points perhaps? Couple that with getting scored on occasionally and a low +/- is understandable

His +/- is actually pretty solid when you consider the number of power play points he has. He only has 6 points at even strength (3 goals, 3 assists), he has 9 (half of his total points) on the power play (5 goals, 4 assists), and he also has 3 short handed goals, which is always nice to see. That to go along with the fact that he is always out there against against the other teams best players, he is off to a great start again this season.

I've watched two of his games so far this year and he really does look like a man among boys out there, he can dominate in every aspect of the game. It really is a shame, with that new rule he cannot be playing with the Griffins this season. I think he would benefit much more playing against men in the AHL rather than playing against boys in junior.

His +/- is actually pretty solid when you consider the number of power play points he has. He only has 6 points at even strength (3 goals, 3 assists), he has 9 (half of his total points) on the power play (5 goals, 4 assists), and he also has 3 short handed goals, which is always nice to see. That to go along with the fact that he is always out there against against the other teams best players, he is off to a great start again this season.

I've watched two of his games so far this year and he really does look like a man among boys out there, he can dominate in every aspect of the game. It really is a shame, with that new rule he cannot be playing with the Griffins this season. I think he would benefit much more playing against men in the AHL rather than playing against boys in junior.

I was thinking it was most likely the fact that hes been killing penalties, but didn't look it up, so I didn't want to say anything...

But I agree, he needs to be playing in the ahl.

I was thinking it was most likely the fact that hes been killing penalties, but didn't look it up, so I didn't want to say anything...

But I agree, he needs to be playing in the ahl.

Well it doesn't really have anything to do with him playing the penalty kill... +/- isn't effected on the man advantage, unless you let in a short handed goal. The point was that all those points scored on the power play don't increase his +/-...

Well it doesn't really have anything to do with him playing the penalty kill... +/- isn't effected on the man advantage, unless you let in a short handed goal. The point was that all those points scored on the power play don't increase his +/-...

I'm aware, but playing on the penalty kill is less advantageous then being on the pp/even strength, so I figured thered be a few goals against on that. Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

I'm aware, but playing on the penalty kill is less advantageous then being on the pp/even strength, so I figured thered be a few goals against on that.

Ok..... What's your point??? Goals against do NOT effect your +/- when you're on the penalty kill... so...?