• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Emmerton on Waivers

Rate this topic

I might be wrong on what I said earlier:

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose

With Emmerton on waivers, #RedWings think Joakim Andersson, Riley Sheahan & Luke Glendening can be viable 4th-line contributors in '13-14.

According to CapGeek, DeKeyser's cap hit this season is $850K. $850K plus $900K from Nyquist plus $533K for Emmerton equals $2.283m, which puts the Wings just over $100K above the cap. Bollocks.

Capgeek's own calculator must be wrong then. Move him down to GR through that & it only takes off $500k. Here are the results: http://capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/33164

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)

Danny Cleary ($1.750m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

OTHER

Buried: Gustav Nyquist ($0.025m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,889,545; BONUSES: $2,160,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): -$429,545

With just DeKeyser removed. Difference from the current cap overage is just $500k

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($5.500m)

Danny Cleary ($1.750m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,347,879; BONUSES: $2,160,000

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): -$1,887,879

According to this (http://capgeek.com/player/2415) his cap hit for this season including allowable bonuses is $1.350m. $850k of that is possible performance bonuses that can delayed until next years' cap. That plus Alfie's $2m & Tatar's $160k in bonuses are reflected in the Bonuses calc of $3.01m here. Take their cap payroll of $69.7m, subtract out the $3.01m in deferable bonuses, & subtract out the cap ceiling of $64.3m for their cap overage of $2,387,879. Nyquist, DeKeyser, & Emmerton do not get the Wings under the cap.

Edited by ogreslayer

I think Emmerton's value on the PK is being under appreciated here a bit. He deserves a bit of respect for that.

That being said, he's a replaceable. But I'm confused: how would swapping Emmerton with Glendenning relieve the cap and roster squeeze?

I'm a bit tired of everyone saying "x" player is under appreciated on the pk... Eaves, miller, emmerton are all decent on th pk but they aren't "great" if we had all these great pk guys, do you think our pk would have been as bad as it was last year. Sorry but emmerton needs to go, he provides nothing useful, any minor contributions he may have are easily replaced by our prospects

Glendening wouldn't help the too-many-players problem. I fear this means Cleary to the top line, with Abdelkader centering the third or fourth.

I think there's a fair chance that Miller might end up getting a look at centering the 4th.

I think Emmerton's value on the PK is being under appreciated here a bit. He deserves a bit of respect for that.

That being said, he's a replaceable. But I'm confused: how would swapping Emmerton with Glendenning relieve the cap and roster squeeze?

Glendenning won't be making the team to start the season. He has been mentioned as a possible call-up if more injuries happen.

I'm a bit tired of everyone saying "x" player is under appreciated on the pk... Eaves, miller, emmerton are all decent on th pk but they aren't "great" if we had all these great pk guys, do you think our pk would have been as bad as it was last year. Sorry but emmerton needs to go, he provides nothing useful, any minor contributions he may have are easily replaced by our prospects

Easy. I said straight up that Emmerton was replaceable.

I tell you what I'M tired of. People talking s*** about a player that seems to be on his way out.

Yes, Emdog wasn't great, but I was just trying to be positive about some part of his game. I wish him luck.

Easy. I said straight up that Emmerton was replaceable.

I tell you what I'M tired of. People talking s*** about a player that seems to be on his way out.

Yes, Emdog wasn't great, but I was just trying to be positive about some part of his game. I wish him luck.

I am not talking s***. I simply am stating the facts. I get what you are saying, but we need not defend players who are clearly not nhl caliber

Guest Crymson

Glendening wouldn't help the too-many-players problem. I fear this means Cleary to the top line, with Abdelkader centering the third or fourth.

Glendening is a center, and the players on LTIR will make the roster issue moot for the time being.

Guest Crymson

Tons of players on waivers today. Any potential upgrades? Pick Liles, trade Q? Just a stupid example, I haven't seen the full list.

I think it's likely that anyone worthwhile will end up claimed.

Liles sucks.

I don't know what people see in Glendenning that's supposedly so much better than Emmerton.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Cleary

Franzen Weiss Alfredsson

Bertuzzi Andersson Samuelsson

Miller Abdelkader Tootoo

Opening night lines?

Would be shocked to see neither of Tatar and Nyquist in the lineup.

If we're moving Abby down to the 4th line C, I'd want Alfredsson up there on the 1st line. Either try Cleary/Samuelsson/Bertuzzi on the 2nd line or, preferably, Tatar or Nyquist.

Don't see Tootoo being in the lineup opening night.

Franzen Weiss Alfredsson

Miller Abdelkader Tootoo

Opening night lines?

Cleary on the top line? LOL. That bum shouldn't even be on the team.

Nyquist or Tatar should be in that lineup. Not three old, washed up players.

Guest Crymson

Franzen Weiss Alfredsson

Miller Abdelkader Tootoo

Opening night lines?

I'll take that as a joke.

Z - Dats - Tatar

Francine - Weiss - Alf

Nyquist - Abdelkader - Bert

Miller/Tootoo - Andersson - Cleary/Tootoo

Sammy Gr bound

Eaves and Helm as always = injured

Sorry to wash your dreams down the sink. Holland said no one else will be put on waivers so unless he can find someone to give us a bag of pucks for Sammy, were stuck with him

Kenny also said that he wants to get bigger and tougher...

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that Sammy isn't going anywhere. And to say Kenny isn't making us bigger and tougher, I would like to point put our most recent draft. We drafted a lot of big guys, you can't just trade your roster away for a couple big guys, it's better to develop them in your system and stay competitive. I'm annoyed when people constantly accusing Kenny of lying, you do realize he has spent the majority of the summer on the phone trying to make a trade right. I know this because I know someone who is close to his family and trust me he has tried everything aside from trading our stars

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that Sammy isn't going anywhere. And to say Kenny isn't making us bigger and tougher, I would like to point put our most recent draft. We drafted a lot of big guys, you can't just trade your roster away for a couple big guys, it's better to develop them in your system and stay competitive. I'm annoyed when people constantly accusing Kenny of lying, you do realize he has spent the majority of the summer on the phone trying to make a trade right. I know this because I know someone who is close to his family and trust me he has tried everything aside from trading our stars

Mantha (if you are ref. to him) was drafted because of his skills... if Kenny wanted big and tough he could go after McCaron (Habs pick)... but Mantha is great pick don't get me wrong. Sammy even sent down his cap would still count against Detroit salary cap... I don't see him in Detroit anyway.

Mantha (if you are ref. to him) was drafted because of his skills... if Kenny wanted big and tough he could go after McCaron (Habs pick)... but Mantha is great pick don't get me wrong. Sammy even sent down his cap would still count against Detroit salary cap... I don't see him in Detroit anyway.

Lmao! I love how you literally only mentioned our first round pick lol. I'm talking more about the other six rounds. We have a lot of very big players that will be developing over the next few years, getting bigger doesn't happen overnight

Lmao! I love how you literally only mentioned our first round pick lol. I'm talking more about the other six rounds. We have a lot of very big players that will be developing over the next few years, getting bigger doesn't happen overnight

You seems to be mad... sorry have no tme to loose on your kind... but next time be more precise...

Only Bertuzzi, Mcnulty, and Wheaton really add toughness, maybe Nastasiuk a little

More than few tougher/bigger guys have slipped in the last few years. Bertuzzi, Callahan, McNulty, Wheaton, Mckee, Sheahan, Hudon, Bodin, Aubry. Holland has made it clear he wants to start getting bigger, but he's going to do it through the draft as you can see.

If I was in charge, this would be our lineup for opening night.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Miller-Glendening-Cleary

Bertuzzi and Samuelsson would be healthy scratches. Helm is on LTIR, and perhaps Tootoo/Eaves as well. Send Glendening down to GR when Helm can play. I'm guessing Emmerton was sent down so Glendening could stay up as an injury replacement. He certainly adds a lot more grit to the 4th line than Emmerton.

You seems to be mad... sorry have no tme to loose on your kind... but next time be more precise...

Lol can't win, so you make up facts and then when you're wrong try and say I wasn't precise enough Lmao.

Edited by Euro_Twins

Guest Crymson

Samuelsson isn't going anywhere because he can't be gotten rid of. That doesn't mean he's going to play. The fact that he was slotted into the Griffins/Marlies game was no doubt a sign of Babcock's displeasure... and he didn't even manage to get anything done against AHL opposition.