59 replies to this topic

#41 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Update:
Through 7 games he's got 18 pts(11 goals,7assists).
He's somehow only a plus 3 though.

#42 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Update:

A lot of power play points perhaps? Couple that with getting scored on occasionally and a low +/- is understandable

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#43 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Update:

A lot of power play points perhaps? Couple that with getting scored on occasionally and a low +/- is understandable

His +/- is actually pretty solid when you consider the number of power play points he has. He only has 6 points at even strength (3 goals, 3 assists), he has 9 (half of his total points) on the power play (5 goals, 4 assists), and he also has 3 short handed goals, which is always nice to see. That to go along with the fact that he is always out there against against the other teams best players, he is off to a great start again this season.

I've watched two of his games so far this year and he really does look like a man among boys out there, he can dominate in every aspect of the game. It really is a shame, with that new rule he cannot be playing with the Griffins this season. I think he would benefit much more playing against men in the AHL rather than playing against boys in junior.

#44 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

His +/- is actually pretty solid when you consider the number of power play points he has. He only has 6 points at even strength (3 goals, 3 assists), he has 9 (half of his total points) on the power play (5 goals, 4 assists), and he also has 3 short handed goals, which is always nice to see. That to go along with the fact that he is always out there against against the other teams best players, he is off to a great start again this season.

I've watched two of his games so far this year and he really does look like a man among boys out there, he can dominate in every aspect of the game. It really is a shame, with that new rule he cannot be playing with the Griffins this season. I think he would benefit much more playing against men in the AHL rather than playing against boys in junior.

I was thinking it was most likely the fact that hes been killing penalties, but didn't look it up, so I didn't want to say anything...
But I agree, he needs to be playing in the ahl.

#45 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I was thinking it was most likely the fact that hes been killing penalties, but didn't look it up, so I didn't want to say anything...
But I agree, he needs to be playing in the ahl.

Well it doesn't really have anything to do with him playing the penalty kill... +/- isn't effected on the man advantage, unless you let in a short handed goal. The point was that all those points scored on the power play don't increase his +/-...

#46 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

8 games.
23 points.
13goals.
10assists.

#47 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

he's scoring shorthanded too which is nice

#48 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Well it doesn't really have anything to do with him playing the penalty kill... +/- isn't effected on the man advantage, unless you let in a short handed goal. The point was that all those points scored on the power play don't increase his +/-...

I'm aware, but playing on the penalty kill is less advantageous then being on the pp/even strength, so I figured thered be a few goals against on that.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 12 October 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#49 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'm aware, but playing on the penalty kill is less advantageous then being on the pp/even strength, so I figured thered be a few goals against on that.

Ok..... What's your point??? Goals against do NOT effect your +/- when you're on the penalty kill... so...?

#50 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

3 goals 1 assist tonight...such a beast

#51 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ok..... What's your point??? Goals against do NOT effect your +/- when you're on the penalty kill... so...?

How many goals do you see scored after the pps over as the guys trying to get back into play, or when the rest of the pk has been caught out there and is dog tired....

#52 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

mantha is on pace for 120 goals. That would be 3rd all time in the Q behind Super Mario and guy lafluer. Pretty damn good! I know Domi is better! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#53 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Saw him play tonight. 

1. His team is bad. 

2. The scouting reports are spot on as far as I could see. He's got NHL IQ and tools right now, but his compete level is an issue.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#54 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I went to the mooseheads game friday night not just to see Drouin back and enjoy him while he is here, but to check out this kid given all the wraps.

I think he wound up with 1 assist and 2 penalties on the night.

But yes his plus/minus is simply because he plays for a crap team, Val-D'or are garbage, and while the moose are still playing reasonably well they aren't the same team without Mackinnon, Frk, Abeltshauser and MacAuley.

He certainly wasn't setting the world on fire when he was on the ice, he didn't stand out.

Edited by metalkorn, 21 October 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#55 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hopefully Mantha will be dealt to a contender before seasons end

#56 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

why would you say that?

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#57 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

why would you say that?

He means in the Q. Not his NHL rights. I think.

Probably because Mantha's current team sucks. It would help his growth if he got dealt to a contender and was able to play in the Memorial Cup tournament.

If this doesn't happen, that's great too. He'll join the Griffins when Val d'or's season is over, which will be early, because that team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#58 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

He has 33 points in 12 games, which leads the league by far.  Second place league-wide in points are four guys with 22 points in 13-15 games.

#59 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

No, we and he would be better to have his Junior season end early so he can get some games in at GR.

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,165 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

19 goals, 35 points in 13 games... must have had an off night, only registered 2 points last game  :rolleyes:  he is already listed at 6' 5" 204 lbs :w00t2: