• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Emmerton on Waivers

Rate this topic

I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly doubt Babs is seriously considering bumping Tatar up to the 1st line. But anything's possible, I guess.

Yeah, maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I still don't think he'll be a scratch Wednesday even if Tootoo is healthy. Babcock hasn't shown a desire to give tootoo ice time and he'll be coming in cold.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Guest Crymson

Don't worry, I'm sure the reason Sammy might play ahead of Tatar and Nyquist in game 1 is so Sammy can get a boo-boo that will keep him on LTIR for a month or two. That will then free up space for actual contributing hockey players.

Normally I wouldn't hope for an injury to a player, but Samuelsson has reached freeloader status. I can't respect that. I'm sure he'd be perfectly content to simply sit at home and collect a paycheck anyhow.

Edited by Crymson

We all knew it was going to come down to this when they re-signed Cleary and didn't buy out / waive / trade some of the rust. But fear not, Red Wing Fans! The Sammy Experiment should be over by the end of the week and he will be in the place he loves best, ice packs, Sportscreme, theraputic massages, and a totally undeserved paycheck.

Edited by AtomicPunk

Also Ouellet has been recalled

Looks like the Opening Night Roster is:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

Cleary-Andersson-Bertuzzi (I might be in the minority, but I like that third line)

Miller-Emmerton-Samuelsson

Tatar

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-DeKeyser

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff-Ouellet

Howard

Coreau

http://kuklaskorner.com/a2y/comments/nyquist-boned?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It just doesn't make sense to me that we had the chance to field our best possible team and we chose not to. With Eaves on LTIR we could have kept Nyquist up. Sure he gets his 2 games and can't go down, so what? He should never have been sent down in their first place.

Why keep Emdog up? Is he really that expendable? Once Helm or Eaves come back won't he have to go through waivers all over again?

Someone call Jeff Gillooly to get a lead pipe ready for Sammy.

Ya I don't see why Xavier would be up either. We have 7 healthy d-men

They are calling up only guys who don't have to worry about waivers (now or in the immediate future) but I don't see why Coreau is up over Mrazek or why we need 8 d-men.

There's got to be something more to all of this. Something deep. Sinister. Pure "evil genius at work" kind of thing. Someone out there is planning to take over the universe, and it just might be Holland.

Or maybe he just wants a bit more of a look-see at these guys and they have the lowest cap hits.

They are calling up only guys who don't have to worry about waivers (now or in the immediate future) but I don't see why Coreau is up over Mrazek or why we need 8 d-men.

There's got to be something more to all of this. Something deep. Sinister. Pure "evil genius at work" kind of thing. Someone out there is planning to take over the universe, and it just might be Holland.

Or maybe he just wants a bit more of a look-see at these guys and they have the lowest cap hits.

If that were the case, he'd have a combo of like Glendening (575K) and Nedomlel (612K). Coreau and Ouellet are making 925K and 894K, respectively. I'm pretty confused, personally.

Edited by Jesusberg

Also Ouellet has been recalled

Looks like the Opening Night Roster is:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

Cleary-Andersson-Bertuzzi (I might be in the minority, but I like that third line)

Miller-Emmerton-Samuelsson

Tatar

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-DeKeyser

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff-Ouellet

Howard

Coreau

Emmerton is in GR, also I would be a fan of waving Lashoff in favour of Xavier

Emmerton is in GR, also I would be a fan of waving Lashoff in favour of Xavier

Not anymore.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1h

Ken Holland said Cory Emmerton is able to start the season with Wings because Patrick Eaves was placed on long term IR

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 1h

Cory Emmerton not to GR after all, part of Red Wings opening day roster, in all likelihood will center 4th line opening night.

I'd rather have Torontos fourth line than this edition of a fourth line :(

I think the DetroitRedWings have given up too soon on Emmerton, sure he wasn't that great but the guy is still young and could improve why does it hurt to have him at a very low salary aav?

Yeah, once again we have a throwaway 4th line, instead of a 4th line that can provide energy and physicality. Our 4th line is usually a bunch of jobbers.

Believe it or not, every general manager makes mistakes. If you're looking for one who doesn't, then you're going to come away disappointed. Holland has been excellent in most ways; he's got a good coaching staff, ices a competitive team no matter what, and has the system stocked full of excellent prospects despite a long-term, utter dearth of high draft picks. He's not counted by many as the best GM in the league for nothing, and the fact that he is imperfect does not mean that he is terrible.

The Penguins had reportedly offered him a contract as well, even going so far as to have Crosby contact him.

Babcock wanted Cleary, and indeed it seems that he wanted Cleary more than Holland did. Bertuzzi was still good for 40+ points per season when he was signed, and he was also a prime contributor in the shootout.

I agree that Samuelsson was a terrible signing, though there's no knowing how things could have gone if not for his injuries last season. Fortunately, it was only two years.

The dumb moves Holland has made have been no-brainers. Not just hindsight being 20/20. Bringing back Cleary and signing Sammy to that contract were moves anyone on LGW could foresee as mistakes.

Holland needs to put more trust in guys in the minors, instead of giving us his "overripe" quote. If we're talking fruits, Tatar is and Nyquist are fresh, while Cleary and Sammy are rotten. Meanwhile, Bertuzzi is a dead plant. Yeah, he scored 40 points two years ago. He's 38 and basically didn't play last year. It's pathetic these guys are still on the roster, and it doesn't take a genius GM to see they're a mistake.

Edited by GMRwings1983

What in flying f*** is going on?

Nyquist down

Emmerton centering the 4th line on Wednesday

Tatar scratched

Monster and Tootoo on IR, but not LTIR

Man, the only thing exciting is that Oulette's been recalled, but why?

None of this makes one pubic hair's worth of sense to me. I feel like I just took Salvia or something.

What in flying f*** is going on?

Nyquist down

Emmerton centering the 4th line on Wednesday

Tatar scratched

Monster and Tootoo on IR, but not LTIR

Man, the only thing exciting is that Oulette's been recalled, but why?

None of this makes one pubic hair's worth of sense to me. I feel like I just took Salvia or something.

We like our team. :cheesy: