• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Emmerton on Waivers

Rate this topic

That is clearly an airplane flying into a flashlight held by some skinny guy who is also playing with green Legos.

Which I feel sums up this Sammy situation perfectly.

Edit: I have decided that the skinny guy is Emmerton in order to keep things on topic.

I forgot this was a thread about emmerton until I read your post. Edited by The Greek

Guest Crymson

Shame for him but I was surprised he even made the NHL in the first place. Even at AHL level he was completely unremarkable.

Shame indeed. He was one of the highest-ranked forwards in his draft class.

Too bad for him that he couldn't find a place to be up with the big dogs, but it's good for us that we have that sort of depth.

If others are better or are more cap-friendly, that's ok. It's still good to have a depth guy like that who is familiar with our team and system when the playoffs roll around.

On other news

Chuck Pleiness @wingsfrontman

It appears Tatar is the odd man out Wednesday. He's been working in and out of the top line with Dastyuk, Zetterberg and Abdelkader.

I'm assuming that this thread has become a catch-all for the roster activities taking place between now and Wednesday. In which case, I'm staying on topic here, I hope.

On other news

It appears Tatar is the odd man out Wednesday. He's been working in and out of the top line with Dastyuk, Zetterberg and Abdelkader.

I'm assuming that this thread has become a catch-all for the roster activities taking place between now and Wednesday. In which case, I'm staying on topic here, I hope.

Oh c'mon. What does he have to do to prove he's more valuable then all our bottom six guys?

On other news

Oh c'mon. What does he have to do to prove he's more valuable then all our bottom six guys?

Ya khan just tweeted saying Tatar thinks he's a healthy scratch for the opener

To be fair, Babcock most certainly played Nyquist instead of Bertuzzi and Samuelson during th playoffs last year. And not just for health reasons. If Nyquist was on the team, instead of GRs, he'd be playing Wednesday.

I just don't think Babcock has much love for Tatar. Not yet anyway.

Edit: I'd love to see what the lines in practice are looking like for Wednesday's game.

Edited by rick zombo

I was going to make a post here earlier today saying that anyone who thinks Tatar is on the same footing as Cleary, Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi in Babcock's (and Holland's) mind hasn't been following this team for very long.

Tatar scratched while Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson probably all play?

Holland will never embrace a youth movement. It only happened because his hand was forced last season.

Bingo. As I've been saying all along, the "youth movement" is a lie. It was born of necessity, not preference.

Edited by Dabura

Ya khan just tweeted saying Tatar thinks he's a healthy scratch for the opener

I think this is a case of misreading the situation. As the freep writes here:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130930/SPORTS05/309300077/1053/sports05

Our forward roster stands as:

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader

Johan Franzen - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson

Daniel Cleary - Joakim Andersson - Todd Bertuzzi

Tomas Tatar - Drew Miller - Mikael Samuelsson

If Tatar is a scratch, who plays for him? Eaves, Tootoo, and Helm are all injured. Maybe Babs is thinking about making Abby 4th line center and maybe bumping Tatar up to the 1st line.

I think this is a case of misreading the situation. As the freep writes here:

http://www.freep.com/article/20130930/SPORTS05/309300077/1053/sports05

Our forward roster stands as:

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader

Johan Franzen - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson

Daniel Cleary - Joakim Andersson - Todd Bertuzzi

Tomas Tatar - Drew Miller - Mikael Samuelsson

If Tatar is a scratch, who plays for him? Eaves, Tootoo, and Helm are all injured. Maybe Babs is thinking about making Abby 4th line center and maybe bumping Tatar up to the 1st line.

Bottom 6 is pathetic - no grind and no heart overall. Bert, Sammy, Cleary don't have the wheels to grind down low and get the puck deep. This will end poorly.

Maybe Babs is thinking about making Abby 4th line center and maybe bumping Tatar up to the 1st line.

I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly doubt Babs is seriously considering bumping Tatar up to the 1st line. But anything's possible, I guess.

Ick, these lines don't look as good as I thought they would.

Success hinges on that second line. The bottom two are pretty blah, especially that third. It's a bad sign that our "energy line" could consist of one kid with speed and two older guys with no legs.

There had been speculation that Tootoo would be ready for the opener. Maybe that was why Tatar was not certain whether or not he'd be scratched.

Either way, it's the opener so it's exciting, but the lines and scratches will vary throughout the season.

"We like Gus, and he'll be with the team sooner or later," general manager Ken Holland said. "Unfortunately we've got some difficult cap issues and we're going to start out the way we're going to start out, and we'll sort it out as we go."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130930/SPORTS05/309300077/detroit-red-wings-gustav-nyquist

sigh

Well that move was to be expected.

4th Line looks awful especially with Miller as Center and Sammy on the Wing.

3rd Line has some grid at least with Andersson and Bert. That might be the slowest Line ever sent on ice but I liked what I've seen from Bert this preseason. Add Clearys experience and heart to it and they should be fine.