• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Emmerton on Waivers

Rate this topic

Samuelsson isn't going anywhere because he can't be gotten rid of. That doesn't mean he's going to play. The fact that he was slotted into the Griffins/Marlies game was no doubt a sign of Babcock's displeasure... and he didn't even manage to get anything done against AHL opposition.

I agree completely, but Holland would have had to waive Sammy today, which he didn't do

Lol can't win, so you make up facts and then when you're wrong try and say I wasn't precise enough Lmao.

I said that Kenny wanted to get bigger and tougher... and your argument was that he drafted big... WHERE IS TOUGHNESS???? Tyler B is 5-11/6... you have no arguments... the guy who knows the guy who knows someone in your family... Wtf?!??!?! How old are you? Kenny signed Sammy and he can't buy him out nor send him to Gr... good luck worh trading him... What's your point? Find yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend and take that negative energy out of you poor kid

I agree completely, but Holland would have had to waive Sammy today, which he didn't do

Even if he's send down his cap hit will count against the salary cap. Do you understand that or not?! He will be sent down as soon as Helm gets ready. Do you need a drawing to understand this or what?!

I said that Kenny wanted to get bigger and tougher... and your argument was that he drafted big... WHERE IS TOUGHNESS???? Tyler B is 5-11/6... you have no arguments... the guy who knows the guy who knows someone in your family... Wtf?!??!?! How old are you? Kenny signed Sammy and he can't buy him out nor send him to Gr... good luck worh trading him... What's your point? Find yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend and take that negative energy out of you poor kid

Even if he's send down his cap hit will count against the salary cap. Do you understand that or not?! He will be sent down as soon as Helm gets ready. Do you need a drawing to understand this or what?!

First of all no need for personal attacks, I thought we were having a reasonable debate. Also you don't have to believe me that I know someone close to kenny, I personally don't care, but he was trying to make a reasonable trade all summer. Also we have quite a few tough guys coming up some are pretty big as well, I am on my cell so I am not going to try and find all their names, but one of which is a rather massive defenseman and he is quite the tough customer

And where is this proof that Sammy will be sent down when helm is healthy?

First of all no need for personal attacks, I thought we were having a reasonable debate. Also you don't have to believe me that I know someone close to kenny, I personally don't care, but he was trying to make a reasonable trade all summer. Also we have quite a few tough guys coming up some are pretty big as well, I am on my cell so I am not going to try and find all their names, but one of which is a rather massive defenseman and he is quite the tough customer

And where is this proof that Sammy will be sent down when helm is healthy?

Where is your proof that he will be playing? You can't have 15 forwards even if they are watching the game. Sammy is going to leave the Red Wings on the negative note as he didn't allow Kenny to buy his ass out - the reason was the injury. Something tells me that THE ORGANISATION didn't liked at all this situation. You can do some research and you will find out that some guy named Khan (not that credible source as yours... but the one who don't hide his identity) wrote on several occasions on buyouts and Sammy was mentioned couple of times.

I don't think Sammy will be sent down when Helm is healthy. I need to see the drawing, apparently. Please post it.

Where is your proof that he will be playing? You can't have 15 forwards even if they are watching the game. Sammy is going to leave the Red Wings on the negative note as he didn't allow Kenny to buy his ass out - the reason was the injury. Something tells me that THE ORGANISATION didn't liked at all this situation. You can do some research and you will find out that some guy named Khan (not that credible source as yours... but the one who don't hide his identity) wrote on several occasions on buyouts and Sammy was mentioned couple of times.

Please please please, post khans quote when he said the wings tried to buy him out. The only thing he said multiple times was that he anticipated Sammy being bought out. That's it

Mantha (if you are ref. to him) was drafted because of his skills... if Kenny wanted big and tough he could go after McCaron (Habs pick)... but Mantha is great pick don't get me wrong. Sammy even sent down his cap would still count against Detroit salary cap... I don't see him in Detroit anyway.

I'm not gonna speculate on Sammy or what they'll do with him, but as for the whole getting bigger thing, they have been gradually drafting bigger forwards and like euro twins said, its a lot better to work them through the system.

Jurcos 6'2'' he only played on gr for one season and they seem to be putting him on the fast track, he was an assistant captain in the prospects tourney.

Sheahans also 6'2''

Aubrys 6'4''

And for this draft, we got mantha, nastasiuk, janmark-nyelin(spelling), and our 7th rounder all 6'1''+.

Were gradually getting bigger, it'll just take a little time.

Edit: granted 6'1 isn't huge, but its a lot bigger than our usual small skilled forwards.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Guest Crymson

I don't see your point. Samuelsson can be sent to the minor at any point; doing so just won't garner much in cap savings.

Samuelsson won't be waived and he won't be sent down. End story. He makes too much money to be sent down to stay on our books for no reason even though he's on our books for no reason even when he is playing for us.

Edited by skyphoenix

I don't see your point. Samuelsson can be sent to the minor at any point; doing so just won't garner much in cap savings.

Maybe I should have been more clear, Sammy would have had to have been waived today, in order to hit the deadline to become compliant for the 23 man roster in time. Yes he can be sent down at any point in time though you're right

Guest Crymson

I don't think Sammy will be sent down when Helm is healthy. I need to see the drawing, apparently. Please post it.

Assuming you want a drawing of what Samuelsson will be doing, here it is:

(note: on the right is money, and on the left a cigar)

sammystick_zps78bf8272.png

I blame Hudler

I blame someone else whose name starts with H.

Guys like Sammy, Bertuzzi and Cleary are old, washed up crap, but I don't blame them for wanting to stick around and make a paycheck. They should have been shown the door, though.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guys like Sammy, Bertuzzi and Cleary are old, washed up crap, but I don't blame them for wanting to stick around and make a paycheck. They should have been shown the door, though.

I don't think Cleary was really in it just for the check, since he took a big paycut (reportedly) to come back

I don't think Cleary was really in it just for the check, since he took a big paycut (reportedly) to come back

He feels more comfortable in Detroit for sure. I didn't mean to sound like those guys only want to make money. It's more like, why are they given a chance to make that money on this of all teams? Don't we have enough hungry, talented players in the minors to take their spots? I think we do .

Assuming you want a drawing of what Samuelsson will be doing, here it is:

(note: on the right is money, and on the left a cigar)

sammystick_zps78bf8272.png

That is clearly an airplane flying into a flashlight held by some skinny guy who is also playing with green Legos.

Which I feel sums up this Sammy situation perfectly.

Edit: I have decided that the skinny guy is Emmerton in order to keep things on topic.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

He took a big paycut because he didn't have a contract anywhere else. He was going to be on a PTO with the Flyers meaning he had no contract offer on the table from Philly when Holland signed him.

And on the Sammy on waivers front, very much like the Tatar trade conversation, there is a difference between improbable & impossible. It's improbable Sammy gets sent down because of the money he makes & lack of cap relief the Wings would get, but it's not impossible. I have a feeling many thought that waiving Emmerton while Helm was on LTIR was going to be impossible too, yet here we are.

Guest Crymson

And whose fault is it that Sammy is even on this team?....................

Believe it or not, every general manager makes mistakes. If you're looking for one who doesn't, then you're going to come away disappointed. Holland has been excellent in most ways; he's got a good coaching staff, ices a competitive team no matter what, and has the system stocked full of excellent prospects despite a long-term, utter dearth of high draft picks. He's not counted by many as the best GM in the league for nothing, and the fact that he is imperfect does not mean that he is terrible.

He took a big paycut because he didn't have a contract anywhere else. He was going to be on a PTO with the Flyers meaning he had no contract offer on the table from Philly when Holland signed him.

And on the Sammy on waivers front, very much like the Tatar trade conversation, there is a difference between improbable & impossible. It's improbable Sammy gets sent down because of the money he makes & lack of cap relief the Wings would get, but it's not impossible. I have a feeling many thought that waiving Emmerton while Helm was on LTIR was going to be impossible too, yet here we are.

The Penguins had reportedly offered him a contract as well, even going so far as to have Crosby contact him.

Babcock wanted Cleary, and indeed it seems that he wanted Cleary more than Holland did. Bertuzzi was still good for 40+ points per season when he was signed, and he was also a prime contributor in the shootout.

I agree that Samuelsson was a terrible signing, though there's no knowing how things could have gone if not for his injuries last season. Fortunately, it was only two years.

Edited by Crymson

The Penguins had reportedly offered him a contract as well, even going so far as to have Crosby contact him.

Rumors were that the Pens, Ducks, Flyers, & Panthers had interest in Cleary. Interest does not equal contract offer, as one can see in Philly's case for example. As for Crosby calling Cleary to recruit him to the Pens, the original source of that news made no mention of the fact that it was Ray Shero or anyone else in the Pittsburgh organization that put Crosby to that task. At least not according to all of the coverage I saw, but I'm certainly open to changing my perspective given solid evidence instead of rumors. Given the fact that Cleary was actually in Vail this offseason working out with a group of players including Crosby & the lack of a credible source stating Crosby was acting on the Pens front office's instructions or that an official contract was offered leads me to believe that Crosby was doing that recruiting of his on accord. The known facts are that terms were discussed with the Flyers if he made the team via a PTO but no official contract was on the table and that he did turn down two offers from Kenny prior to hitting the market. So in my opinion, Cleary returning to the Wings had as much if not more to do with him taking the certainty of having a contract over possibly earning one in Philly with no other offers on the table than it did with his "heart belonging in Detroit". I won't say I blame him for making in essence a economic decision to return, but I think the whole anointing of St. Daniel for taking less money to "stay" is a little much.

Back on topic though, I do have to say I like the message that waiving Emmerton sends about the confidence the Wings have in the future of players like Sheahan & Glendening. Not that I'm looking forward to more injuries (OK maybe I am a little in Sammy's case) but I am looking forward to seeing those two up with the big club a bit this season to get some more experience.

Which is kind of weird, because wasn't he all "I dunno, Ken, I mean, these other offers I have are REALLY REALLY GOOD"?