• 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Z - Dats - Tatar
Francine - Weiss - Alf
Nyquist - Abdelkader - Bert
Miller/Tootoo - Andersson - Cleary/Tootoo

Sammy Gr bound
Eaves and Helm as always = injured

Sorry to wash your dreams down the sink. Holland said no one else will be put on waivers so unless he can find someone to give us a bag of pucks for Sammy, were stuck with him

#42 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Sorry to wash your dreams down the sink. Holland said no one else will be put on waivers so unless he can find someone to give us a bag of pucks for Sammy, were stuck with him

Kenny also said that he wants to get bigger and tougher...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#43 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Kenny also said that he wants to get bigger and tougher...

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that Sammy isn't going anywhere. And to say Kenny isn't making us bigger and tougher, I would like to point put our most recent draft. We drafted a lot of big guys, you can't just trade your roster away for a couple big guys, it's better to develop them in your system and stay competitive. I'm annoyed when people constantly accusing Kenny of lying, you do realize he has spent the majority of the summer on the phone trying to make a trade right. I know this because I know someone who is close to his family and trust me he has tried everything aside from trading our stars

#44 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that Sammy isn't going anywhere. And to say Kenny isn't making us bigger and tougher, I would like to point put our most recent draft. We drafted a lot of big guys, you can't just trade your roster away for a couple big guys, it's better to develop them in your system and stay competitive. I'm annoyed when people constantly accusing Kenny of lying, you do realize he has spent the majority of the summer on the phone trying to make a trade right. I know this because I know someone who is close to his family and trust me he has tried everything aside from trading our stars

Mantha (if you are ref. to him) was drafted because of his skills... if Kenny wanted big and tough he could go after McCaron (Habs pick)... but Mantha is great pick don't get me wrong. Sammy even sent down his cap would still count against Detroit salary cap... I don't see him in Detroit anyway.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Mantha (if you are ref. to him) was drafted because of his skills... if Kenny wanted big and tough he could go after McCaron (Habs pick)... but Mantha is great pick don't get me wrong. Sammy even sent down his cap would still count against Detroit salary cap... I don't see him in Detroit anyway.

Lmao! I love how you literally only mentioned our first round pick lol. I'm talking more about the other six rounds. We have a lot of very big players that will be developing over the next few years, getting bigger doesn't happen overnight

#46 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Lmao! I love how you literally only mentioned our first round pick lol. I'm talking more about the other six rounds. We have a lot of very big players that will be developing over the next few years, getting bigger doesn't happen overnight

You seems to be mad... sorry have no tme to loose on your kind... but next time be more precise...

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Only Bertuzzi, Mcnulty, and Wheaton really add toughness, maybe Nastasiuk a little

More than few tougher/bigger guys have slipped in the last few years. Bertuzzi, Callahan, McNulty, Wheaton, Mckee, Sheahan, Hudon, Bodin, Aubry. Holland has made it clear he wants to start getting bigger, but he's going to do it through the draft as you can see.

#48 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

If I was in charge, this would be our lineup for opening night.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Miller-Glendening-Cleary

Bertuzzi and Samuelsson would be healthy scratches. Helm is on LTIR, and perhaps Tootoo/Eaves as well. Send Glendening down to GR when Helm can play. I'm guessing Emmerton was sent down so Glendening could stay up as an injury replacement. He certainly adds a lot more grit to the 4th line than Emmerton. 

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

You seems to be mad... sorry have no tme to loose on your kind... but next time be more precise...

Lol can't win, so you make up facts and then when you're wrong try and say I wasn't precise enough Lmao.

Edited by Euro_Twins, 29 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Samuelsson isn't going anywhere because he can't be gotten rid of. That doesn't mean he's going to play. The fact that he was slotted into the Griffins/Marlies game was no doubt a sign of Babcock's displeasure... and he didn't even manage to get anything done against AHL opposition.

#51 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Samuelsson isn't going anywhere because he can't be gotten rid of. That doesn't mean he's going to play. The fact that he was slotted into the Griffins/Marlies game was no doubt a sign of Babcock's displeasure... and he didn't even manage to get anything done against AHL opposition.

I agree completely, but Holland would have had to waive Sammy today, which he didn't do

#52 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Lol can't win, so you make up facts and then when you're wrong try and say I wasn't precise enough Lmao.

I said that Kenny wanted to get bigger and tougher... and your argument was that he drafted big... WHERE IS TOUGHNESS???? Tyler B is 5-11/6... you have no arguments... the guy who knows the guy who knows someone in your family... Wtf?!??!?! How old are you? Kenny signed Sammy and he can't buy him out nor send him to Gr... good luck worh trading him... What's your point? Find yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend and take that negative energy out of you poor kid

I agree completely, but Holland would have had to waive Sammy today, which he didn't do

Even if he's send down his cap hit will count against the salary cap. Do you understand that or not?! He will be sent down as soon as Helm gets ready. Do you need a drawing to understand this or what?!

#53 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

I said that Kenny wanted to get bigger and tougher... and your argument was that he drafted big... WHERE IS TOUGHNESS???? Tyler B is 5-11/6... you have no arguments... the guy who knows the guy who knows someone in your family... Wtf?!??!?! How old are you? Kenny signed Sammy and he can't buy him out nor send him to Gr... good luck worh trading him... What's your point? Find yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend and take that negative energy out of you poor kid

Even if he's send down his cap hit will count against the salary cap. Do you understand that or not?! He will be sent down as soon as Helm gets ready. Do you need a drawing to understand this or what?!

First of all no need for personal attacks, I thought we were having a reasonable debate. Also you don't have to believe me that I know someone close to kenny, I personally don't care, but he was trying to make a reasonable trade all summer. Also we have quite a few tough guys coming up some are pretty big as well, I am on my cell so I am not going to try and find all their names, but one of which is a rather massive defenseman and he is quite the tough customer
And where is this proof that Sammy will be sent down when helm is healthy?

#54 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

First of all no need for personal attacks, I thought we were having a reasonable debate. Also you don't have to believe me that I know someone close to kenny, I personally don't care, but he was trying to make a reasonable trade all summer. Also we have quite a few tough guys coming up some are pretty big as well, I am on my cell so I am not going to try and find all their names, but one of which is a rather massive defenseman and he is quite the tough customer
And where is this proof that Sammy will be sent down when helm is healthy?

Where is your proof that he will be playing? You can't have 15 forwards even if they are watching the game. Sammy is going to leave the Red Wings on the negative note as he didn't allow Kenny to buy his ass out - the reason was the injury. Something tells me that THE ORGANISATION didn't liked at all this situation. You can do some research and you will find out that some guy named Khan (not that credible source as yours... but the one who don't hide his identity) wrote on several occasions on buyouts and Sammy was mentioned couple of times.

#55 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I don't think Sammy will be sent down when Helm is healthy.  I need to see the drawing, apparently.  Please post it.

#56 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Where is your proof that he will be playing? You can't have 15 forwards even if they are watching the game. Sammy is going to leave the Red Wings on the negative note as he didn't allow Kenny to buy his ass out - the reason was the injury. Something tells me that THE ORGANISATION didn't liked at all this situation. You can do some research and you will find out that some guy named Khan (not that credible source as yours... but the one who don't hide his identity) wrote on several occasions on buyouts and Sammy was mentioned couple of times.

Please please please, post khans quote when he said the wings tried to buy him out. The only thing he said multiple times was that he anticipated Sammy being bought out. That's it

#57 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm not gonna speculate on Sammy or what they'll do with him, but as for the whole getting bigger thing, they have been gradually drafting bigger forwards and like euro twins said, its a lot better to work them through the system.
Jurcos 6'2'' he only played on gr for one season and they seem to be putting him on the fast track, he was an assistant captain in the prospects tourney.
Sheahans also 6'2''
Aubrys 6'4''
And for this draft, we got mantha, nastasiuk, janmark-nyelin(spelling), and our 7th rounder all 6'1''+.
Were gradually getting bigger, it'll just take a little time.

Edit: granted 6'1 isn't huge, but its a lot bigger than our usual small skilled forwards.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 29 September 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I don't think Sammy will be sent down when Helm is healthy.  I need to see the drawing, apparently.  Please post it.

He's making it up in ms paint

#59 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't see your point. Samuelsson can be sent to the minor at any point; doing so just won't garner much in cap savings.

#60 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Samuelsson won't be waived and he won't be sent down. End story. He makes too much money to be sent down to stay on our books for no reason even though he's on our books for no reason even when he is playing for us.

Edited by skyphoenix, 29 September 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image