• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Emmerton on Waivers

Rate this topic

I wish some team would have claimed Emmerton to get him off the roster.

Nothing personal, but there are too many bodies and Emmerton is taking the spot of a better player. Emmerton being a center is insignificant. He gets about five minutes of ice time and you could send out one of the other centers to take draws, if necessary.

Edited by GoWings1905

I wish some team would have claimed Emmerton to get him off the roster.

Nothing personal, but there are too many bodies and Emmerton is taking the spot of a better player. Emmerton being a center is insignificant. He gets about five minutes of ice time and you could send out one of the other centers to take draws, if necessary.

agree id rather see tatar in than emmerton hopfully cleary Sammy or bert pull something

I feel like Tatar plays the way Babs wanted Huds to play more like, going to the net, shoot first mentality, and Tatars playoff performance in the AHL shows this little guy's a competitor. Its early, not even a game in but I gotta hope soon Tatar gets the benefit of the doubt before some of our veterans.

Miller, Emmerton, Bertuzzi, and Sammy are all better than Tatar at this point...? right...

I feel like babs is putting sammy out there honestly hoping he gets injured and can be put on ltir for the year

Eureka! You've hit on it. Sammy plays. No enforcer. Sammy's a sitting duck. Nyquist gets the call up and Sammy sits on LTIR unless we absolutely need him.

Genius. Pure, mad genius.

Eureka! You've hit on it. Sammy plays. No enforcer. Sammy's a sitting duck. Nyquist gets the call up and Sammy sits on LTIR unless we absolutely need him.

Genius. Pure, mad genius.

Firstly, I think you are looking too far into the future, and also no one is going to take a run at Sammy, he will just hand the puck over and say take it, no need for violence. I predict he injures his boob or groin in practice wednesday before he even plays a game, Tatar slots in on 3rd line, we win a trillion - 1

then Bert gets back spasms, and goose gets called up. More importantly, Why did Goose get sent down in favour of callin Ouellet and "emdog" up?

So, apparently this is the explanation for Coreau and Ouellet being called up:

"The Wings also needed to add defenseman Xavier Ouellet and goalie Jared Coreau to the 23-man roster in order to reach the cap limit.

In order for teams to get cap relief from long-term IR, a team must use up all of its cap space and roster spots first."

http://www.dailytribune.com/sports/20130930/red-wings-notebook-team-makes-roster-moves

So, apparently this is the explanation for Coreau and Ouellet being called up:

"The Wings also needed to add defenseman Xavier Ouellet and goalie Jared Coreau to the 23-man roster in order to reach the cap limit.

In order for teams to get cap relief from long-term IR, a team must use up all of its cap space and roster spots first."

http://www.dailytribune.com/sports/20130930/red-wings-notebook-team-makes-roster-moves

bull. Nyquist makes 50k more than Ouellet, I don't buy that for a minute

Ok, I drank some whiskey flavored Kool Aid and I have decided to be the drunk optimist here.

Babs and Holland are just lighting a fire under Nyquist and Tatar... they are going to be so hungry and determined that when they get in the lineup they will "tie" for the Calder.

Brilliant coaching Babs.

I'm thinking oueletts up for one of two reasons, either there's a trade in the works, or they really have no idea what theyre going to do when players get healthy and don't wanna use up nyquists two games.

The trade route could also be why coreau is up instead of mrazek, but it could just be the easiest way to get cap/roster compliant.

"But early going in the season, tie goes to the veteran not to the kid. That’s just life. It’s amazing how that works. We’ll get it worked out.”

I like Babcock, but that quote has to be the most frustrating and nonsensical quote I have ever heard him utter.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I'm thinking oueletts up for one of two reasons, either there's a trade in the works, or they really have no idea what theyre going to do when players get healthy and don't wanna use up nyquists two games.

The trade route could also be why coreau is up instead of mrazek, but it could just be the easiest way to get cap/roster compliant.

Those guys could all be traded without calling them up. Malik gives a pretty good explanation of what's going on. http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-roster-moves-get-weird-emmerton-remains-in-nhl-ouellet-recalled-t

Guest Crymson

bull. Nyquist makes 50k more than Ouellet, I don't buy that for a minute

Nyquist's extra 50K counts against the cap.

Emmerton recalled, Nyquist sent down. Sometimes Ken Holland, you make it very, very hard to defend you.

His mistakes are stacking up, also it is tough to see the big picture here. Last season, the young guns played great and now guys like Nyquist are getting sent down? Put Samuelson on LTIR and play the young guys seriously they can only improve if they play, if there is not enough room for them, Kenny only has himself to blame nobody forced him to sign Weiss or Alfredsson.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!